17/01/2011 23:22Posted by Fap
give them a full set of Heirlooms >:D

17/01/2011 23:22Posted by Fap
full set of Heirlooms

No. Just... no.
Edited by Zaden on 17/04/2011 09:23 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
A tanking shield added to the game would have been a better idea than capes - which drop from goodie bags anyway. I leveled 2 tanks myself and there are very few shields low level. I dont see it as a question of "full set of heirlooms", but something that would make some ppl more aware of what a tank should use. Then maybe you'd have less of them trying to tank high level dungeons with a 2 handler, just because the did it from the start. And no, its not the same for casters' offhands, which are just stat sticks and the heirloom staff works fine. A lot of tank abilities depend on them having equipped a shield. While shields can be found in non-heirloom form too, why some classes have the option of not worrying about their weapon(s) and others should.

Atm none of the heirlooms are tanking items. Why exactly should that specific specc be wrong, but rest are fine for those that yell "no more heirlooms"? And then you wonder why not many choose to roll tanks. Well, d'oh, the heirloom strength weapons are 2 handers, and all the one handers are agility (with a choice between swords, daggers and maces).

Low level its not a problem, really, my holy pala in non-heirloom cloth tanked while healing herself fine some low level dungeons back in wrath (even easier now), but later tanks have to choose between wearing tanking gear or heirloom gear. So its a choice between giving up their xp bonus or being @%@!ier at tanking.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
There's enough looms already, if anything they should ditch some of the looms
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Or maybe restrict the number of Heirlooms you could have equipped
Reply Quote
Considering there is a distict lack of tanks in the game, a heirloom shield could indeed be part of the solution.

Blizzard is already working on a fix with the Call to Arms system, but it's really a system to get those hybrids who are already level 85 to start tanking -- it does nothing for lower-levels.

A heirloom shield would encourage people to pick up tanking at lower levels, thus allowing them to get familiar with tanking mechanics when it's more basic, rather than at later levels when they have an approximate dozen tools, and allow the new tanks to gradually get used to the complexities of tanking.

Then again, I tanked my way through most of 1-60 without any noticeable problems created by gear -- it was only in Outlands and early Northrend I really noticed gear-related problems.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
18/01/2011 09:14Posted by Togarn
Draconian Deflector as a heirloom please!

No. We have far more heirlooms then enough already.

1 heirloom more wouldnt exactly hurt the heirloom tank set.
Reply Quote
25 Undead Rogue
Heirlooms are already destroying WoW, don't introduce any more!
Reply Quote
79 Draenei Shaman
17/04/2011 16:06Posted by Worm
Heirlooms are already destroying WoW, don't introduce any more!

I actually find Heirlooms to be the only real decent addition from Wrath onward, I agree that it spoils the leveling a bit, but then again, it's a truly optional feature unlike some others that people claim to be optional but they are not.
One that comes to mind is the LFD with associated teleportation. Optional? Not so much; If you do want to go old school on dungeoning, you'll find a group through the trade channel, but the "option" of you wanting to go on foot to said dungeon doesn't happen since the other 4 people can't be arsed to do so and just want to get it over with. I mean, lets be realistic, who's going to wait for you to grab that zepplin>flight path>mount up to the dungeon entrance jsut because you choose that option? The LFD isn't truly optional, it's a requirement these days whether people want to use it or not.

Heirlooms on the other hand are really your own single choice to "spoil" your own leveling experience without imposing it in other people. Having that said, I wouldn't condone if heirlooms were prohibited in battlegrounds in order to not force them in the PvP experience of other people that don't have or don't want to use heirlooms, for the sake of BG balance.

I'm sure Blizzard will introduce more, 'cause the majority likes them. The heirloom pants are already in game, just not available to buy/win. And if we think about it, a lot of the heirlooms are made after the tier 0 designs, the originals were removed leading me to think that eventually we'll have the full tier zeros in heirloom format, not much is left apart from boots, gloves, bracers and belts.

While I do agree that they spoil a bit the fun of getting an upgrade (because nothing blue that drops for those slots will ever be an upgrade) the valid point still stands that in a PvE situation, you're spoiling yourself out of challenge, making it trivial, but your choice isn't imposed on others.
On a personal note, I love the heirlooms for the fact that they make your character look awesome instead of wandering around in ragged clothes and looking like a rainbow with green gloves, red pants, blue cloak, yellow head and a purple chest.
Edited by Avataría on 17/04/2011 18:47 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
srsly there are too many people in bgs owning the !#$@ outta players. no more heirlooms please.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
When people say that they don't have an appropriate shield for a dungeon I am am inclined to just say just put on the best shield you have and do it anyway. If you have the chest and shoulder heirlooms it should not matter, as they give you enough of a boost already.

I like the heirloom system as it is. It is designed for levelling alts, hence the exp bonus. And each class has an appropriate weapon to take as well.

I think the reason people want this shield is because they see what other classes can have and do not think it is fair. For example a rogue may take 2 daggers and a bow, which is a much better combo than most classes may have.

However that bow was designed to be for hunters, and the fact that rogues can take it too is just a happy coincidence. It may be unfair, but that's just the way it is.

If the shield was added they would also need to add wands, relics and offhand, otherwise you would still have the same problem. Perhaps a better way to balance things would be to make the weapons class specific, for example making the bow just for hunters. Or they could limit the number of heirlooms a character can carry to 3 or 4. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
Community
We have a small update on this topic that we thought would be of interest to you guys.

It's quite possible that heirloom shields will be added to the game at some point in the future, but we can't quite yet make any promises on this. There are still a lot of considerations and decisions to be made, so it is by no means fully certain that we will implement heirloom shields.

Although I am sure that everyone would love to get specific details on how many shields may get added, what they might look like, what stats they would have, and how they can be obtained, the only thing that we can say with fair certainty is, in terms of pricing, they should be something you can work towards as a goal just like all the other heirlooms.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/06/2011 14:19Posted by Vaneras
Although I am sure that everyone would love to get specific details on how many shields may get added, what they might look like, what stats they would have, and how they can be obtained, the only thing that we can say with fair certainty is, in terms of pricing, they should be something you can work towards as a goal just like all the other heirlooms.

At the risk of sounding intrusive (lack of a better word), any idea whether or not the weapons/trinket and other heirlooms will be updated to 85?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
We have a small update on this topic that we thought would be of interest to you guys.

It's quite possible that heirloom shields will be added to the game at some point in the future, but we can't quite yet make any promises on this. There are still a lot of considerations and decisions to be made, so it is by no means fully certain that we will implement heirloom shields.

Sorry for that nasty question but why is that one such a big decision? Could it have any serious negative side effects when twinks have better gear?

I am sorry for my ignorance but the "missing shield" problem is exactly the reason why I haven't leveled another tank so far (even if I wanted to).

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
08/06/2011 14:19Posted by Vaneras
It's quite possible that heirloom shields will be added to the game at some point in the future

i dont realy hope that you are going to do that tbh it isnt fair that fully heirloomed rogues are 1 shotting ppl at 10-19 and lot lvl after that too, if you are going to put another heirloom in the game that would be realy unfair for those who wants to lvl normaly in bgs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/06/2011 15:26Posted by Darkmalijn
i dont realy hope that you are going to do that tbh it isnt fair that fully heirloomed rogues are 1 shotting ppl at 10-19 and lot lvl after that too, if you are going to put another heirloom in the game that would be realy unfair for those who wants to lvl normaly in bgs

Unfair yes, but unfortunately lower level BG's have never been balanced and will never be a major problem for Blizzard if they're unbalanced.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I think there are enough heirlooms for people to race their alts through the levels now. A shield would be unfair on all non - shield user classes. All other heirloon items have versions for every class/role. In order to create a shield, you would have to make a tank one, a spirit one, caster off hands, and what would 2- hand melees do?
Only heirlooms that everyone can get should be introduced i think, in the interests of fairness.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/06/2011 15:40Posted by Wrathella
and what would 2- hand melees do?

They already have double looms.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
08/06/2011 15:40Posted by Wrathella
caster off hands

Casters have the option of the caster staff, 2/4 tanks need a shield to tank.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
inb4 prot pala's running wild
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Honestly i think this problem would be kinda resolved if we change the looting system in random dungeons.

Make it instead of need/greed NeedMS, NeedOS and greed. And make it automatically that the specc your in is choosen as your mainspecc.

Then tanks will ALWAYS get their shields and wont need heirlooms that much....

Remember there been a time when heirlooms didnt exist at all and tanks leveled back then aswell.... without whining about +1 extra dodge or strenght.

So, lets fix the looting system instead and this problem would be way less important then after.
2 problems fixed with 1 solution. I should win an ammy for this one since mostly its 2 problems created with 1 solution:P

~Layzor
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]