"Uninstall.xml" could not be read. Error please help.

73 Tauren Druid
Ok so i bought Wrath today and installed it, I have since found out that if you have installed 4.0 patch (which i have) it causes this error (thanks for the heads up there blizzard): Please enable write access to registry using an adminstration accout.
From reading other post i have discoved that i need to unistalled my current game and re-installed from another online link (i think)

When i go to install i get this error: "Uninstall.xml" could not be read.

Please help
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Druid
Also i looked at the post about this error saying i need to delete the whole game but i dont know how to do this, there is a link : http://eu.battle.net/account/downloads/WoW-4.0.0-WOW-enGB-Installer.exe but it just gives me a 404 error

I now have new erro this morning when i click on WOW : C:\Users\public\games\world of warcraft\launcher.exe is not a valid win32 application.
Edited by Bellua on 21/01/2011 08:50 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
I got just the same problem...
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
i don't know if it's just me, but it worked here.
i found the map for WoW and started the game from there, it actually went fine with no error messages, so i could download cata after.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hi,

You can download the latest client from the following link.

https://eu.battle.net/account/management/download/
Reply Quote
73 Human Mage
Hi,
I'm stuck on the very same problem. Identical in fact. I know how to download the latest client, but can you tell me how to uninstall it first?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Well you can just delete the entire World of Warcraft folder manually, select it and right click then delete or press the delete key on your keyboard, that works too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Ok so i had this problem aswell...
I deleted the warcraft folder as told but it was still recognised in my add/remove in control panel causeing the re-install to get stuck on a certain file. so what i did is just search my computer for warcraft and it will find the uninstall.xml file within the warcraft file and you can just delete it manually from there.
hope this helped.
Reply Quote
48 Human Mage
is it okay to just overwrite the file?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]