Mysterious camel figurine

85 Goblin Warrior
Hi,
I was just wandering if there was any other easier way to find the Mysterious camel figurine in uldum. I have been searching uldum for about 2 days now following routes and spawn stops from wowhead but cant seem to find them so please can i have some help
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I can not find any either... doubt they are on the realm yet - spend days in Uldum and using npc-scan too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
this thing is the next time-lost proto, except it's even harder to get.

ramkahen has easy camels, this one is for people who understand getting "the insane" title as fun. in case i didn't make my point very clear: lol, 2 days. try 2 months.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Thank you fellow gamers for the advice im going to try again
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Plenty of tutorial videos on Youtube about how to find it, although why you'd want to is beyond me. It doesn't even fly does it?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
14/01/2011 8:20 PMPosted by Harky
Plenty of tutorial videos on Youtube about how to find it, although why you'd want to is beyond me. It doesn't even fly does it?

Well good point it is not a flying mount but I would like to sit back and smell the roses instead of rushing flying everywhere
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Use this addon:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/npcscan.aspx

This addon called npc scan continuously scans the area around you for any rare npcs that might be floating about, luckily enough these figurines are classed as npcs in game, this makes it so this addon can pick them up.

So all you would need to do is install the addon, boot up the game and fly around the zone until the on screen warning says one is near by, click the little picture that pops up and that will target the figuring for you.
Edited by Corripio on 15/01/2011 11:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
15/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Corripio
So all you would need to do is install the addon

I did that and - long time ago - but no figurines ever...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
:(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
got this mount while leveling up my warlock in uldum. nothing special about it though, its not a 2 man mount as some belive ^^ you get a sweet title though ; The camel-Hoarder.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
I found one. Once. All it contained was some dust >:(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I've found 10 so far, the 9th was one with the ID to teleport to Dormus and get the mount, however with patch 4.1 you can no longer target the camels instead you have to squint at the screen for ages looking for something the size of a ant. Alas I had been called to raid before finding the damn thing and someone else got it before I got back.
Edited by Nocchi on 11/05/2011 19:55 BST
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Rogue
Been hunting for this now for over 4mths, still as yet have to even find my 1st one on a realm thats now gone from low population to new players (that few on it thesedays) and even with npc scan running i have never ever had it go off.
In the 3-4hrs i spend flying around uldum like a lost freekin chicken, all i think of is how boring this game has become, how !@#$ign petty and tight %^-* blizard has also become (by removing the target mysterious camel figurine macro option). However since blizard made changes and now the map has an oasis and few other changes, i am beginning to think maybe those characters that have done all the uldum quests can no longer obtain this (phasing issue so unable to have a chance of seeing the figurine) or its bugged or blizzard have decided they are soo !@#$ing tight %^-* they have stopped add-ons from detecting this thing.

Ye i am really pissed off now hunting this non existant thing out, wouldnt you be at 4hrs a day plus for 4 mths every !@#$ing day, it takes roughly an hour of flying round uldum covering teh whole place. Good way to bore the living crap outta people that they then start thinking about what they get out of the game.

Reply Quote
Camel hunting is obviously not for people with the attention span of a goldfish.

oh, that eliminates a large percentage of the WoW population... back to the camel hunt. :)
Edited by Holstein on 26/10/2011 05:45 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Use this addon:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/npcscan.aspx

This addon called npc scan continuously scans the area around you for any rare npcs that might be floating about, luckily enough these figurines are classed as npcs in game, this makes it so this addon can pick them up.

So all you would need to do is install the addon, boot up the game and fly around the zone until the on screen warning says one is near by, click the little picture that pops up and that will target the figuring for you.

I never found a single figurine, but reading here and there (and from the addon settings) I can confirm that it tracks the figurines. There are actually 2 different type of doodad tracked, both of which are camel figurines, but with differend IDs. One ID is the right one, the other will just leave you with sand in your hand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
NPCScan has popped up twice while I've been flying around Uldum doing archaeology. I couldn't find the figurines though. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/05/2011 19:53Posted by Nocchi
Alas I had been called to raid before finding the damn thing and someone else got it before I got back.

And they couldn't wait 5-10 minutes? Nice guild *shakes head*
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
2 days ..2 whole days?

I was fixated on getting this as horde first when it was announced when I was belf..

then proceeded to search most of the day every day for 4 weeks solid

felt damn good when I finally found one that didn't contain dust lol

Ok here's a tip I found on my searches ..when npc scan goes off it is 90% of the time ..either in a bush ..near a tree or at the entrance to or inside one of the little sand bunkers

most npc scan alerts for me were at the harrison jones quest area at the top of the map

down near the oasis in the bunker ...and near the pyramids

search youtube as there are really nice flight routes to use now on there

Edited by Killshot on 26/10/2011 13:41 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Found 1 randomly while doing archaeology and got the mount/achi first time.

Few weeks later found another 1 doing archaeology, summoned a friend over and he got the mount/achi aswell.

What im trying to say here is /brag and NPCscan FTW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]