why can't i fly in ghostlands?

65 Human Rogue
well, i'm trying to get over to eversong woods on an alliance char, but it won't let me fly in ghostlands to get there even though i have flight master's licence. can someone explain why?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Cause Ghostlands is not Azeroth, it is Outland, and when Outland got released, we still couldn't fly there.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
No Ghostlands is Azeroth...

To the OP: For what ever reason Blizz have decided that that section of the world is unflyable still as far as I'm aware they've not given a reason for this.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
I have tried Azuremyst Isles. I cannot fly there either.

Technically Azuremyst Isles and Quel'Thalas are Outland. The same content server I guess.

According to the lore they are part of Azeroth as Jellybean says.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
No, Azeroth is NORMAL WoW.
Ghostlands is part of WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE BURNING CRUSADE
Cataclysm changed Azeroth, not The Burning Crusade.
Since Ghostlands is part of The Burning Crusade, and was unflyable back when, it will remain unflyable now as it is not part of NORMAL WoW, which was the part that got changed for ever along with Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
20/12/2010 9:31 PMPosted by Msdoubtfull
No, Azeroth is NORMAL WoW.
Ghostlands is part of WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE BURNING CRUSADE
Cataclysm changed Azeroth, not The Burning Crusade.
Since Ghostlands is part of The Burning Crusade, and was unflyable back when, it will remain unflyable now as it is not part of NORMAL WoW, which was the part that got changed for ever along with Cataclysm.

They are part of TBC but they're still in Azeroth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9915/azeroth.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Yes they do.

Unless *YOU* have access to the source code, you're in no position to tell us what's a technicality and how easy it would have been to implement.

Also, why are you not banned yet?
Edited by Kaaterina on 20/12/2010 22:22 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Really? Well, back in Warcraft I and II, "Azeroth" was ONLY the hemi-continent south of the Thandol Span. By this definition, you can fly in all Azeroth.

Regardless, who cares about 4 low level areas, and 1 ganking level 70 hub that are deserted anyway.

They said they considered it, but they chose not to do it.

Bait and switch my butt.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
20/12/2010 10:31 PMPosted by Kaaterina
Really? Well, back in Warcraft I and II, "Azeroth" was ONLY the hemi-continent south of the Thandol Span. By this definition, you can fly in all Azeroth.

The planet is called Azeroth.

20/12/2010 10:31 PMPosted by Kaaterina
Regardless, who cares about 4 low level areas, and 1 ganking level 70 hub that are deserted anyway.

I care.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kaat, whats with all agressiveness?
From the research i have done looking around forums and in game experiments, You are unable to fly within TBC areas of azeroth (Azuremist, Bloodmist, Eversong, Ghostlands).
I have not found a offical post by blizzard explaining this.
And Kaat, who cares about low lvl areas? I do because i am currently trying to find specific classrace combos for the xmas meta, its nice not to harrased by guards forcing your pvp on.
Rheagan i completly agree this is a oversite from blizz that they have no real excuse for, and possibly a souce for advertising complaints, although Eversong and Ghostlands are on seporate servers to Eastern Kingdoms (part of azeroth) http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9915/azeroth.jpg says it all
hugs and kisses
shatter
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
20/12/2010 10:22 PMPosted by Kaaterina
Yes they do.

Unless *YOU* have access to the source code, you're in no position to tell us what's a technicality and how easy it would have been to implement.

Lol. You don't need to know the source code to realize that certain zones can allow certain flying. Wintergrasp shows that you can even toggle it. The fact you can't fly there is strange: its part of Azeroth (see in-game map, Northrend is part of it too) and should for that reason be flyable.
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Hunter
Obviously it's because it was part of the Burning Crusade expansion and has been on the "Outland" instance and not Eastern Kingdoms so moving it from Outland instance to Eastern Kingdoms would require lot's of work and tweaking of Eastern Plaguelands hell it would even overlap the current Stratholme.
Reply Quote
33 Night Elf Druid
Azeroth

Wiki...Azeroth has three known continents, named the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Northrend, separated by the Great Sea. Two major islands also reside in the Great Sea: Kezan, land of the Goblins, and Zandalar, birthplace of the Troll civilization. In the center of the Great Sea is an enormous, everlasting vortex called the "Maelstrom" beneath which lies the aquatic city of Nazjatar, home of the amphibious Naga.

You can fly where the expansion relates. In the expansion TBC the new areas created limited flight in certain locations. You will note that when you enter these areas you go through a game portal into the TBC expansion. So at that point you then comply with the rules of that expansion. Until such a time as Blizzard change the structure of that expansion you will always return to the world of TBC. Pretty obvious really and I am surprised you expect anything different.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
20/12/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Shattertooth
Rheagan i completly agree this is a oversite from blizz that they have no real excuse for, and possibly a souce for advertising complaints,

It has been advertised as:

"Flying Mounts in Azeroth
Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before. "

It isn't explicitly saying that flying mounts are available in every single part of Azeroth so I'd like to see someone fight that out with Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
All this "Oh it's TBC not Vanilla" nonsense needs to stop. You can fly in Outlands can't you? Geez. It's simply laziness on Blizzard's behalf.
Reply Quote
33 Night Elf Druid
But you never have been able to fly on the Isle of Quel'Danas and that is part of the TBC expansion so why can't you see it is about TBC expansion and not Cata. When they update TBC they no doubt may also change the flying.

PS: The zones are so small and filled with the lowest of levels. Honestly, stop being so utterly lazy and use one of those super fast land mounts you have. Is that such a hardship.
Edited by Ochunii on 20/12/2010 23:25 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]