Suggestion: Guildforum on wow battle.net

85 Human Priest
Hi.

Suggestion to Blizzard; Since you have done a superb job on merging the armory, battle.net and the wow webbsite's, wouldnt the next logical step be a forum for guildmembers under the "guildtab" (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/)
It could even be subscription fee for it.. OR as a guildperk for guilds over a certain lvl.

+ Easy access for blizz forum staf to keep check on what the guilds are up too.
+ Easy for guildmembers to keep check on what the guild is up too... (everything on one site)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Dear Gerome,

why don't you just make a guild website? Some sites make it really easy, fast and free and you'll have a guild site and forum of your own, so you can decide what's on it:)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
We have one allready (for a couple of years) but since i rly like what blizzard done with this forum. I see advantages for both players and blizzard with having all information in one place.

And its not all guilds that have people that know how to manage a webbpage/forum.

the nice part about this is that you can see guildstatus, raid calendar etc.. all in one place!

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I can see what Gerome is saying. There are a lot of guild hosting websites around, but not sure any of them are run or owned by Blizz? They would seem to be the logical choice as they can make it more compatible with the game than anyone.

Maybe this should be in the suggestions forum if there still is one.
Edited by Corsen on 07/12/2010 12:40 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Couldnt find one when i started the thread.

But yea.. Blizz have all the data and it would be perfect to make use of it all.
Edited by Gerome on 07/12/2010 13:19 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Add to that, people usually don't like it if they have to register somewhere to be part of a community. Especially now their login is their email on WoW, they don't really feel like sharing it with a bunch of people they hardly know.
If, however, it would be on this site, people won't have to register for some forum, and if they leave the guild, they don't leave behind a possible login, and won't get any messages from that guild either (some Guilds send out mass-mails as weekly updates, or stuff like that)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have never actually thought about this before, I think this would be absolutely brilliant to do so, you just log-in with your account, pick the character where you're in a guild with, and there you go, a link to the guild forums through battlenet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]