Missing Data/Corrupted 13164.mpq + mfil.

85 Orc Shaman
Last time I played was two days ago, now from this morning (2 A.M) the Launcher does not want me to play, takes minutes to do his stuff and then says "Failed to download information about the next patch. Check your network connection", If I try to run the game directly from WoW.exe I get an error message too :

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

Failed to open archive Data/wow-update-13164.MPQ. Missing or corrupted data.
Unable to recover using data from the network. Please check your Internet connection and try again.

Debug Details:

[0] err=4 text=Win32 Open - Data\wow-update-13164.MPQ.writeCacheBackup
[3] err=0 text=Manifests::ReadDirectFile - ReadDirectFileFromBuffer failed
[2] err=0 text=ManifestInfo::ReadDirectFileFromBuffer - manifest_partial tag failed
[1] err=0 text=Manifests::ReadDirectFile - LoadFile failed
[0] err=4 text=Win32 Open - wow-13329-0658AFCDDF4D212A872B108F25947FA4.mfil

I tried anything written in other threads, checking if IE is running in offline mode (Same for Windows Live Mail and Firefox), opening ports on my router even if I never had to, disabling Windows Firewall. Setting every LAN Option to "Automatically detect". I also unistalled my previous antivirus "AVG" and installed a new one "Avast!" but nothing changed. I would like to say that I have WoW installed on my Notebook too and when I tried to start the Launcher AVG 8.0 told me that it was a Malware, I ignored the message but since that error I cannot play on that PC too. I think there's some damaged string/file inside the new AVG Virus archive because It had to update when I started both PCs and since that update I cannot do anything. I hoped it would solve itself by now, but it's not, and it starts to really piss me off.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Can you check to make sure your Internet Explorer isn't set to run in offline mode, as well as to ensure there are no proxy servers set up in its settings?

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
IE is running in online mode, and there are not proxy servers set up in it's setting, the only thing set on is the "Automatically detect setting" option.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Up, more Blue Posts, thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Can I have some help here? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Ah sorry, somehow I managed to miss that part of your original post (need more caffeine).

Have you double-checked that the required ports are open, and that your firewall isn't blocking the launcher?

Configuring your router for use with World of Warcraft and the Blizzard Downloader: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=19445

Configuring your firewall for use with World of Warcraft and the Blizzard Downloader: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=19442
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Same problem here, played till 4 Am this morning then now very slow loading times for the launcher, then it just stops working with no patching bar at all, just the play button greyed out. No firewall or router changes made during the night, IE not in offline mode. Same error as OP trying to launch from wow.exe directly.

Just an update, deleting the .mpq file doesen't fix anything, the error just shift to other mpq random files for the same error.
Edited by Akeldama on 14/01/2011 16:54 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
14/01/2011 4:29 PMPosted by Aennorai
Ah sorry, somehow I managed to miss that part of your original post (need more caffeine).

Have you double-checked that the required ports are open, and that your firewall isn't blocking the launcher?

Configuring your router for use with World of Warcraft and the Blizzard Downloader: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=19445

Configuring your firewall for use with World of Warcraft and the Blizzard Downloader: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=19442

I disabled Windows Firewall since my Router does the work, enabled all the ports found in the link you posted, only in TCP as it is written there. Still does not work, plus I cannot download the game client from the account management site on battle.net

Next tip?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I have the same problem.

Regards
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Hi,
Telja is a friend of mine, we like in same city and we have the same ISP, i had this problem yesterday and i had to re-install the game but when i reached the cataclysm installation it stopped with an error, same on wotlk launcher and even with DVD so i tried for like 2 hours with changing internet options and connection options. After 2 hour i changed DNS to get the DNS automaticaly and after i started the wrath of the lich king laucher and it worked, it downloaded the patch 4.0.1 and it worked, now i can play, But i think you made something wrong with your server because i never changed my DNS before so check your work please and try to help my mate.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Tried to download client from the account page too just to test it out and indeed it doesen't load in IE or chrome.

Ok, as shinder said setting your dns to "auto" solves the thing, but I don't think it's end user problem here.

Regards
Edited by Akeldama on 14/01/2011 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]