Poisons for sub rogue PVP

85 Undead Rogue
i have just recently tried out sub for pvp and i really like it, but im kind of unsure of what poisons to use on which wepon in pvp, any suggestions or good tips?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
my rogue is lvl 57 subtlety rogue, i use crippling on main hand and mind numbling on off hand, although u have waylay crippling is even better since it can proc from normal attacks and all skills, and it reduce movement by more than waylay, at lower lvls (like my rogue) its a good advantage to use crippling, u can easily kill melees with it, just dmg them to like 50% then u get some distanct, be at about 6-7 yards from them and keep it, then u wait 8 sec and go stealth, and there u go another S-step +ambush.
mind numbling is more like a bonus, so the caster will cast slower, more important in case of a healer...
Edited by Googoo on 11/01/2011 19:51 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Wound MH, Crippling OH, or double Wound if you find Waylay to be enough (it isn't).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
i dont use waylay at this point but ty for the tips :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Instant on Mh, Crip on offhand and crip on thrown aswell. You shouldnt use wound poison anymore because 10% healing debuff isnt that much and much lower dmg than instant poison
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/01/2011 8:50 PMPosted by Nireshiva
Instant on Mh, Crip on offhand and crip on thrown aswell. You shouldnt use wound poison anymore because 10% healing debuff isnt that much and much lower dmg than instant poison

No, Wound isn't much lower damage, its proc rate is much higher and it does more damage than Instant unless you're specced into Assa and have the Improved Poisons (+50% proc frequency for Instant) talent.
Please don't post misinformation.
Edited by Leetkiller on 11/01/2011 20:55 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Wound poison have chance to strike 711 poison dmg on every hit
Instant poison have chance to strike 1329 dmg on every hit. Not sure about proc %

Many top rogues find it better to use Mind numbing poison on main hand and crippling poison on offhand when they play 3v3. So if you dont find IP/WP that much needed, u should try that one.
Edited by Nireshiva on 11/01/2011 22:05 GMT
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Priest
Wound is very close to that of instant when playing subtlety. Definitely worth using wounding > instant poison. Usual damage % of wounding in good PVP gear lies ~8% of your total damage, and instant poison around the same. Though you might want to consider getting mindnumbing for PVP.

Mainhand Offhand Thrown
Mindnumbing Crippling Crippling
Wounding Crippling Crippling

Crippling on offhand allows you to shiv crippling on target if needed instead of relying on RNG.

If waylay is your only "reliable" snare(most players play with crippling), and you want maximum pressure and you are capable of sticking to the target from start to finish.

Wound Deadly Crippling

And for short period of time:

Wound Wound Crippling
Edited by Merciless on 11/01/2011 21:15 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
well since sub dosent do that much dps im kind of afraid that if i dont use something like instant my dps wont be that big, if u look at assassination u hardly do anything if u dont have any poisons though mindnumb and crippling seems tactically best
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Priest
No matter what poisons you use your damage will be low as subtlety. This especially goes for high armored targets.
For subtlety wounding poison is better than instant. The procrate of wounding is higher than instant poison and the total damage is pretty much the same, plus you get the 10 % healing debuff.
Edited by Merciless on 11/01/2011 21:37 GMT
Reply Quote
I use deadly/crip.
Reply Quote
Wound poison have chance to strike 711 poison dmg on every hit
Instant poison have chance to strike 1329 dmg on every hit.

Now tell us all the chance that instant has to proc, and the chance that wound has to proc, then amaze us all with the numbers that show wound does more damage than instant when you are sub or combat.

Many top rogues find it better to use Mind numbing poison on main hand and crippling poison on offhand when they play 3v3. So if you dont find IP/WP that much needed, u should try that one.

Close but no cigar.... they are using crip MH and MN off hand.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
well i dont know why they are using Crip on mainhand? making shiv pretty useless ? Depends if they find it better to shiv target x to cast 30% slower and change to something else. But i find shiv better if i need to slow some target to help my partner get away.
Edited by Nireshiva on 11/01/2011 22:03 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Either use wound/crip/crip or MN/crip/crip. Wound/crip/MN is a possibility also. Avoid instant and deadly. Only exception is against mages in duels run crip/crip/crip. Reason for this is mainly for max uptime but also to allow for baller garrote+KS overlap openers without breaking sap.

Just copy my spec because honestly it's miles better than all the bad rogues who whine about their damage. Very rarely don't get top damage and KB's in every bg and can beat most people without needing dance.
Edited by Kesklol on 11/01/2011 22:03 GMT
Reply Quote
Because shiv is a waste of energy that could be used to do more damage with.

Go sub and try crip on your main hand you will see you have no trouble at all with your slows.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
well if you have waylay talent then u wont really have that much problems at slowing ur target. but yeah cant say anything coz i havent tried it. Could drop waylay and use points to something else maybe.
Edited by Nireshiva on 11/01/2011 22:09 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Mainhand has higher chance to proc wound due to specials so it is a no-brainer to put wound on mainhand. Shivving isn't as important as it used to be but it is still a guaranteed snare with no positional requirement, which waylay is not and crip mainhand is unreliable.

If you open with garrote and your target turns to face you, what will you do with crip mainhand? Sit there and hope. Thats why you use crip offhand and shiv instead of being terrible.
Reply Quote
I can point to a rogue 200 rating higher than you kesk who is using crip on MH and MN on offhand.... I'm sure he isn't terrible, at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]