Sending Heirlooms Across Realms

(Locked)

84 Undead Warlock
It is not a strawman at all, the item says Bound to Account, nowhere does it say it is cross server tradable. The BoA tag is a restriction to stop you trading it outside your account in the exact same way that BoE is a restriction saying you can't trade it once used.

If i have 2 characters on different realms, the term 'bind to account' implies i am able to trade those items between the characters, seeing as both characters belong to the same account.
Your argument is a strawman in the sense that you're debating restrictions, while the topic is about the possibilities.

Calling strawman where there is none is very poor conduct especially since different item restrictions are still relevant to each other, mind telling me how limes fit in?

I tried to use limes as i assumed it would be an easier example for you to understand. Perhaps it was still too difficult?
84 Undead Warlock
09/01/2011 5:38 PMPosted by Rhaegan
If i have 2 characters on different realms, the term 'bind to account' implies i am able to trade those items between the characters, seeing as both characters belong to the same account.
Your argument is a strawman in the sense that you're debating restrictions, while the topic is about the possibilities.

The term 'bind to account' implies exactly what it does, it means it cannot be traded to any character not on your account, nowhere does it imply that it overrides any trade restrictions though.

And this topic is about restrictions as BoA is a restriction so it is not a strawman.

At the same time, reversing your wording, the term 'bind to account' means it cán be traded to any character that ís on my account. Including those on different realms.
The very fact that i am able to send my boa equipment to characters from the opposite faction already proves that it overrides trade restrictions.

I feel you do not fully understand the meaning of a strawman. In this situation, the fact that you keep argumenting about how 'bind to account' implies a restriction means you're circumventing the actual discussion at hand which is as to why bind to account prohibits cross-realm transfers.

Fact: 2 characters on different realms both belong to my account.
Fact: BoA equipment allows for trading among characters belonging to that account.

I urge you to find a valid argument as to why cross-realm transfers are unreasonable.
84 Undead Warlock
Because you can't transfer any other items despite the restrictions they say on the items. You are constantly ignoring the clear fact that not all the restrictions on an item are labelled, BoA is a restriction that means it cannot be traded outside your account, nowhere does it say that it can be traded cross server, that is people inferring where there is no implication.

I suggest you find a source that states it is deliberately NOT possible, in that case.

The day you manage to get a BoE weapon across to a different server through the mail system but you can't send a BoA then your point about it implying anything will hold water, until then you have no valid argument as the precedent is completely against you.

Except the unavoidable fact that 2 characters on different realms belong to the same account, which you seem to be avoiding. The BoE strawman is getting old now, stop it.

And in answer to your repeated strawman accusation, you are failing to understand that it is not the BoA part that is restricting cross server, I never claimed it was, however it is the current infrastructure of the mail system that is and always has restricted it. Again, my point is not a strawman and you can't keep calling it that just because it demolishes your argument.

The same way you can't simply say your argument is valid for it to be valid? Rejoice, hypocrisy is not dead.
80 Human Priest
Whatever the ins and outs of it are, we were told that this was a 'work in progress' almost a year ago now and still nothing!

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/cross-realm-raids-and-mail-are-a-work-in-progress/

Implementing this is something any decent programmer could sort out in a day, and then Blizzard's forum moderators would never have to look at this topic again. Countless posts were made on this on the old forums suggesting how this could be done (including one from myself) and still no word from Blizzard. The simple fact that this hasn't been implemented as yet means they can't be working on it and have changed their minds and don't plan to implement it at all.

Personally I get the feeling Blizzard regret the day they ever came up with the heirloom idea.
85 Draenei Shaman
10/01/2011 2:51 PMPosted by Adarria
Personally I get the feeling Blizzard regret the day they ever came up with the heirloom idea.

So that's why they didn't introduce any new heirlooms in Cataclysm? :rolleye:
15 Worgen Mage
10/01/2011 2:56 PMPosted by Jojk
So that's why they didn't introduce any new heirlooms in Cataclysm? :rolleye:

In fact they did implement new heirlooms in Cataclysm, they're archived over the guild vendor and require a specific guildlevel aswell as that you need a certain rep standing with your guild.

The new pieces are a 5% exp cloack and a 10% exp headpiece respectly to armor class and role (agi, str, int) respectively.

BTT
Now i've tried to open a ticket in wich i requested to have them transfer my heirlooms wich i all packed onto one character, to another character on a different realm, since they're supposed to be Bind on _Account_ and blizz was planning to make them xRealm anyways. Bloodey sneaky as GM's tend to be, ofc the reply came while i was offline for dinner.
In the reply the GM stated that he cant transfer these items are infact only tradable on the same realm on an account, and they couldn't help me in this matter and hopefully have cleared any missinterpreteations on my side.

I know infact that there is atleast one case where GM's did transfer items > http://www.twinkinfo.com/2010/02/free-heirloom-transfer/ < (click at own risk.) and i've seen several responses to this topic that indicates that others may we're as lucky to get the items transfered by a GM.
This and the fact that blizz stated before that they want to make them crossrealm transferable indicates more that they're indeed supposed to be Bind on Account, if i missed a reply that they scratched the idea please enlighten me with a source.

As you might imagine i'm quite unstatisfied at the situation since i've got pretty much all heirlooms except the new Cata ones and the caster leather set, and it seems that i now have to transfer a character from my old realm to a new one, wich i didn't intend to do.

An official statement to the generel situation on heirloom items and the future and desing progress on Bind on Account items, especially now with the BoA Archeology items seems really overdue, so i can only hope that a blue might response to this thread, if even with the slightest informations on this topic.

TL;DR i mad, bluepost plz
also, please excuse any bad grammar since english isn't my native language.
80 Night Elf Druid
issue should be bumped every now and then until adressed imo

bump
82 Gnome Rogue
up it goes
85 Blood Elf Mage
It never ceases to amaze me how so many people think the issue is with the word "account" and not the word "bound".
90 Night Elf Rogue

Can you trade it to anybody on your server? No.

Can you only trade it to characters on your account? Yes.

Seems accurate and true to me.

Can you trade it to every char on your account, No you cant seems like its not as acurate as you make it out to be is it.

But then you are a supertroll just doing this for effect so I dont think I will bother replying to anymore of your drivel having read replys made by you on other threads you are not worth the time or effort.

I can't see why the term bind to account means you can trade to every char on your account. The only thing that bind to account means is that it is bound to your account, you can not trade it to anyone that is not on your account. It does not give you a magic talent to send cross realm.

This is the new term since people can't come to terms with the fact that Bind to Account only means that: BtAWTATSTACOARROWONTCTMTPE

That means, Bind To Account Without The Ability To Send To All Characters On All Realms Regardless Of Whether Or Not The Coding To Make This Possible Exists

I am sure the people who are whining about the term as it is would still find a problem with a terminology with that much detail.

17/01/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Shizuko
issue should be bumped every now and then until adressed imo

bump

What you mean the issue of people not having the ability to come to terms with the fact that they were wrong about the mechanic of an item in game?

I think it will take more than a few bumps to sort those peoples problems out :)
Edited by Corripio on 20/01/2011 10:17 GMT
25 Undead Rogue
Can you send BoE items to other characters in different realms? No

So why would BoA be any different?

BoA means you can't trade with characters not on your account... nothing more, nothing less. Realm restrictions still apply just like everything else.
Only reason for it is not implemented, because it would require operation to transfer data between 2 databases, which is not as easy as sending things to your char in same realm.
Community
Yes I believe it was something we were looking into or considering, and haven't heard an update on this topic for a while.
09/01/2011 5:19 PMPosted by Epiphron
There was a blue post on this a long time ago saying it was something they were looking to implement, Then Cata was heralded and it got put on the backburner I presume so nothing has been heard for a long time.
Edited by Wryxian on 21/01/2011 12:35 GMT
90 Night Elf Rogue
oops, was meant to edit, not quote, need a sodding delete button on this forum :P
Edited by Corripio on 20/01/2011 09:48 GMT
91 Worgen Druid
20/01/2011 9:48 AMPosted by Corripio
oops, was meant to edit, not quote, need a sodding delete button on this forum :P

Seems some posts were deleted in this thread, but the question is if this was a moderator swooping in or is there actually some non-obvious way to delete your posts?
Community
20/01/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Wiffleston

Seems some posts were deleted in this thread, but the question is if this was a moderator swooping in or is there actually some non-obvious way to delete your posts?
Apart from some naughty "bump" replies, that are still there, I didn't see anything amiss. But it's entirely possible that at any point our team might remove posts that violate the forum guidelines. Anyhow, please keep it on topic or withhold posting. ;-)
7 Orc Hunter
09/01/2011 3:40 PMPosted by Dragathor
I think one of the issues is the fact that if you search my name, or anyone's name who's posted (using them as an example) on the armory, you'll see at least 3 people with that name.

I think that would be easy to work around.

Eg I am Gorc@Sporregar, you are Dragathor@Hellscream.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]