Tol Barad is unfair

85 Night Elf Druid
    Dear users

Tol barad is just a fail here, horde must enjoy it all that free honor.
so whats your opinion about this??
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
/signed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tol Barad's design is bad, as it goes like this.

u get a certain amount of time to take over 3 bases. u take down 3 towers to get more time as attackers.

the problem in this design is.

you can take 2 bases as attacker. but the defender will just zerg through 2nd base. while the attackers try to get a 3rd base.

this is happens when a raid has more then 30 people. as attackers you can take over Tol Barad If theres less then 30 people. or even less then 20 people.

so you can only take over a base when people are at sleep on Midnight time.

end of story. you have 2 bases. 3 towers down. and the defenders just zerg. its been like that on alliance as defend. and horde as defend.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Biggest PvP faillure ever from blizzard...

Even when your in the side defending it doesnt feel rewarding, its a complete zerg defend cycle trough 1 of the each bases and you win. The only time i gues you might have a small change of winning is too play very late. By the way on top of that some stupid prot specced hordies who seem too want to make PvP into PvE fest... gtfo and tank instances kkthxbb! If there is something i hate more then being forced too play frost and feral druids/arms warriors its tank specced morons...

Btw LoM i still <3 you hope i still get some pie!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've not done it before but I fully intend to now as a bear druid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Revenge from wintergrasp
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
They just put a hotfix in place that gives attackers 1800 honor instead of 180 if they win. Lets swap sides all the time now eh?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As I said in the various threads that have come up in the PVP section, Tol Barad is bad because which ever faction nick it in the early morning tends to keep it all day since it is impossible to win via attack during the day unless lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Like the gnome said

Tol Barad•Winning as an attacker now rewards players with 1800 Honor Points, up from 180. Winning as a defender still rewards players with 180 Honor Points.

Really blizzard is this how you fix Tol Barad ? -_-

So ok folks lets swap being the attacker and let the attacker win allright!... I have no faith in blizzards PvP team anymore...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Seeing as we're a friendly cohesive realm and most of the people on Horde used to be Alliance, we could probably organise a non-violent resistance naked dancing party in Tol Barad?

Works out to be more honor on average for people who regularly play
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Someone should bump that Wintergrasp post about alliance not being bothered luls
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I approve!

But please do still join if you are defending so maximum number of ppl can join <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
28/12/2010 6:19 AMPosted by Lordofmagic
Revenge from wintergrasp

Payback time :D

Oh wait.. i was alliance before.. w00t :p

28/12/2010 6:54 AMPosted by Benzona
They just put a hotfix in place that gives attackers 1800 honor instead of 180 if they win. Lets swap sides all the time now eh?

Could make a deal, its ours @ 14:00 18:00 and 22:00. :P
Edited by Eléctrica on 28/12/2010 16:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I approve!

But please do still join if you are defending so maximum number of ppl can join <3

sure! i try what i can!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well that didn't take long before Alliance broke the deal that seemed to be rammed down all hordies throats (inc mine) when joining Tol Barad.
Edited by Hulahoops on 28/12/2010 22:59 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Allready told 2 guildies they are bastards and when i was there the game we let the horde win we allready had people QQ'ing about we lost the defence. Some people just dont read forums and i gues horde just got unlucky there :(

There you got it back, happy now ? :P

Wont stay up till 04:30 thats a bit too much for me, so i hope horde will still be nice tomz and alliance less dumb.
Edited by Kely on 29/12/2010 01:02 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Horde Tryed to defend at 04.30 so yeah...
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
but ultimately we won :D i think all the horde that knew about it went to bed and all the noobs came out to play.

Horde took it now at around 12:00 CET

So ally should have it at 2:20 CET Approx :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Meh, i see this 1800 honor change reverted back... within 48hours.

This is kinda ridiculous tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
It is but only blizzard is too blame, myself dont like the concept either but hey free honor.

Anyone not letting the attacking side win is just shootting its own foot esp for horde players since there que time for bg's is really bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]