WTFast is it legel

hello,
the thread makes it clear
i just wanted to know if using WTfast is legal or not. i dont wanna get my account band because of continuous IP changes and so.
please reply

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I think it is legal, because it doesn't change your IP all the time, but it re-routes WoW's connection so it is reached faster.
Although I'd say, get in contact with a Support-Member of WTFast and ask them if it is legal since if it wasn't, they would've gotten complaints from WoW-players and had to refund to them.
Reply Quote
well, if I ask 'WTFast support member' they will say it legal as read in the agreements of wow.
but i would like to know if it's legal from a wow GM or someone who have asked them already.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
If it is legal according to the Terms of Agreement it is allowed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think this on the edge. On one hand I think this will cause you no problem, because it acts a bit like a proxy server (just rerouting data). On the other hand this might be not allowed because all the traffic goes through WTFast and it is not allowed to monitor/catch/whatever the data.

A little side note. There are other, free, methods to lower your ping. I don't know which OS you use, but for WinXP and Win7 there are some things in the register you can change to lower your ping.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I don't think they support VPNs, but be careful with them as some of them can very dodgy
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
This again :)

Yes, it's 'legal'. It is within the terms of the TOS/EULA to use a proxy like WTFast.
However, do note that you are pretty much giving them your password. Even worse: You are giving them an ideal man-in-the-middle position, so even an authenticator won't keep your account safe. I'm not saying WTFast steals accounts, but if they want to, they can do it within seconds if you use their service.

Proxies like WTFast are silly, they are unlikely to improve your latency above anything that your ISP can do for you.

~Vaeil
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
24/12/2010 12:02 PMPosted by Gliondir
I think this on the edge. On one hand I think this will cause you no problem, because it acts a bit like a proxy server (just rerouting data). On the other hand this might be not allowed because all the traffic goes through WTFast and it is not allowed to monitor/catch/whatever the data.

A little side note. There are other, free, methods to lower your ping. I don't know which OS you use, but for WinXP and Win7 there are some things in the register you can change to lower your ping.

Could you explain? And anything for Vista?
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

-MIGHT- improve your latency. It's a simple registry edit, nothing drastic, but it can help.

~Vaeil
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Windows XP
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Reduce-PING-or-Latency-in-Multiplayer-Online-Games

Windows 7 (should also work on Vista)
http://lifeandcode.net/2009/05/reduce-game-network-latency-in-windows-7-or-vista/

I'm not sure how to tell what it does exactly, so it's best to just read the articles.
Reply Quote
24/12/2010 12:13 PMPosted by Emphera

this one works fine and it's for xp/vista/win7
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Priest
It's legal but it's against the terms of service to ridirect TCP packets through a tunnel (which is exactly what WTfast does).

Read the terms of service for yourself:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/eula.html

Quote:
"You agree that you shall not ... redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including ... tunneling"It's clear as glass, it's against the terms of service to use tunneling, you can't dispute that.

To get lower latency without breaking the ToS, try this:

The FAQ on that page also covers tunneling servers such as WTfast.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Thanks, it works wonders! From 170-180 latency to a stable 40-50 :)
Reply Quote
I tried this to start with some time back & it sort of helped, but....
Search for :Leatrix Latency Fix on Wowinterface.
It doesn`t touch the game in any form so works & oh my heck, does this ever drop your ms massively.
Mine dropped from 113ms to 32ms.
No passwords, no registering etc, it just alters how Microshaft codes are packaged regarding internot.
Hope it`s of use to you.
Reply Quote
7 Undead Rogue
Leatrix will help make a good connection better, but it will not make a bad connection better (in fact it will likely make it worse). They state this in their own FAQ.

WTFast.com does something completely different than Leatrix. For users that see no benefit from Leatrix, WTFast will probably work. WTFast will help any user that does not already have an optimal connection to the game servers. If your connection is already under 100ms, chances are WTFast will not benefit you. However, in addition to latency reduction, WTFast also helps improve connection stability to reduce lag spikes, disconnections, and also improves performance in raids for most people so you might still see some benefit.

Blizzard has explicitly stated (blue post) that using a proxy is not against the terms of service. Frequently the TOS is quoted by players, but the purpose of this section is to deal with illegal/free WoW servers, not proxy servers used to access legal WoW servers. Hundreds of thousands of WoW gamers use proxy servers from work, from school or troops overseas.

A key issue lately with regards to proxy servers is that if your IP changes when you play WoW, this can create a temporary account lock. This is designed to protect your account from hackers. If a hacker gets onto your account, the IP address changes, immediately locking your account. Pretty simple stuff.

Obviously this is a pain in the butt for users legitimately using proxy servers, so WTFast has an option to "login with my own IP" so this will never be a problem. WTFast can be used without generating account locks.

With regards to the safety/legitimacy of WTFast, it is now over 1 year old, it is a digitally signed application rated as safe by both Norton and McAfee, and it is offered as a download on Fileplanet and Tucows. There are 1000s of WTFast users with plenty of 3rd party feedback, positive survey results showing how WTFast benefits thousands of users, etc. WTFast is free to try out to see if it works for you.

I am the WTFast founder, I posted this message to address the questions/concerns in this thread regarding WTFast.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
From what I gather, this is basically a proxy service.

We do not directly have anything against such services (we have no preference as to which route you take in order to connect to our servers). However, proxies are routinely used to hide the actions of online trading companies and users attempting to use exploitative third party programs. We neither condone nor prohibit the use of proxy services for legitimate purposes, but please always remember that you will do so at your own risk.
Reply Quote
7 Undead Rogue
Yes, this is the reason why we allow WTFast users to "login with their own IP address" - so WTFast users can differentiate themselves from malicious users who use proxies for the purpose of hiding their real IP address.

Proxy users aren't always bad, which is what makes things complicated. For instance, many users will use a proxy while playing from a restrictive network.

But, if "login with my own IP" is selected, WTFast users never have to worry about the hassle of a temporary account lock due to their IP address changing. (because it won't change)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]