Global + AddOn Errors.

90 Goblin Priest
Hi there,

Okay, so this is really beginning to aggravate me.

With any AddOn I install, there's always errors.

Such as, just now, I attempted to set a Focus target, I got these three:

Date: 2010-12-18 01:28:54
ID: 1
Error occured in: AddOn: oUF
Count: 1
Message: Error: AddOn oUF attempted to call a forbidden function (FocusUnit()) from a tainted execution path.
Debug:
[C]: FocusUnit()
..\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:1439: func()
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:636: UIDropDownMenuButton_OnClick()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1

Date: 2010-12-17 23:58:44
ID: -1
Error occured in: AddOn: oUF
Count: 3
Message: Error: AddOn oUF attempted to call a forbidden function (FocusUnit()) from a tainted execution path.
Debug:
[C]: FocusUnit()
..\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:1439: func()
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:636: UIDropDownMenuButton_OnClick()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:

Date: 2010-12-17 23:14:09
ID: -2
Error occured in: Global
Count: 91
Message: ..\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\SimpleSticky.lua line 179:
attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'xB' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Bartender4\libs\SimpleSticky.lua:179: SnapFrame()
Bartender4\libs\SimpleSticky.lua:140:
Bartender4\libs\SimpleSticky.lua:126.

Some days, I can't set focus, others I can't hit skills with or without keybindings, I can't use Pitbull anymore as when I do, the party frames wont work due to yet another error.

I used the repair utility, deleted my Cache and WTF files and reinstalled the game to no avail.

Could anyone suggest what to do?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Paladin
There have been a lot of recent changes to WoW and addon authors are trying to keep up. Keep in mind they also pay for the game and want to play it, so they can't spend every waking hour fixing a broken addon.

When browsing addons, it's best to use only the addons that explicitly state that they work with 4.0 and higher on their information page. Or, I dare say, get used to using the default UI.

Also, there have been problems with setting a focus for a very long time now. You can keybind a button to focus your target, or you can also type /focus with someone targeted to set them as your focus. The method of right clicking on your target and choosing "Focus" typically won't work with unit frame addons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Setting focus through the right click menu is impossible atm with third party unit frames. Other than that, if there are errors, the addons has bugs. Update the erroring addons first and foremost, then contact the author if that doesn't help.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Ohh, I see.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I had corrupt files in the WoW Database or something.

I'll just be patient and wait then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]