[PVP] MM Hunter Guide - All You Need To Know!

85 Night Elf Hunter
Sorry Domin, If you can prove me wrong on Spell Pen being the best cloak enchant please do, you're the first one to say this.
Edited by Leryssah on 24/12/2010 00:19 GMT
Reply Quote
that doesn't make us horrible tho.

we are horrible as @!!% in arenas
stop try to be cool and just get it in your head

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
24/12/2010 12:04 AMPosted by Wollf

I'm running PHD at 80% W/L ratio and I don't see the big problem in arenas, sorry. Stop playing s8 style and start peeling more for your partner and kills will happen when you connect on the target.

If you think i'm trying to be cool by helping the hunter community out, then I have nothing to say... Quite sad when people are so unthankful since I spent quite some effort writing this guide.
Edited by Leryssah on 24/12/2010 00:09 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
23/12/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Beatprovider
Thx alot for the guide! It made me realise that Hunters are not "completely" wrecked.

well they are actually.. something that hits over 10k every 9 sec isnt exactly burst..
hunters have the lowest dmg of all classes. and tbh Marksman spec is the worst of the three.

maybe for 3vs3 where hunters are carried by warriors/dks but not in 2vs2 where they either nuke ur healer while their healer runs around a pillar or they just nuke the hunter since they cant do dps after their cooldowns run out. In cataclysm u get stunlocked by warriors who now have 3! gap closers + stun + rootstring.

with resilience on the increase the fate of the hunter class is sealed. Our dmg will only go down.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
24/12/2010 12:07 AMPosted by Leryssah

I'm running PHD at 80% W/L ratio and I don't see the big problem in arenas, sorry. Stop playing s8 style and start peeling more for your partner and kills will happen when you connect on the target.

If you think i'm trying to be cool by helping the hunter community out, then I have nothing to say... Quite sad when people are so unthankful since I spent quite some effort writing this guide.

so u get carried by a dk ? that makes hunters fine?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
sa sugi poola proasto. google that.

Hai ca asta-i tare :))
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
You don't seem to have a clue what viable means. I don't get "carried" by a DK, hunter is perfectly viable because of the fact that it can reach high ratings.

Wether you are the one topping damage or not is not what matters. I like the fact that you claim Chimera damage to be so low when I crit 16k on high resilienced targets (~3k) and Arcane Shots critting 8-10k.

Now it's pretty evident you have no clue of what matters and what doesn't matter in arena. 2v2 is a hopeless bracket, even blizzard says that themselves.

3v3 is what matters atm and with certain comps we can reach the higher ratings. All I can see is a bunch of people that seem to be upset over the fact that our Chimera Shot no longer removes 30% of our opponents HP pool.

I create opportunities for my DK to train his target by interrupting the enemy CCer, once the necrotic strikes are stacked up it's pretty much game over, pop Rapid Fire, Roar of Recovery and start nuking.

If you really think our damage is low I invite you to come watch me dps high resilienced targets tomorrow and you will notice that you are wrong about the current state of hunter damage.
Edited by Leryssah on 24/12/2010 12:52 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Leryssah, I would also be happier if I toyed with the bug and got double conquest points to afford the bow, in order to deal more damage. And if I was alliance to get instant queues, to have a chance to be in line with alliance's gear level.

And still, those 10-12k crits are hard to believe. But I do not know, I don't have that weapon yet.

Yes, I would like to see how your damage looks like on non-imbecile geared people, as I currently have lost my faith in the hunter class seeing the damage I deal as MM in PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
24/12/2010 1:34 AMPosted by Existenta
Leryssah, I would also be happier if I toyed with the bug and got double conquest points to afford the bow, in order to deal more damage. And if I was alliance to get instant queues, to have a chance to be in line with alliance's gear level.

And still, those 10-12k crits are hard to believe. But I do not know, I don't have that weapon yet.

Yes, I would like to see how your damage looks like on non-imbecile geared people, as I currently have lost my faith in the hunter class seeing the damage I deal as MM in PvP.

Yes oh yes, i'm such an exploiter.

The only thing I am guilty of is sitting up at 3 AM during holidays having fun with my friends, i'm so sorry we stumbled across the fact that our Conquest Point cap got raised and reset, I was silly enough to actually play 5 arenas for the bow too!

Next time I shall make sure that I see into the future instead so I can quickly stop queing for those arenas to get my weapon, so I instead keep my gear on even ground with other people who could see into the future and quickly notice that the next day, after maintenance, the rating would be lowered to 1500 and conquest cap to 1343! Silly me!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I would be very happy if people could stop posting off-topic so this thread actually has a chance to get stickied so more hunters may see that this class is not completely lost. The nay-sayers are free to keep quiet, or take the advice and actaully notice that it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not lost, just very behind.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
24/12/2010 1:30 AMPosted by Leryssah
You don't seem to have a clue what viable means. I don't get "carried" by a DK, hunter is perfectly viable because of the fact that it can reach high ratings.

Wether you are the one topping damage or not is not what matters. I like the fact that you claim Chimera damage to be so low when I crit 16k on high resilienced targets (~3k) and Arcane Shots critting 10-12k.

Now it's pretty evident you have no clue of what matters and what doesn't matter in arena. 2v2 is a hopeless bracket, even blizzard says that themselves.

3v3 is what matters atm and with certain comps we can reach the higher ratings. All I can see is a bunch of people that seem to be upset over the fact that our Chimera Shot no longer removes 30% of our opponents HP pool.

I create opportunities for my DK to train his target by interrupting the enemy CCer, once the necrotic strikes are stacked up it's pretty much game over, pop Rapid Fire, Roar of Recovery and start nuking.

If you really think our damage is low I invite you to come watch me dps high resilienced targets tomorrow and you will notice that you are wrong about the current state of hunter damage.

I respect you and all , but basicly you are saying that the entire MM tree of hunters ( if not the class) relies around a 3 min CD on the shoulder of another class that has to do all the job , wich makes you carried , try to think if you were replaced by a mage or a lock what would happen .
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
try to think if you were replaced by a mage or a lock what would happen .

Exactly. This guide may be raising your hopes, but just to make you understand that hunter is playable, but not that people will choose hunter over another character.
Reply Quote
Sweet stuff :) Thanks mate.
Reply Quote
13 Blood Elf Paladin
You still wrote a fantastic guide!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Thank you! no doubt it helped me to sort some things out :-)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Your posts are great, but with some nice movies it would be even BETTER! :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Nice guide, just wanted to contribute a bit:

1. Glyph of Dazzled Pray instead of Chimera is also a solid choice.

2. A Rapid Fire + RoR macro is a good one to have:

#show Rapid Fire
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Roar of Recovery

3. Here's a good macro for Raptor Strike if you have it glyphed:

#showtooltip Raptor Strike
/console targetNearestDistance 5
/targetenemy [nodead, harm]
/cast Raptor Strike
/targetlasttarget
/console targetNearestDistance 41

What it does is it uses RS on your nearest target without targetting it and without losing your current target. Needless to say, it's awesome.

4. Piercing Shots is, imo, an awful talent to have for PvP. They should consider changing it from over-time to instant damage :-/

5. As for always opening with Serpent Sting, I wouldn't always open with that, especially if you know that the fight will not end good without some long-term CC, so at some point you might want to Freezing Trap. It's definitely good to use when you're Freezing Trap is on CD.
Edited by Névian on 24/12/2010 09:11 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Stiky pls!

Will bump often.. it's a good thread.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
It's a good guide. You're missing out on a few minor details and a couple of things are personal preference, that you've stated as facts, but even eyed with a critical eye, you've done a superb job!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]