Bind cmd?

(Locked)

Is there some way to bind the cmd-button like 'cmd-1' to use as a keybind ingame? Mac OSX related btw.
Anyone :D?
85 Undead Priest
01/01/2011 10:43 PMPosted by Myon
Is there some way to bind the cmd-button like 'cmd-1' to use as a keybind ingame? Mac OSX related btw.

I don't use a Mac myself but I am quite sure it should be possible.

The main problem would be that it also has functions outside of the game, you would need a fully customizable keyboard or know someway to unbind it as the command function before being able to keybind it without getting Alt-tabbed I think.
85 Dwarf Shaman
The combination that makes the game minimize is CMD + m, do it's not a problem.
70 Human Priest
cmd+m windows/fullscreens, it doesn't minimize.

And no. You cannot do this. cmd+something is for system functions. WoW cannot recognize it as a normal modifier, only shift, control and option (alt) can be used for that.

~Vaeil
85 Dwarf Shaman
Well, that sucks balls. Have to ditch my alu keyboard then =/
85 Troll Druid
you may be able to remap your keyboard binds on a mac like you can on a PC simply moving the cmd key to a different place.

I disabled my caps lock key and changed it to alt since caps lock is useless. I would assume there is a config file or similiar to allow you to do this on your mac.
85 Undead Death Knight
You can use system preferences=>keyboard=>modifier keys.

Than swap between ctrl and cmd button and here is it ;)
Customer Service
Thanks for posting to help these guys, but please note this thread is over a year old so chances are they aren't checking back anymore :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]