Rogue - Why is my dps soo low. I think i'm broken :(

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Alrite i'm sick of people giving me a hard time in dungeons with my low dps, yer i know its low and it always has been. I was just starting to improve with Lich King and then Boom! Back at square one since the new expansion.

I'm aware that my gear is mismatched, and i reeli doo need to put in some work. Can anyone advise me to how i can improve by gemming, re-spec, enchant...etc

Please Help me, i want to be a worthy rogue. Below is a link to my armoury

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/findaro/simple

Thanks All
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-assassination_guide_cata/

Seriously, or a very friendlier version would be

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1658707015
85 Gnome Rogue
01/01/2011 4:45 AMPosted by Findaro
Alrite i'm sick of people giving me a hard time in dungeons with my low dps

And they're probably sick of carrying you.

i know its low and it always has been

l2p issue.

I'm aware that my gear is mismatched

then do something about it.

I was just starting to improve with Lich King and then Boom! Back at square one since the new expansion.

rotation is pretty much the same...... especially as assassination.

and i reeli doo need to put in some work

start by matching your gear and reforging it, get the proper talents and so on.

anyways.

first of all, you want to use the specc I'm using (as assassination), this one;
http://wowtal.com/#k=Y3clE92t.a8t.rogue.

I see you're running with two daggers being 1.80 speeded, you want a 1.40 in offhand and 1.8 in mainhand, using Instant Poison on your mainhand and Deadly poison on your 1.40 offhand. Alltho, since you're currently using doubble 1.8, use Deadly in your mainhand and instant offhand.

In red gemslots, you want to gem PURE agility, in yellow slots, you want to gem agility+mastery if the socket bonus provides a bonus more worthy than the pure agility gem.

same for blue socketslots, except that you gem with agility+hit instead of mastery.

Your best stat is agility, followed by special hitcap, followed by poison hitcap, followed by mastery, followed by haste, which is then followed by expertise and crit being your weakest stat (except white hit).

Spell hitcap with 2/3 precision is 1332 hit rating.
Expertise cap isn't needed, however, it's 781 without racial bonuses (i.e, gnomes wielding daggers or one-handed swords)

you want to reforge crit and expertise into haste/mastery/hit depending on what stat you need and what's already on your item.

Hurricane is currently the better weapon-enchant aviable for you in PvE (Landslide is the best, but it's way too expensive to buy for a "normal" epic weapon).

Always open with stealth-garrote to gain Oerkill bonus, garrote which proccs your venomous wounds damage, which provides extra damage and energy regen, keep rupture up aswell.

Slice n dice must have a 100% uptime when fighting.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
First of all, get some glyphs.

Prime Glyphs: Backstab, Mutilate and Rupture
Major Glyphs: Sprint, Fan of Knives ( These are pretty much optional as they don't give much of a DPS increase )

Talents: Respec to this build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIfzsMdoGo0bZbhc

Enchants: You can find some cheap enchanting scrolls on auction house to enchant your gear with, you don't need to enchant it with the best since you are likely to replace your gear soon.

Reforge your gear, crit and expertise is not so great for assassination rogue. Reforge it to hit (you would atleast want spell hit cap for HCs) or mastery, depending on what you need.

And pleeeasseeee switch your Windwalker Blade to mainhand instead of offhand and find a 1.4 speed dagger (One drops from croc boss in Lost City) for offhand.
85 Worgen Rogue
Asckiri: FoK? Seriously? With the huge nerf and totally useless damage of this ability besides stacking Master Poisoner on all targets?

Major glyphs that really add something: Sap (makes your CC last forever), Feint (Makes you take 50% less damage from AoE without costing you energy), Tricks of the Trade (DPS gain - you don't need to use energy to tricks anymore).
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't simply need feint for anything in heroics, in my eyes it's not worth the GCD I would have to use on it. I will use it in raids, but for heroics tricks is good enough.
Less damage taken from AoE.. it's not going to break your healer, if you are spamming feint you are losing dps, longer fights, more mana used by healer. Without targets goes faster down, little more mana used on healing the "extra" damage taken by AoE.

FoK glyph is great for kiting adds where ever it is needed, my guild group for HC is very melee heavy so I often have to kite last boss adds in Blackrock cavern.

And he has the tricks glyph, thats why I did not mention it and yes it is our only major that give us a DPS Gain, so the rest is up to your preference of glyphs, one of them is FoK for me.
01/01/2011 7:50 AMPosted by Asckiri
I don't simply need feint for anything in heroics, in my eyes it's not worth the GCD I would have to use on it. I will use it in raids, but for heroics tricks is good enough.
Less damage taken from AoE.. it's not going to break your healer, if you are spamming feint you are losing dps, longer fights, more mana used by healer. Without targets goes faster down, little more mana used on healing the "extra" damage taken by AoE.

Feint's %50 AOE damage reduction is more to give you space to mess up rather than play nice to the healer to be honest. It gives you the option of sticking to your target more (i.e. if you might want to chose to take some AOE damage and be on the target instead of loosing dps to avoid damage you now have some justification for it).

Also, you don't "spend" a GCD on it, you generally use it when your regenerating energy back up - and it isn't spammable too. Give it a (serious) try - you'd be suprised.
90 Worgen Rogue
A comment to the build Pheq linked.

You could take one in deadly brew rather than deadened nerves.
3%
If you were going to lose 100k hp, you will instead lose 97k hp with that talent.

I find deadly brew a bit more useuful, but it's up to yourself.

http://wowtal.com/#k=Y3clE92t.a8t.rogue.RQDzl2

Update it with glyphs.
You can use the TotT glyph aswell for major, is up to you.

personally I don't cause the energy cost havn't bothered me and it's nice to give bonus damage to others.

minors is free of choice.
Edited by Kumorii on 01/01/2011 11:12 GMT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Character Audit
9 empty glyph slots
12 unenchanted items
2 empty sockets in 1 item
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Enchanting: 2 unenchanted rings

But I wouldn't recommend enchanting iLVL 333, wait until you get 346.
Backstab at 35%

Good luck with drops, spam those heroics
Edited by Kersed on 01/01/2011 12:35 GMT
85 Gnome Rogue
01/01/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Kumorii
You could take one in deadly brew rather than deadened nerves.
3%

true, it's a filler tho, "personal preferences".
85 Human Rogue
Have a question about my dps, since i dont want to start a new thread for a simple question i´ll just ask it here.

Iam assasination rogue with decent gear for my lvl imo doing 6.4 - 6.8k dps depends on groups and bosses. Yesterday a hunter in group mocked me for only doing 6.9k on boss fight while he lvl 84 did 10k.

So my question is, is my dps to low for my lvl and gear? and if so any tips on how to improve it... Atm using DP in MH and IP in OH, been trying to switch that back and forth but seems this way do more dmg cause DP hits more often. Assasination rogue envenom or evisirate what does more dmg atm?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Nah, it's not considered low. But, assassination rogues are restricted by a hit cap. The closer you get to that cap, the more damage you will be doing. But as you are lvl 83 I'm not really sure what the exact values are, not do I feel like calculating them ^^.

Just keep in mind that out of all classes assassination might just profit the most out of hit rating, dps wise. Then again, we probably suffer the most when missing hit rating.

But, I'm guessing dps isn't really balanced before 85.

Just a side note, get rid of the slice and dice glyph, and add the glyph of backstab. Same goes for glyph of trick of the trade, it's near invaluable to help out tanks with initial aggro, I'd replace it for the sap glyph.
85 Human Rogue
Thanks Dimker.

Yeah i just read about SnD glyph seems i have to change acouple of things :D
85 Blood Elf Rogue
You're welcome :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]