Greyed out Grant a level

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
Sorry if i misunderstand the rules or how raf works but I just recruited my friend and he got to level 4 with me, and i wanted to see the grant a level thing so I went and reloged onto my 56 warrior and I invited my m8 into a group which i recruited and I told him to grant me a level (we were right next to eachother) but when he tried to do so the grant a level button was grey so i decided to make a fresh character level 1 and summoned my m8 to my fresh char and my m8 was able to grant me a level. So can someone tell me why my m8 isnt able to Grant a level to my 56 warrior.
85 Tauren Paladin
As stated in the FAQ, the character that grants the level must be higher level than the character receiving the level.
90 Pandaren Mage
As Fisker says... Your friend will be able to grant one level per two they gain, but only to a lower level toon that you have.

In effect, if they get to 60 (where it stops) they can get one of your level 1 toons to 30.
If they then get another char to 60, they can bump the 30 toon /\ up to 59 or 60.
Customer Service
Spot on, Fiskerdin and Griimlock; absolutely right. :)
85 Gnome Warlock
I seem to be having a problem with the raf at the minute. I have been leveling with my boyfriend and we have leveled a few characters together but now he started a new one so I went on to a higher one to grant him levels but it is greyed out. I did level this character with him and I have tried logging out and back in and lots of things people have said but I am still having a problem.
We are stood right next to each other and I recruited him and I am a higher level than him so I don't see what the problem is :( can some one help!?!?!
85 Night Elf Druid
I seem to be having a problem with the raf at the minute. I have been leveling with my boyfriend and we have leveled a few characters together but now he started a new one so I went on to a higher one to grant him levels but it is greyed out. I did level this character with him and I have tried logging out and back in and lots of things people have said but I am still having a problem.
We are stood right next to each other and I recruited him and I am a higher level than him so I don't see what the problem is :( can some one help!?!?!

All RAF abilities are lost once you get past level 60. If you were for example on a level 64 and your boyfriend on a level 30 you can't grant any levels.
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight

All RAF abilities are lost once you get past level 60. If you were for example on a level 64 and your boyfriend on a level 30 you can't grant any levels.

- Truth.

All of your RAF 'abilities' stops to work on your characters that are above level 60.
85 Gnome Warlock
My character is level 23 and my boyfriends is level........ 11 so it should work but it just isn't :(
Is it me? lol
85 Tauren Paladin
My character is level 23 and my boyfriends is level........ 11 so it should work but it just isn't :(
Is it me? lol

You can't grant levels as you are the one who recruited him, it is only the recruiter that can grant levels.
85 Gnome Warlock
Thank you :) that makes sense
it sucks though :P I have leveling gear to level myself >.<
85 Tauren Shaman
i've read like all forums and i finaly understood here that I ( the one that recruited a friend ) CAN'T grand my ( recruited ) friend any levels but he can grant me.
i always tought that i could grand him levels , that would make sense to right?
i've read like all forums and i finaly understood here that I ( the one that recruited a friend ) CAN'T grand my ( recruited ) friend any levels but he can grant me.

not the way it works. as stated above, the person you recruit can grant levels to you. thats the way the system works
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage

Currently the information in this thread is outdated, don't forget that you who Recruited A Friend is made for benefits for you and your friend. Although the grant a levels is only for your friend and not you.

Edit: Gnomified V3 also do not post in very old threads ;c
Edited by Saneko on 29/03/2012 16:40 BST
85 Blood Elf Mage
RAR
Why resurect an old post that isnt valid anymore !

this is taken fro mthe US forum to lazy o findone post from EU side

Even with RAF there's just no way that's anywhere near accurate. Maybe 35 hours. But not 3-5.
Imagine a fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild having this.You're nearly killing the leveling system that you worked to improve on with people that have this.

Yes, imagine it. A fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild has probably seen the leveling experience, a few times. We improved 1-60 for new players, people who haven't played the game or just didn't enjoy the original leveling quests. It wasn't to make people with four 85's slow down to get another alt up. Why should we make them go slower? Getting peoples alts up to max level quicker is what the vast majority of players want.If you don't, don't use RAF, don't use heirlooms, etc. But if you do, we like that there are ways to help you get there quicker.
and this is a blue post even

so after patch 4.2 the raf goes up tp 80 not to 60 so thats why there is no point i nressurecting WAY WAY old posts =)
Edited by Tazara on 29/03/2012 20:39 BST
11 Human Warlock
Hello I've tried everything still won't work
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Monk
29/12/2012 22:23Posted by Zxavo
Hello I've tried everything still won't work

Please don't necro threads that are two years old.. without any description of what your issue is no one can help you. You need to say what you're trying to give levels to, if from the recruit account to the veteran or viceversa, levels, etc.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]