Turn Rate: 999.844
|Attributes:||Armored - Biological|
- Air-based supply and transport unit.
- Provides ’unit supply’ to increase the army’s capacity as more overlords are spawned -– the death of overlords can result in a significant drop in the army’s supply.
- Can transport and drop Zerg units with [VENTRAL SACS] upgrade.
- Can scout more effectively with the [PNEUMATIZED CARAPACE] speed upgrade.
- Can excrete creep in order to increase the Zerg army movement speed on the battlefield and to inhibit non-Zerg races from building structures.
- Able to evolve into Overseer detection units.
- Effective but slow scout unit.
- Pneumatized Carapace: Increase speed of the Overlord by 1.4 and the Overseer by 0.875.
- Ventral Sacs: The Overlord can transport units.
- The most basic Terran unit, the Marine, is more than sufficient to take down Overlords, especially when used in groups.
- Sensor towers increase the range at which Terran players will be able to spot incoming Overlords, to intercept and destroy them before they reach key locations.
- Missile Towers make short work of eavesdropping Overlords.
- Queens at your base can take down Overlords, while patrolling groups of Hydralisks deal enough damage to eliminate them before they can learn about your base defenses or production.
- Placing Spore Crawler buildings at the edges of your bases can limit the amount of intelligence an Overlord is able to gather before it has to flee or be destroyed.
- Most anti-air defenses are effective at defeating Overlords – Stalkers and static Photon Cannons are sufficient to eliminate nearly any size scouting group quickly.
- Small Phoenix fleets make great Overlord hunters.