Low Downloadspeed

85 Human Paladin
Hey guys, I have a question:

My downloadspeed by downloading patches is only about ~50KB/s, and i wanted to know if that's normal? It seems a little bit slow to me doesn't it? :O
Maybe there are some methods to get the Downloadspeed a little bit faster?

Regards
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you're using windows vista or 7:

Control panel -> windows firewall -> allow a program access through the firewall -> checkmark allow changes -> checkmark everything with "blizzard" in it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I use Windows XP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Do you use a firewall or antivirus program that might be blocking the launcher? Norton especially is notorious for doing just that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah, I use Norton, but I think I opened all Ports, which are recommended by the blizzard team, on one of the Download-page
Reply Quote
how far away are you from the local internet hub (internet exchange) (its usualy in the nearest big town near you) and have the phone lines in your area been upgraded or are you still useing the ones you had when dial up was the big thing

me im miles away from the local internet hub
my internet also uses the old phone lines that have not been upgraded and are not suited for high speed data transfer so my download and upload speed sucks big time
Edited by Tawtute on 17/12/2010 21:43 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think I'm not far away from the center (hub)
and my phone lines are upgraded, I think.
Reply Quote
17/12/2010 9:43 PMPosted by Anazar
I think I'm not far away from the center (hub)
and my phone lines are upgraded, I think.

might be a good idea to ask your isp i dont realy know if you can check on any websites i just droped into a verigin media shop when i was shopping and asked if they can guarantee a better download/upload speed after looking up my area on some database i guess they have he told me the hub is in (name of town) and your phone lines have not been upgraded so no they cannot guarantee anything better
Reply Quote
Customer Service
You didn't specify your internet connection's theoretical speed, but I will presume it should be substantially faster than this.

Make sure you have all the ports correctly forwarded in your router: TCP 3724, 1119, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114 and 6881 to 6999

Port forwarding instructions for many routers can be found on the following third party website: http://www.portforward.com/

Try toggling the peer-to-peer functionality on or off in Launcher as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]