Different casting times

90 Undead Mage
Few days ago I noticed this weird bug I got with talent specs, for some reason I got 0,1 sec faster casting time in spells when using secondary talent spec compared to primary talent spec.
Same gear, same amount of haste, almost same talents (shouldn't be any talents that would reduce casting time on secondary spec) and almost same glyphs

Pics to prove this
Primary Talents: http://img255.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot121610191947.jpg/ 2,21 casting time on Fireball
Secondary Talents: http://img251.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot121610192027.jpg/ 2,11 casting time on Fireball

Anyone else with same kind of problem?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Did you take the screenshot whit more then one target taking fire damage? Because the only haste talent that differs the 2 specs is the point in Pytomaniac(never played horde so I don’t know if there is a dummy behind the menus)

Sorry if it’s a stupid proposition but it’s the only thing I can come up with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Nope I wasn't attacking anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Sorry about bumbing this thread but has anyone else tried with speccing both trees to fire and seen any difference?

I still got 0,1 sec difference at casting times even after respeccing and it really does affect to dps in heroics
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Sorry for a bump but I still got got a 0,1/0,11 difference on my specs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is just soo stupid in a secondary spec (pvp) I got a 2,12 casting time on fireball while I got 2.23 casting time on primary spec (pve). same gear. almost same spec and same gear..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
This is indeed most odd. Maybe improved counterspell gives you some passive haste?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
23/12/2010 12:25 AMPosted by Coin
This is just soo stupid in a secondary spec (pvp) I got a 2,12 casting time on fireball while I got 2.23 casting time on primary spec (pve). same gear. almost same spec and same gear..

I still think its the point in Pytomaniac, if you take 2,23/2,12=1,05 a 5% difference and thats just what the tool tip tells you a 5% hast increases. So it might be a bug giving you this "buff" al the time or you have 3 or more targets taking fire damage when taking the screen-shot (witch you earlier said you did not have).
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
23/12/2010 6:51 AMPosted by Anett
This is indeed most odd. Maybe improved counterspell gives you some passive haste?

If that's the case then someone need to upgrade the tool-tip(and i need to get 2/2 in it :) ). CS has nothing to do with haste
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
18/12/2010 7:17 PMPosted by Coin
Sorry about bumbing this thread but has anyone else tried with speccing both trees to fire and seen any difference?

Did try it and the result: Primary 2,38 and secondary 2,27.

Then i tried to same talents - the points in CS just to be sure the rogue did not have the solution al along. But she didn't ;)

So in some strange way the secondary spec gives you a shorter casting time or we are both missing something. But its still the 5% difference so I still believe its the Pytomaniac point is buged but only in the secondary tree it seems.

Edit:
Ok it MUST be a bug of the Pytomaniac talent becuse if i get exactly the same talents in my secondary tree then its the same casting time, but if i drop one point in Pytomaniac and only get 1/2 then the casting time drops to 2,27
Edited by Limnoch on 27/12/2010 17:39 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Made a post in the bug report thread so hopefully we will get an answer. But a quick search on google gave shows me that we are not the first ones to find it :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]