Patch 6.0 Currency Changes

Community
There are several currency changes coming up in patch 6.0, so we want to give you a heads-up about what to expect.

The most notable currency change in patch 6.0 will be the removal of Valor and Justice points from the game—you can see the reason for this change here.

If you’re currently working on the Mists of Pandaria legendary quest chain, don’t worry—the quest Test of Valor will be removed from the game in patch 6.0, but you’ll still be able to progress with the quest line and eventually earn your awesome cloak! Also as a result, item upgrades will no longer cost Valor points, and can be completed using Lesser Charms of Good Fortune instead. On the PTR, each upgrade level currently costs 50 charms, but it’s possible that this value will change.

You will also be able to turn in your Lesser Charms of Good Fortune for Warforged Seals. The restriction on the weekly turn-in quest for Warforged Seals is being removed, so you’ll be able to get as many as you can afford.

Finally, almost everything that is currently purchased with Valor or Justice—such as heirloom items—will be available to purchase with gold. As always with game content on the PTR, any prices you see may end up changing with the actual release of patch 6.0.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
04/09/2014 09:04Posted by Takralus
There are several currency changes coming up in patch 6.0, so we want to give you a heads-up about what to expect.

The most notable currency change in patch 6.0 will be the removal of Valor and Justice points from the game—you can see the reason for this change [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13923582306#4"]here[/url].

If you’re currently working on the Mists of Pandaria legendary quest chain, don’t worry—the quest Test of Valor will be removed from the game in patch 6.0, but you’ll still be able to progress with the quest line and eventually earn your awesome cloak! Also as a result, item upgrades will no longer cost Valor points, and can be completed using [url="http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458"]Lesser Charms of Good Fortune[/url] instead. On the PTR, each upgrade level currently costs 50 charms, but it’s possible that this value will change.

You will also be able to turn in your Lesser Charms of Good Fortune for [url="http://www.wowhead.com/currency=776"]Warforged Seals[/url]. The restriction on the weekly turn-in quest for Warforged Seals is being removed, so you’ll be able to get as many as you can afford.

Finally, almost everything that is currently purchased with Valor or Justice—such as heirloom items—will be available to purchase with gold. As always with game content on the PTR, any prices you see may end up changing with the actual release of patch 6.0.

Fast question, though.

Currency exchange rates? Valor to gold, Justice to silver or?

Like during normal switch over of expansions. Wouldn't make sense to have tons of lesser charms dumped on to you because you were valor capped.

It has been a lingering question among a few forums and threads.
Edited by Wizzleblast on 04/09/2014 09:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
when?? when this ptr happens..?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
04/09/2014 09:52Posted by Элемка
when?? when this ptr happens..?

Well, for live, it is when the cross-over patch happens. Guess on PTR for looks first.

Cross-over is 1 month before release, the minimum
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Currency exchange rates? Valor to gold, Justice to silver ? is it going to be like every expansion or this time we wont get any gold in exchange for the currency ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Could we get a way to get coins if we're not a DPS class having an easy time to farm TI?

I hate farming TI either way but as a healer it's really unbearable. So I have 1 char that has thousands of coins because it was my first char to hit 90 and I farmed the TI for gear with it. And then I have like 6 chars who have between 0 and 150 Coins.

No idea how I'm supposed to get 200 coins a week as a healer (basically the equivalent of valor capping in terms of item upgrades - let alone an additional 50 for 3 warforged seals which is already a pain right now) when my only real option is trying to farm on TI, which, by the time coins are the only source for item upgrades, will probably be so overpopulated that I'll be lucky to get a mob tagged for myself every 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
04/09/2014 11:21Posted by Ironarrow
Currency exchange rates? Valor to gold, Justice to silver ? is it going to be like every expansion or this time we wont get any gold in exchange for the currency ?

Is what I wonder about as well. They haven't announced about that when they announced the removal in the first place, I think.

04/09/2014 11:26Posted by Chevine
Could we get a way to get coins if we're not a DPS class having an easy time to farm TI?

I hate farming TI either way but as a healer it's really unbearable. So I have 1 char that has thousands of coins because it was my first char to hit 90 and I farmed the TI for gear with it. And then I have like 6 chars who have between 0 and 150 Coins.

No idea how I'm supposed to get 200 coins a week as a healer (basically the equivalent of valor capping in terms of item upgrades - let alone an additional 50 for 3 warforged seals which is already a pain right now) when my only real option is trying to farm on TI, which, by the time coins are the only source for item upgrades, will probably be so overpopulated that I'll be lucky to get a mob tagged for myself every 10 minutes.

Able to tag along on rare kills? The 4-5 weekly chests? Else, back to the old dailies. Sadly. Team up and work together with someone?
Edited by Gehco on 04/09/2014 11:56 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Able to tag along on rare kills? The 4-5 weekly chests? Else, back to the old dailies. Sadly. Team up and work together with someone?

The weekly chests give, depending on luck - between 10 and 50 coins. I do that every week to try and get enough for my warforged seals.

Dailies don't exactly shower you in coins, either.

Asking us to farm 250 coins per week to retain the status quo in terms of item upgrades and Seals is a little much in my eyes.

They should add a reward of 10-20 coins (maybe 30 on the first per day or something) for random MoP heroics so we aren't forced into the horrible dailies again and so tanks and healers have a reliable way to get them aswell besides farming elite mobs on TI.

edit: Also I'm not particularly fond of camping the TI for 5 hours to get some rare kills. I know it's doable but camping for rares feels like such a waste of time.
Edited by Chevine on 04/09/2014 12:52 BST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Have you tried pet battling? You can get quite a few coins either doing the pet battle dailies or just leveling some pets up in Pandaria. I can understand if you don't want to or don't like pet battling but just thought I'd mention it as it's an alternative to TI grinding and obviously it doesn't matter what spec you do it in.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
04/09/2014 13:36Posted by Stepal

Have you tried pet battling? You can get quite a few coins either doing the pet battle dailies or just leveling some pets up in Pandaria. I can understand if you don't want to or don't like pet battling but just thought I'd mention it as it's an alternative to TI grinding and obviously it doesn't matter what spec you do it in.

I didn't know that was possible so thanks for the info. But I have no interest in WoW-Pokemon whatsoever. Not a single of my chars has learned pet battling.
Thank you for the info, tho.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Looking forward to these changes tbh. Though it isn't exactly tricky to cap valor these days. Did so in less than an hour yesterday. Just about thinking what quests to hand in and when. I don't have anything to spend timeless coins on so just use them to purchase the valor item and hand in the few quests you get there.

As for the farming of Lesser charms, it isn't difficult if you aren't a dps char. Fine, I'm not a healer, and am certainly not 'squishy' by any stretch of the imagination, but just teaming up with people for an hour or so killing frogs will yield more than enough lesser charms. I personally, don't need to worry about farming them either way, currently sat at 2.5k coins and getting more each week just killing rares on the Isle, so really don't see why people would whinge about such a thing tbh.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Rogue

Make a 5-man group and farm the frogs on Timeless Isle. That way you can get coins and still heal instead of dealing damage.

Personally I'm irritated at Blizzard because I've just recently used all the Timeless Isle coins I had to get valor points. I'd rather save those coins for something else and use my lesser charms as I have more than I can spend of those. Sigh...
Edited by Mikaylee on 04/09/2014 14:29 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
04/09/2014 14:01Posted by Kandrós
As for the farming of Lesser charms, it isn't difficult if you aren't a dps char. Fine, I'm not a healer, and am certainly not 'squishy' by any stretch of the imagination, but just teaming up with people for an hour or so killing frogs will yield more than enough lesser charms. I personally, don't need to worry about farming them either way, currently sat at 2.5k coins and getting more each week just killing rares on the Isle, so really don't see why people would whinge about such a thing tbh.

Because, god forbid, I don't enjoy mindlessly farming random mobs for hours.

And being dependant on other people for such a mundane thing as farming for what is basically valor points is - coupled with the first point I mentioned - not exactly something I'd be looking forward to.

If brainlessly farming mobs for hours (most of the time probably competing with other people with the same goal - especially when it's the only way to cap what is essentially valor points) is fun to you go ahead and do it. I'd rather do dungeons, raids or PvP than being forced into mega mundane tasks. (edit: I'm fully aware that dungeons in their current iteration are pretty boring aswell but they're still more entertaining than healing a dude that's killing the same frog over and over for 2 hours)
Edited by Chevine on 04/09/2014 14:49 BST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Looks like WoD will be an expansion for the rich with everything costing gold and profs being next to useless.

Guess I'll have to see what the prices will be, but knowing Blizzard's love for gold sinks I fear the worst...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I never said it was the best damn thing in the world, I said it was easy enough to be able to do. Just because you don't find it enjoyable does not a special snowflake make, and therefore do not expect and/or assume they will figure out some amazing new way catered specifically for your wants and needs.

There are multiple ways to get the damn charms, group up with some guildies or friends and just get the hell on with it now and stock pile some if it is that much of a thing for you.

As I said, I don't need to do this !@#$, as I have 2.5k+ already just sat there not doing bugger all. Minimal effort was required to gather that much, just do it whilst queuing for lfr or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/09/2014 09:04Posted by Takralus
On the PTR, each upgrade level currently costs 50 charms

Considering 50 charms is currently also the price for 3x Warforged Seals, I find it quite a lot for a +4 item level upgrade on one piece.

I would tone the price down a bit. ~30 seems more appropriate. After all, +4 item levels on a single piece is a relatively small upgrade. Keep in mind, it's still just one upgrade. Upgrading one item fully, would still cost 120x charms.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
this is a bad idea!!!!!!!! now all the rich people with lots of gold will be able to get some of the best gear in the game as soon as they hit level 100!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
04/09/2014 17:26Posted by Kandrós
Just because you don't find it enjoyable does not a special snowflake make

specifically for your wants and needs.

Is there a specific reason for your agressive tone?
If you don't think my concern is warranted you can just ignore my posts.

Blizzard has specifically stated that it was a bad idea to force everyone into doing dailies at the beginning of the expansion and at the end of the expansion they suddenly think it's cool to force everyone into doing dailies or endlessly grinding mobs on a soon to be overpopulated island?
Sounds more like a hefty oversight to me so I raise my concern in the hope it gets heard and they give additional ways to get the damn coins.

Would that be so problematic to you if there were more ways to get the charms? Is it really so bothersome to you that some random guy on the internet thinks there should be ways beside TI grind and Dailies to aquire coins that you feel the immediate need to tell me that I should shut up about it, stop my whining and be happy with grinding timeless isle - especially since it's not even a concern to you anymore as you already have some 2 million coins up your behind?

REALLY?
Edited by Chevine on 04/09/2014 20:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/09/2014 20:23Posted by Chevine
Would that be so problematic to you if there were more ways to get the charms?

Another alternative is not necessarily a bad thing.

But you are making it harder for yourself, by refusing the options you have today.
Edited by Rayzan on 04/09/2014 21:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
04/09/2014 20:23Posted by Chevine
Would that be so problematic to you if there were more ways to get the charms?

Another alternative is not necessarily a bad thing.

But you are making it harder for yourself, by refusing the options you have today.

The only thing I am actually and verifiably doing is asking Blizzard to rethink forcing people who have all expansion long happily farmed heroic dungeons, done dailies, raids or scenarios or the timeless isle (the TI coins to valor conversion item is still there, right?) to all do dailies and timeless isle farming to accomplish the exact same thing.

They heavily reduce everyone's options to get what they need to upgrade their items and on top of that use the same currency for it that is used for warforged seals. On top of that the Timeless isle will get flooded with people trying to upgrade their gear and get the seals. This is a problem as the Timeless isle doesn't really lend itself to the entire server farming there. Usually you see some 20-100 people there (depending on your server pop). Now a lot more people will have an interest in farming there at any given time. The place will be horribly crowded and everyone will be fighting for all kinds of mobs just to get coins. (or people will be so pissed off by this that they won't bother farming them at all which is still terrible design)

It's simply not a good move by Blizz and all I am doing is asking Blizzard to consider adding more ways to acquire the coins if they want to put such a heavy use-focus on them all of a sudden.

Why in god's name people jump on me telling me I should be happy with what I got and stop trying to ask Blizzard to improve the game is absolutely beyond me. That kind of weird stuff really only happens on the internet.
Edited by Chevine on 04/09/2014 22:02 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]