Turn Rate: 720.000
|Attributes:||Light - Mechanical|
- Light unit that provides detection.
- Permanently cloaked.
- Fragile; be careful of anti-air defenses that can detect them.
- Extremely valuable as a scout. Use it to explore the map or track the enemy’s movements.
- An attentive opponent may notice the shimmering outline of your observer, even if they are cloaked. Try not to move through heavily monitored areas, like going through the middle of the enemy’s base.
- Graviton Booster: Passive increase to the Observer’s movement speed.
- Build Missile Turrets around your base to detect them.
- Build a Raven and some Vikings, and fly around the map to hunt down enemy Observers.
- If you see the shimmering form of the Observer, use a Ghost to fire an EMP round at it. This will reveal it for a few seconds, giving your Ghost enough time to kill it.
- Morph some Overlords into Overseers for their detection capabilities, or build a few Spore Crawlers around your base.
- Spawn Mutalisks and team them up with an Overseer. Proceed to scour the map in search of Observers.
- Have an Infestor use Fungal Growth if you spot a shimmering outline. This removes the cloak for a few seconds and allows your anti-air units to kill the Observer.
- Place a few Photon Cannons around your base to detect them.
- Use Phoenixes coupled with an Observer of your own to hunt down enemy Observers.
- Observers are extremely fragile, so units that can attack air (and can see them) will be able to kill them quickly.