Topic Assassination PvE could use less RNG
Edited by Higure on 04/01/11 07:02 (GMT)
As assassination rogue Im very satisfied with my PvE capablity, I provide my raid the 8% spell dmg buff, 12% armor reduction when using paladin/DK tanks and very competitive DPS
But at times keeping the rotation just gets overwhelmingly random due to all RNG from seal of fate, venomous wounds, ruthlessness, relentless strikes not proccing when using 4 CB finishers and dodges.
between every rupture, you've got basicly 18/20 seconds to deliver as many envenoms as possible while allowing the envenom buff run its duration.
this ranges between being able to deliver 1 envenom during the rupture without having rupture down time, into pulling 3 envenoms (even 4 while overkill is up) during that 1 rupture. At times Im even forced to pull 2-3 CB envenoms just to make sure my Slice and dice doesnt drop.
problem parts here are
CB generation from seal of fate
- well this will get fixed overtime as the crit %s goes up
CB generation from ruthlessness
- this makes or breaks your cycle often, should be more reliable tbh
Energy from venomous wounds
- You might be either energy starved or you might be having trouble not overriding your envenom buff
Energy from Relentless strikes
- Well this is quite reliable really, 80/100% chance, rarely fails. perfectly bearable
- Takes up an GCD, can cost you rupture up time or even cause the Slice and Dice to drop. Currently I dont see reason to stack expertise as when envenom is being dodged you still gain the full envenom buff = 5 seconds of envenom buff 0 Combo points and barely no energy, not a bad deal I quess but is this really intended?
- Ruthlessness - this ability should be 100% reliable or not exist at all
- Rework envenom to not provide the envenom buff when being dodged. Gaining Dmg from envenom getting dodged doesnt really seem intended in first place. This would make expertise more worthwhile stat for assassination aswell.
Venomous wounds might be little trickier to rework, just making it 100% proc with reduced dmg could do the trick, but not sure how that'd work out later on when haste kicks in.
Obviously the rotation will get more manageable as gear progresses on and we start actually gaining more haste and crit, But from my expierience these talents could use less random and more reliablity. Reducing the RNG on the rotation would make rogues a lot more enjoyable class to play.
just my thoughts about assassination PvE
(oh and another little thing; could the Improved expose armor be moved to tier 4 or even made baseline? assassination tier 5 is wee bit bloated if you're going to pick expose armor, thanks)
...No, it doesn't? It's just usually the difference between 1 or 2 mutilates.
Adapting to RNG like this is what makes a decent rogue.
Dodged abilitiesIf you feel that your cycle is too unstable, feel free to get more expertise. Most of the time the gained envenom buff will just be overwritten immediately as you'll risk energy capping soon.
Oh le noes, away with all that RNG. Boo hoo and so on.
Envenom has worked like that for ages, and as said it honestly would not make expertise better than mastery or haste.
Think most rogues agree with this, who knows why they don't just move it to tier 4. :p Might be that they want us to sacrifice a DPS talent for it but IDK.
Edited by Zhiraa on 04/01/11 14:06 (GMT)
This happens to most Rogues when their crit percentage is low. I know guides state that you should ALWAYS go for a 4+ CP Envenom, but personally I'd rather do a 2-3+ Evenom in order to keep up SnD and having a steady Rupture uptime.
In the current gear state I think most Rogues have nearly 100% SnD uptime on most fights but I'm also fairly sure that a lot of Rogues drop their Rupture a couple of times :).
All of this will improve as we battle through tiers of content and getting better gear.
85 Worgen Rogue
The whole assassination model is bollocks tbh. They wanna reduce passive dmg but it feels like its hardly changed. They have added more RNG and more ramp up through needing rupture up in order to have a similar energy regen as we used to. Several times i feel energy starved whilst at other times i feel like i have infinite energy.
A big change i would like to see is deadly poison reduced to 3 stacks that would help massively with the ramp up issues that we have.