Avenger's Shield - is it "smart" targeting ability?

85 Tauren Paladin
Hello,
It has struck me on yesterday's Throne of Tides run with my shaman:
On those packs with 2 healer mobs, we had mage sheep one, me hex the other, and paladin tank pulling the pack, with I think Avenger's Shield, without breaking the CC.
So, is AS "smart", as in, ignoring CC'd mobs, or at least taking not-CC'd ones over them, or was he just lucky? If it's the latter, how would -you- pull those packs? (or any pack, without breaking the CC on some mobs in it)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Since patch 2.4 AS will not hit secondary targets that are under CC that break on taking damage. (Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.4)

Before that there were two ways to handle it. The first alternative was to throw AS first and have the dps CC the mobs while they were hit with daze. This however didn't work with sap (doesn't work once mobs are in combat), so instead you sapped a mob at one end of the group and threw the shield on the other end. The travel path of the shield is deterministic, going to the nearest mob. The big disadvantage with this was that you couldn't sap a mob in the middle of a group.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Or...

CC the first mob left and the one next to him, leaving 3. Then... hit the furtherst right....
and like magic the shield hits the 3 you need, as if by magic the pull you always wanted!

++ - - -

CC, super shield kapow

Anyway that's the way I've been doing it.
Edited by Montréal on 15/12/2010 14:06 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Cool, thanks. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]