Warrior DPS: Too low

85 Troll Warrior
Firstly I am not complaining about the fact I was benched for the second time on heroic boss progress, I understand why I am being benched and i'm here to make a few points. I have held DPS Recs throughout WotLK and currently have 4 or 5 on WoL for normal modes. My skill as a player is pretty high I would say. Currently however it seems to be a case of why would my RL take a warrior raiding when he can take a DK that does 4-5k more DPS than me with the same gear?

1. Blizzard have said they think warrior damage might be too low, at the same time they release a nerf to HS and a change to mastery that will not cover this nerf due to our priority of reforging for hit.

2. Blizzard have also said that they want to balance damage, but they don't want people to get left behind. This is exactly what is happening across the board currently, melees (mainly warriors and paladins) getting sidelined for ranged that can -do more damage- than us, but not by just a small amount.

3. I understand Warriors scale poorly at the start of an expansion then get crazy towards the end, but this is silly. There is a very strong and distinct possibility that I could be left behind for the rest of heroic progress unless this changes very soon.

I am not mad at my guild, far from it, they need to do this because my DPS just isn't as good as everyone else so why would they take me for progress. I am disappointed that Blizzard could let things get to this stage and not see this coming. I am further disappointed that after seeing how many warriors aren't even coming close to alot of the DPS that other classes are managing on standard fights that something hasn't been done sooner, and I really hope that this will be fixed.

I play this game to raid, not to sit on the sidelines and watch my guild progress past me because someone didn't think the data from Beta was conclusive enough that a 17% nerf pre-cata was a little too much.
Edited by Themess on 09/01/2011 02:45 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I would drop you from the raid too not because you have less dps but because you are gemming strengh...

09/01/2011 2:38 AMPosted by Themess
My skill as a player is pretty high I would say.

Really? learn your class

im alway top dps in hcs and always top 2 in bh

here are the things you need to do before you QQ on forums your dps is low

1. Gem Hit not Strengh
2. reforge all mastery and haste on gear that dont have hit in to hit (if you have to reforge expertise you only need dodge cap as you will be fighting from behinde and bosses dont parry from behind and should get this with gear even with refoging some of it(same as below)
3. reforge all mastery and haste on gear that has hit but no crit into crit
4. get some pve gear and ffs dont reforge you pvp to mastery its bad for us reforge hit if not crit
5. Put 50 hit you your boots not stamina
6. Respeck -1 point in Incite + 1 point in deep Wounds (dps is more)
7. swap glyph of commanding shout for glyph of battle shout

do this and you will out dps any stupid dk
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/01/2011 3:28 AMPosted by Rainar
I would drop you from the raid too not because you have less dps but because you are gemming strengh...

Really? learn your class

1. Gem Hit not Strengh
2. reforge all mastery and haste on gear that dont have hit in to hit (if you have to reforge expertise you only need dodge cap as you will be fighting from behinde and bosses dont parry from behind and should get this with gear even with refoging some of it(same as below)
4. get some pve gear and ffs dont reforge you pvp to mastery its bad for us reforge hit if not crit

So cleaving in heroics apperantly makes the class fine? please...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/01/2011 3:34 AMPosted by Shakked

whats cleave got to do with it? no one cares about trash dps. Im talking single target dps i.e boss fights

I have never had a problem with dps only aggro
Reply Quote
99 Orc Warrior
out of melee dps, warriors are kinda in the middle. while feral druids, unholy dks, assassination rogues are doing far far better (in a bit worse gear, mind you). the only melee spec that is totally crap now is retribution paladin.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Thamess knows what he's talking about, just read that post and try to disagree

Blizz seem to have hamstrung us on purpose, so many things don't make much sense right now for a fury specced raiding warrior, other melee classes can pass us effortlessly in lesser gear

I thought it was supposed to be an even playing field in cata, hell even with arms back on board as a viable pve spec.. but it's not even close to that, ofc not just with warriors but it hits us pretty hard, in a 25 man raid all we are bringing is our damage.. and we ain't bringing it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I agree ....

warrior dps is a bit low atm, well blizz never thought for warrior to be a dps class or they maybe change their mind.
I would say I really skipping raid progress cause of other classes can out dps us easily, tbh nerfing us is not a smart move .
I am doing 11k on dummy and about 15-16k in the raids but when u see a mage or a hunter or a rogue is doing 4k more than u do it's kidda pist me of, and man comon be honest u r not the second or the 3rd dps on the meter u r not even the 6th u can check the top guilds not even taking a fury warrior with em to a progress raids .
blizz I am okay with nefing HS cause I am not using it atm ( well I have no rage for using it ) so please be my guest and nerf it, one more thing could u please remove the inner rage cause I don't think any warrior in the wow is using it any ways .
finally blizz a big GZ for the huge success on making this game really sucks .
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

That's a good one. May I suggest you stfu?
Edited by Skell on 09/01/2011 15:43 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
i have realy easy suggestion for to save fury @ 4.0.6. Let the Fury Mastery: Unshackled Fury effect to Enrage proc chance. Then fury can use RB almost with every cd off at raid also we can effect more than %55-60 enrage up time.

So when u got about %50 mastery Enrage proc chance became to %13.5 chance from %9
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

Really? learn your class

1. Gem Hit not Strengh

So much fail in this post, I could actually feel my braincells dying as I read.

09/01/2011 3:38 PMPosted by Skell

Couldn't have put it better myself ^^

On a serious note I received 2 359 maces from magmaw so we shall see how that pans out but i'm not getting my hopes up considering the state we will still be in next patch thanks to the HS nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/01/2011 3:39 AMPosted by Rainar

whats cleave got to do with it? no one cares about trash dps. Im talking single target dps i.e boss fights

I have never had a problem with dps only aggro

1. any decent player would trash you, just because you had few runs with bads doesn't mean the class is fine
2. HC bosses with so little hp are hardly a benchmark for dps as they die too quick, your sustained dps on 25 man boss would be a joke.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/01/2011 3:58 PMPosted by Themess

Really? learn your class

1. Gem Hit not Strengh

On a serious note I received 2 359 maces from magmaw so we shall see how that pans out but i'm not getting my hopes up considering the state we will still be in next patch thanks to the HS nerf.

you have braincellls? lol with that reforging & geming on your gear i think not

L2p your class

and i get my advice from someone in the top 3 guild in the word not some scrub like you and half the kid that post here who obviously dont know !@!% about this game and still think it wotlk

this is what you should be doing http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/bastrel/advanced

09/01/2011 3:38 PMPosted by Skell

my i suggest you set fire to yourself and die
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
09/01/2011 4:17 PMPosted by Rainar

and i get my advice from someone in the top 3 guild in the word not some scrub like you and half the kid that post here who obviously dont know !@!% about this game and still think it wotlk

this is what you should be doing http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/bastrel/advanced

You don't get any advice from him. You're just looking at his armory and blindly copy pasting his gems to fit your sub-par gear.

Do some raiding on that Warrior of yours before you act like you know more then us.
Edited by Skell on 09/01/2011 16:26 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/01/2011 4:23 PMPosted by Skell

You don't get any advice from him. You're just looking at his armory and blindly copy pasting his gems to fit your sub-par gear.

Do some raiding on that Warrior of yours before you act like you know more then us.

not at all thats just a example of how he should reforge and gem.. I mean ffs who reforges for mastery unless your a tank? and when coming from someone who says they are a good player kinda says it all tbh
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
While I agree he shouldn't be reforging to mastery, he still clearly has more experience then you do when it comes to Warrior DPS compared to other DPS classes in a raid environment. Fact is we're in the bottom right next to Ret Pallies, at least at the current gear level, and by a big margin.
Edited by Skell on 09/01/2011 16:44 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Rainar is right? You need to have more hit, gemming for str isn't as good as getting a solid hit.

If anyone knew how to do the math, they'd realise that the closer you are to not missing, the more dps you'll do, the less rage starved you'll be.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
No he is not right.. I can understand why he thinks warrior dps is fine tough. I was also top dps in all hc's and the first bosses in BWD. But now as people are starting to get to the same gearlvl as me they have caught up and passed me in dps.
It is very frustrating seeing a DK outdps me without enchants or proper gemming or meta.

Anyway this below is whats best right now.. And after the patch i guess mastery will be alittle better then haste and crit. But im really worried about the dps nerf that is incoming. =(

Get 8% Hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise. After that, Strength > Hit (up to 27%) > Crit > Haste == Mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
OP is 100% right if you disagree i have to question how much research you have done.

this is some evidence for this i found on US forums.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/Cho%27gall/10N/dps/

Evidence says it all. Ret pala is still worse but we aint far off it.
Edited by Kaletra on 09/01/2011 17:00 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

you have braincellls? lol with that reforging & geming on your gear i think not

L2p your class

my i suggest you set fire to yourself and die

Ok, is that before or after I unequip my arms PvP set tell me?

how about you check what spec i'm in, what guild i'm in and what achievements I have got before you open your mouth and reply. I'm arms for PvP rofl, ofc all my gear is reforged for mastery over hit ^^
Edited by Themess on 09/01/2011 17:19 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Firstly I am not complaining about the fact I was benched for the second time on heroic boss progress, I understand why I am being benched and i'm here to make a few points. I have held DPS Recs throughout WotLK and currently have 4 or 5 on WoL for normal modes. My skill as a player is pretty high I would say. Currently however it seems to be a case of why would my RL take a warrior raiding when he can take a DK that does 4-5k more DPS than me with the same gear?

1. Blizzard have said they think warrior damage might be too low, at the same time they release a nerf to HS and a change to mastery that will not cover this nerf due to our priority of reforging for hit.

2. Blizzard have also said that they want to balance damage, but they don't want people to get left behind. This is exactly what is happening across the board currently, melees (mainly warriors and paladins) getting sidelined for ranged that can -do more damage- than us, but not by just a small amount.

3. I understand Warriors scale poorly at the start of an expansion then get crazy towards the end, but this is silly. There is a very strong and distinct possibility that I could be left behind for the rest of heroic progress unless this changes very soon.

I am not mad at my guild, far from it, they need to do this because my DPS just isn't as good as everyone else so why would they take me for progress. I am disappointed that Blizzard could let things get to this stage and not see this coming. I am further disappointed that after seeing how many warriors aren't even coming close to alot of the DPS that other classes are managing on standard fights that something hasn't been done sooner, and I really hope that this will be fixed.

I play this game to raid, not to sit on the sidelines and watch my guild progress past me because someone didn't think the data from Beta was conclusive enough that a 17% nerf pre-cata was a little too much.

Totally agree, i have the same problem.

Heck, i have 9 classes, some 85, some 80, and some inbetween. I have already rerolled Rogue, getting daggers is far more easier then 2x 2hander, in which you have to fight every other plate melees for., gonna play both and see how this works out.

Don't understand that a DK can do higher dps with HALF my effort. It's really pathetic.

Starting the expansion by sitting out on Dungeons and there after Raids, is serious punishment. I gotta Mage, should i just roll a Mage with a quest item Staff and hit the Raid doing top dps by simply using Frost Bolt=Icelance?!? No hit plenalty? Sounds like a good idea! Heck i have CC as well.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]