Elemental shaman

85 Troll Shaman
I think elemental spec in pvp actually has some problems.
1st problem is insane burst. Honestly, the damage that can be put in a short period of time is really high.
2nd problem is somewhat ability to survive. Shaman in ele doesn't have any button to press in order to save him self from being blown away, but thats okey, since pvp is team work.

I also dislike changes on the purge spell and earth shield, because before earth shield was really like a protection from dispelling stuff. That was rather unbalanced, though, but still we face some other classes, like druids and priests, who are quite hard to dispell, because of various stacking up things. Do you plan to reduce mana cost of purge?

Now it will be easier for me to just for example blow away a shield, rather than trying to dispell all the buffs, present on target, so in my opinion this takes away variety, pushing elemental into being just a turret.

I agree, there is a lot of utility in managing totems, like earthbind and stoneclaw and tremor and all other, but having tremor totem redesigned eases the use of it significantly. Now shaman doesn't have to watch for it, it becomes just like a second pvp-trinket against fear, charm and sleep.

What I would like to see, is probably introducing some way to avoid be blown away, some defensive cooldown.

Probably a nerf to either lava burst or elemental mastery, because elemental mastery is way above any other classes' burning cooldowns. Probably you could make something out of clearcasting, to make critical strike rating more attractive for shamans in pve.

And I also can't understand why some other classes, like magi and warlocks get 5% increased damage or 5% reduced casting time for getting 4/5 pvp set and shamans end up with restoration set bonus.

Don't you judge me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Well... Maybe elemental simply isnt a PVP tree? Maybe the answer is to dualspec resto (or enhancement, but I have no experience with that)? I know that I get pwndizzled in seconds as ele in PvP even though I can top PvE damage meters.

I played my first battleground in ages today as resto - without PvP gear at that. Highest amount of honorable kills, hehe. Of course it wont top the damage charts... But I died like twice so it still felt like I could survive. But then again I had a pocket tank to help. Guess it depends on what you want out of PvP. If you want to kill... Then I'd say shaman isnt a good idea in the first place lol.
Edited by Wratz on 22/01/2011 18:37 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
What do you mean saying elemental isn't a pvp tree?
First of all, shaman is different from other classes, considering dps specs. Druids are similar though.
Enhancement and Elemental are just way too different. And in WotLK ele was pretty viable in 3s and 5s.
For example I enjoy playing a shaman as a dps, I enjoy class mechanics, hybridness and totems, but I simply don't want to go into melee. I don't say that ele must PEW PEW all other classes, I just say it is a really unbalanced spec, considering amount of burst and lack of survival.
Edited by Supermon on 22/01/2011 18:41 GMT
Reply Quote
I'll tell you man, my main is an ele shaman, and it is quite frustrating, you know you can do a lot of damage and put anyone down with 3 lava burst crits..... But that never happens.. Even with 4k resilience she dies too quickly, she is lucky if she manages to cast 1 lava burst when fighting melee that constantly stun and silence the poor bugger... so i rolled a mage to make justice
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
20/07/2011 09:45Posted by Iddle
I'll tell you man, my main is an ele shaman, and it is quite frustrating, you know you can do a lot of damage and put anyone down with 3 lava burst crits..... But that never happens.. Even with 4k resilience she dies too quickly, she is lucky if she manages to cast 1 lava burst when fighting melee that constantly stun and silence the poor bugger... so i rolled a mage to make justice

Yeah i totally agree with you, i mean we basicly dont have any survival abitilies.. yeaah except for that, you have to glyph for a shield ... i mean come on blizzard, this is bull!@#$.
Why do we have to waste a glyph just to get a %^-*ty shield, at a cost of a totem?

as for PVP yeah i agree elemental is !@#$ty, frustating enough our unique wrath totem is not unique anymore... and replaced.

Blizzard has to do something about elemental and shamans in generall.. i so love to play this spec..

/ Rob
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
It's nice to see its not just me who cries about elemental Survivability in PVP. In duels we just get laughed at, for example a rogue ?
cloak = cant kite for 10 secs, ghost wolf you say ? oh right they have sprint.
+ the amount of silences stuns + shadow steps pfff
BM hunters are a joke aswell #justsaying
Recently re-rolled to a Resto in PvP still learning the basics etc but I Enjoyed playing 2's as elemental with a lock and just nuking some one down in 4 GCD's, was quite satisfying but when you get targeted by any one your just taken out the game entirely, spell lock ? lol
mele on you ? lol
i think if the stoneclaw totem had a bigger shield maybe ? or a De-snare as well as shield it would be more fun to play and make us a viable spec to play in arena and boosting your E-peen in durotar in duels.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
22/01/2011 18:35Posted by Wratz
Well... Maybe elemental simply isnt a PVP tree?

Bull!@#$. All specs should be viable in PvP for hybrids since they serve different roles (e.i. ranged dps, melee dps, healer).

End of story
Edited by Razid on 27/08/2011 09:55 BST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Elemental atm is in good shape considering the pre 4.2.Viable in 3s-5s and rbgs but i dont recommend 2s its kinda annoying.We have to hardcast everything and thanks to OP resto other specs crippled .Ele shaman could use a def CD like sham rage or simply astral shift can be replaced instead of elemental warding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What I like to do is 2v2, back in Wotlk it was actually fun to play and I got pretty high as Elemental. How is it now? Nothing but crap, Elemental dies when looked at, big burst? play an Elemental shaman, compare it with any Melee class these days and you know that Ele Mastery is about everything we have, no.. not even an OHSNAP- button. When Elemental Mastery is on cooldown, we can't do much. Elemental Mastery grants some nice stuff and an instant damaging spell. But that's not keeping ourselves alive nor does enough damage if you put a 3 min CD on it, oh yeah, I love the talent that reduces the CD by 3 seconds when you cast Lightning bolt. GL on spamming that in 2v2 and not dying or losing an incredible amount of pressure.

- Give Elemental survivabilty, LOADS of threads with high rated Ele Shammies say ''give Astral Plane back'' *HINTHINTHINT*

- Stop !@#$ing up PvE and PvP, LOADS of threads that say that aswell. ( How hard can it possibly be.. really Blizzard.. -.- )

- Make 2v2 Balanced so everyone can have fun, not only the poeple with an OP setup.

Why is Blizzard like it is? I think they made an awesome game, but I simply can't get over the mistakes Blizzard REPEATEDLY makes. Aka nerfing PvP skills in order to balance PvE, which magically appears to be pretty Balanced except for Blizzard being stupid there with Shammies aswell. How can you even THINK of giving MAGES Bloodlust omg... Like they didn't have enough yet. There's NO reason to take a Shammy to raiding except for ''healer'' or ''dps'' anymore. All buffs can be fixed with other classes. Give us a unique buff.. Enough said, PvP post.

If Blizzard nerfs a baseline skill for a Shammy, then Blizzard would give us something else that makes up with that right?... RIGHT?
^ Ofcourse not rofl, let's remove a baseline skill in order to nerf 1 spec, and ofcourse let's not expect poeple to think it's wierd that the other 2 specs that just got nerfed badly gets something that makes up with it! <-- That's pretty much the rotation Blizzard keeps drowning itself in, something to think about maybe ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Shamans are pretty !@#$ now wether in pve or pvp .
in pvp you die in 2 seconds .
in pve every single class can beat shamans in aoeing or in single target dps .
Sick burst yeah but not for too long .
And from my point of veiw i think shamans need a preperation like spell as elemental.
i think they should increase effectiveness of all spells by 20% .
And a better mastery .
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
the problem is that you play wow
and not pokemon like you should
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
the problem is that you play wow
and not pokemon like you should

haha, pwned!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
You are actualy all asking for nerf tbh! When ever they boost anything on shamans ,we get next 3 nerfs in less then 2 months....Pls stop begging for more def ,couse you will see your dmg nerfed 100% and i finaly can do decent dps with ele.....The big problem is the people you play against. They have brains sadly for you and ofcourse they will go for you as soon as they see you...You have thunderstorm,instant wolf ,spirit walkers grace,grounding totem ,stoneclaw totem(18k absorb),earthbind totem and if you fail at using them and balancing your cds ,its YOUR FAIL,not blizzards...Played pvp before and played against various players in arena.The fails iv seen on people just shows how people cant react in time.IF they make ele viable in pvp ,some people with pvp skills ,will abuse it 100% ,so the nerf will come soon...Deal with it and stop crying pls...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
31/08/2011 07:28Posted by Rakhshase
You are actualy all asking for nerf tbh! When ever they boost anything on shamans ,we get next 3 nerfs in less then 2 months....Pls stop begging for more def ,couse you will see your dmg nerfed 100% and i finaly can do decent dps with ele.....The big problem is the people you play against. They have brains sadly for you and ofcourse they will go for you as soon as they see you...You have thunderstorm,instant wolf ,spirit walkers grace,grounding totem ,stoneclaw totem(18k absorb),earthbind totem and if you fail at using them and balancing your cds ,its YOUR FAIL,not blizzards...Played pvp before and played against various players in arena.The fails iv seen on people just shows how people cant react in time.IF they make ele viable in pvp ,some people with pvp skills ,will abuse it 100% ,so the nerf will come soon...Deal with it and stop crying pls...

You have 2k ~ hks and 80 wins in arena , please get out cause you are not the one to speak about pvp .
Love people like you , have no idea what they are talking about but yet they act like tough wise guys who know everything about every aspect of this game .
I dont do pve , i have no real experience in it , i dont go into pve threads and state my opinion and you should do the same about pvp .
Edited by Prevas on 31/08/2011 13:19 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
hey i play a ele shaman main, in 3s my burst in insane and kind of op. but without cds im just a joke. if i havent got any cds i hit for nothing and die so easy, i also play boomkin which in a way i find them kind of the simullar but they have a 20% damage reducion on a 1 min cd! why dont we have a totem that reduces damage taken by 20% for 10 seconds ?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
22/01/2011 18:14Posted by Supermon
1st problem is insane burst. Honestly, the damage that can be put in a short period of time is really high.

with 9 lightning shield stacks, the good old:-

Flame Shock --> Unleash Elements --> Elemental Mastery --> Spiritwalkers Grace --> Spellpower Trinket --> Lava Burst --> Chain Lightning --> Earth Shock --> Lighning Bolt (maybe a lucky Lava Surge)

It's rediculous :D that's not to mention any mastery procs too and its all on the move.

But really, after that bing bang bosh, you're in Ghost Wolf on the run, popping tots that get resisted, doing !@#$ all damage. We do lack a few decent distance makers (Thunderstorm yeah, but 35secs and a high chance of terrian fail).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
22/01/2011 18:35Posted by Wratz
Well... Maybe elemental simply isnt a PVP tree? Maybe the answer is to dualspec resto (or enhancement, but I have no experience with that)? I know that I get pwndizzled in seconds as ele in PvP even though I can top PvE damage meters.

If Elemental is simply not a PvP tree, why does Thunderstorm knock people back?
Why do we have a talent that makes our Earthbind Totem root our enemies?
Why give us the 12% magic dmg reduction if restos don't even spec into Elemental AT ALL.
Why do we have these glyphs Glyph of Elemental Mastery Glyph of Unleashed Lightning?
Why do we even have a PvP 4 set effect?!

@OP

I completely agree with you on the extreme burst Ele shamans have.
Right now the thing I do to win 2v2 arenas are: Flame Shock > Unleashed Lighting > LvB > several LBs and an Earth shock which most of the time does the trick to earn some points.

Now the survivability on the other hand is just plain crap.. They have to hard-cast their heals (which gets locked/interrupted sooo easily).

They only have two real kiting spells and only two survivability abilities which means Elemental Shamans heavily rely on their arena partners.
Edited by Eltopee on 01/09/2011 11:19 BST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
sup earthquake?????
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Lol, I am thinking on reroll my shammy for pvp and the posts here are quite interesting.

Well, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I hear what you all say, but when it comes to shammies, we don't find it that easy to take them down.

Imo, you have a good toolbox to get out of situations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]