is there a soft cap in haste?

85 Worgen Death Knight
well basically topic says it all... i wonder because i want to know if i can reach a soft cap in haste so i can focus then on mastery for some bigger Frost Strike hits. So anyone knows?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
what are reffering to,dual or 2handed,cause haste for dual sux while 2h is good?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
if i were you, i wouldnt even think about haste softcap until you reach 30ish% haste which, if you are in pvp gear like you are right now, wont happen anytime soon, if ever.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Well im going 2hand Frost PvP. reasons im asking is because although i noticed some faster Rune Generation leading to More NS-HBs my Frost Strike damage fell a bit when i reforged my gear from mastery to haste so i wonder if there is a soft cap where rune regeneation would be haste would be not the beneficial and i should go at that point for haste. and @ Almara 30% haste seems imposible atm in pvp gear as you said.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
ok....I never ever got this (might be me sucking in math)

I know there the hitcap for Hit, but what are the others? I mean for me as a frost DK what is the recommended Haste, Expertise and Mastery.
Someone in my guild said that I can never have enough haste...but is that really so?

Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
If you reach a point where you can't use your runes as fast as you're getting them, haste becomes undesireable. Otherwise, it remains desireable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Mastery gives more burst damage.

Haste gives more sustained/overall damage.

Use your brain and think about which stat is more useful for what type of combat.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

I know there the hitcap for Hit, but what are the others? I mean for me as a frost DK what is the recommended Haste, Expertise and Mastery.
Someone in my guild said that I can never have enough haste...but is that really so?

Every dps class has a lot of different stats that will increase your dps. For us, there's strenght, hit, expertise, haste, mastery, and crit (ok and agility but just forget that).

Strength is king; one point in strenght will give you many times the dps gain you will get from one point in any of the other stats.

After strenght, the most dps gained will come from hit-to-cap, then expertise-to-cap, then haste, then mastery, then crit. Hit & expertise OVER cap do almost nothing.

Hit & expertise have caps. When you're hitting a boss, some of your attacks will miss, and some of your attacks will be parried or dodged. Hit rating lowers the chance of an attack missing, expertise rating lowers the chance for your attack to be parried or dodged. At a certain amount of points, none of your attacks will ever miss, and none of your attacks will be dodged or parried (provided you're standing BEHIND the boss; when standing in front you'll still have 10% of your attacks parried). The amount of points required to reach this state of never missing or being dodged/parried, are the caps.

For a frost dw dk you'd want
601 points hit rating (= 8%)
781 expertise rating (=26/26)

Haste doesn't cap; the more haste you have the better.

Mastery works per 0.5%. 0.5% Mastery = 90 mastery rating = 1% increased frost dmg. So this means mastery rating is only usefull per multitude of 90. If you have 900 points of mastery rating you'll gain 5% mastery (= 10% increased frost dmg), if you have 989 points of mastery you'll still only gain 5% mastery (=10% increased frost dmg), as soon as you get 990 points it goes up to 5.5% (=11% increased frost dmg).

Crit sux.
Edited by Khiala on 10/08/2011 15:46 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
@Khalia

Thanks for going through all this trouble...it was really helpful...on the the reforge mobile..

XD

Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
Do not get me wrong there but you are a pvp player so you're soft cap is far from you're reach. Only pve players can get the soft cap for haste, even now we can not reach it but we are not far from it with t12hc gear we are just as close as we can get so hopefully in next tier as a pve haste soft cap should be in our reach while for pvp well..... I do not know.

Just stick to strength>haste>mastery or strength>master>haste
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight

Every dps class has a lot of different stats that will increase your dps. For us, there's strenght, hit, expertise, haste, mastery, and crit (ok and agility but just forget that).

Strength is king; one point in strenght will give you many times the dps gain you will get from one point in any of the other stats.

After strenght, the most dps gained will come from hit-to-cap, then expertise-to-cap, then haste, then mastery, then crit. Hit & expertise OVER cap do almost nothing.

Hit & expertise have caps. When you're hitting a boss, some of your attacks will miss, and some of your attacks will be parried or dodged. Hit rating lowers the chance of an attack missing, expertise rating lowers the chance for your attack to be parried or dodged. At a certain amount of points, none of your attacks will ever miss, and none of your attacks will be dodged or parried (provided you're standing BEHIND the boss; when standing in front you'll still have 10% of your attacks parried). The amount of points required to reach this state of never missing or being dodged/parried, are the caps.

For a frost dw dk you'd want
601 points hit rating (= 8%)
781 expertise rating (=26/26)

Haste doesn't cap; the more haste you have the better.

Mastery works per 0.5%. 0.5% Mastery = 90 mastery rating = 1% increased frost dmg. So this means mastery rating is only usefull per multitude of 90. If you have 900 points of mastery rating you'll gain 5% mastery (= 10% increased frost dmg), if you have 989 points of mastery you'll still only gain 5% mastery (=10% increased frost dmg), as soon as you get 990 points it goes up to 5.5% (=11% increased frost dmg).

Crit sux.

I'm afraid you're a bit off here. For PvE, that information is very correct. Original Poster was going for 2H PvP, so if nothing magical happens, he won't face any opponents of higher level than 85. This means that the caps are way lower :) Just look at the mouseover tooltip in the character window to find out how much you need.

But speaking of Haste/mastery. I'd say that in pvp a few HB's and a big FS is better to get than a steady stream of smaller numbers. Amirite?

/Kreo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I wouldn't worry too much about a soft haste cap yet. Current gear doesn't really allow to reach it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
i think the haste cap would be when u have so many runes coming that u cant even use them all... so probably wont be obtainable for a while i mean ud need what? 60% from haste rating for that but then u could probably just end up pressing the howling blast button as ur entire rotation if u get that much haste somehow...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]