Pound Sterling Pricing Changes on Certain WoW Services

Community
We will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling prices of some of the optional services we offer for World of Warcraft. We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

The new prices will take effect on April 30. You can see a breakdown of the changes below:

Name Change .................................................... Current Price: £6 | New Price: £7
Pets ....................................................... Current Price: £9 | New Price: No change
Helms ................................................... Current Price: £10 | New Price: No change
Appearance Change ...................................... Current Price: £12 | New Price: £13
Guild Name Change ....................................... Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Character Transfer ........................................ Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Race Change ................................................. Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Mounts ................................................ Current Price: £17 | New Price: No change
Faction Change ............................................. Current Price: £20 | New Price: £22
Guild Transfer ..................................... Current Price: £25 | New Price: No change
Guild Faction Change ......................... Current Price: £30 | New Price: No change
Level 90 Character Boost .................... Current Price: £40 | New Price: No change
Guild Transfer and Faction Change .... Current Price: £50 | New Price: No change
Edited by Takralus on 23/04/2014 10:31 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
But I thought pound sterling was a strong currency these days :(

Edit: Though, if you're not desperate for one of these services, you could wait for the 50% sale on character services before WoD hits.. then it's still cheaper that way.
Edited by Gunshoot on 23/04/2014 17:19 BST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
exactly, that's why they need more of it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
lv 90 boost is 50euro now ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
23/04/2014 10:17Posted by Takralus
We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

Best entertainment value you say and by that you mean increase the cost of the service you are offering? that is not the best entertainment value it's called best fraud value! If you want to name the change best entertainment value than reduce the cost of the service not increase the cost of it..
Edited by Mättî on 23/04/2014 16:43 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
How can no change other than increasing somethings price be claimed as "making sure its best entertainment value for cost" that seems almost laughable to read if I am being honest.
Reply Quote
21 Draenei Shaman
Bloody prices they make enough as it is.. although getting mad is not going to help just have to bow down and accept it. Imagine if the vast majority actually stood up and said we are fed up of this !@#$ we could actually change stuff not just in wow but our goverments and all things we think could be done better xD flame away at the insane guy!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I laughed when I read:

"What we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost"

Followed by a 15% increase in prices, nice try. At least be honest and call it what it is, an inflation adjustment that sadly is far above the general inflation in Europe (compared to GB) and thus actually pure greed to please the stockholders.

But trust me, the people in suits at BlizzHQ have made the calculations, the lower amount of sales this price increment will cause far out-weight the 15% extra money they will make on the people who will (by force on dead servers) still buy the services. So who cares about costumer satisfaction, its all about profit, not about having a happy player-base in the eyes of "The Suits".

But hey, I pay in Euros so why should I care :)
Edited by Nelle on 23/04/2014 16:59 BST
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Priest
This is !@#$ing ridiculous. I hate the way you make everything so damn expensive. Look, you have over 8 million subs, why do you need this much money. Your company is fine, you don't need to make the prices even more expensive as it is.

Your marketing skills suck. Here's what you should do; make things cheaper so people would actually buy the %^-*ing changes.

#LOGIC
Reply Quote
Absolutedly flabbergasted by these price increases. Blizzard you never cease to amaze me really.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Are you taking the PISS?!

Best entertainment value?

I am PAYING YOU so that i can play on a dead server the only way out of this hell hole of a server is to PAY YOU to transfer off onto a more populated server or PAY YOU to faction change since YOU WILL NOT FIX THIS DAMN ISSUE!

HOW MUCH GOD DAMN MONEY DO YOU NEED?!

http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-frostmane.html
Edited by Elevin on 23/04/2014 16:50 BST
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Priest
23/04/2014 16:49Posted by Elevin
Are you taking the PISS?!

Best entertainment value?

I am PAYING YOU so that i can play on a dead server the only way out of this hell hole of a server is to PAY YOU to transfer off onto a more populated server or PAY YOU to faction change since YOU WILL NOT FIX THIS DAMN ISSUE!

HOW MUCH GOD DAMN MONEY DO YOU NEED?!

THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Your seriously putting the prices up, really your all ready robbing us all blind with the current prices anyway! how about you half the prices or even make some of them FREE! its shocking we have to pay for some of these services anyway for a SUB game. Even if it is a slight increase the prices all ready are far to high! Ridiculous! I rarely feel this mad about stuff you do even when you release new things to your store that should be included to the game for free also!
Edited by Spirits on 23/04/2014 16:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

The only people benefiting in entertainment from this price hike, is the guys attending blizzs Christmas party.

More alcohol and nibbles for all it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
23/04/2014 16:48Posted by Zenevíeva
Absolutedly flabbergasted by these price increases. Blizzard you never cease to amaze me really.

EDIT: I think they've done this due to many people likely buying changes come WoD due to updated models. Foul play, Blizzard. Foul play.
Edited by Candy on 23/04/2014 16:56 BST
Reply Quote
21 Draenei Shaman
Wouldnt be so bad if they used the money to set up a rehab for the thousands of people who are addicted to ease them off wow and get them back into a working life. now I know not all of you are addicted and alot are and won't admit it. I see people online all the time that barely log off because we loved the game so much it has become an issue. yes it's our faults for getting addicted. but it's the same with drugs it's an escape.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
We will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling prices of some of the optional services we offer for World of Warcraft. We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

Sometimes i just don't the one behind putting words behind these decisions. How in the world would they think up something like this to try and sugarcoat a price increase their extra services?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Been considering whether to resub when this one runs out for a while now, given the frequent latency problems, Zero action to make high pop server playable, non high pop servers being like ghettos, And all of this whilst Blizzard continue to gouge more and more cash from their playerbase, i think my decision has now been made for me....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Tax hasn't gone up, and inflation barely constitutes a price hike considering we are paying a sub for this game + paying for each expansion which is mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Takralus, please explain to us dumb players, how raising the prices gives us the best entertainment value.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]