How to spread the Worgen Curse

Hello. If you ever wondered "How do I give other people the worgen curse?" Or "I want to racechange my human to a worgen, but I don't wanna make a whole new story or make new friends after doing so". Well, then I have the answer: Drink a worgen's blood. Then, you will become a worgen. If you do not agree with me, I suggest you do the Forsaken questline in Silverpine Forest.

Hope this short thread have helped you in knowing that biting does not spread the worgen curse, but drinking the blood of a worgen does.
Reply Quote
Ugh... but in the starting worgen area there was nothing of that sort.

Oh well, I guess it's just Blizzard being Blizzard again.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
31/01/2011 9:28 AMPosted by Aldru
Ugh... but in the starting worgen area there was nothing of that sort.

aye. i missed being furry....those were the days....running naked at night without them noticing you really are naked....

Undeath aint no fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whatever lets the players regain their mind as worgen stops the infectious properties of the curse?
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
Teehee :P dunno why your wearing clothing and armour now..... just slip them off and let your will run free..... /roflmao....

Anyway.....

ive made a worgen quite alot....often....usually....sometimes.....OK i like worgens!!!
and ive Completed the Silverpine quests since i was too lazy to go to Sweet Sunny Kalimdor...
but...

I say its the Bite and Offering yourself to the Blood....
You get wounded by one the wound over time grows more irritating and more furrier i would think that its an Infection your forced on whether you like it or not...
They do try to cure you in the Worgen starting place when you got cute and cuddly

And i believe the Leaders in Silverpine were also forced the Curse because they were weak and surrounded by the Forsaken....
They were Refugees in Fenris Isle after all.....
So what would you do if you were scratched?
What would you do if you were reduced to only one choice?

Of course you would retaliate....naturally....but it will win over...

So in the summary im saying there are different methods of obtaining the Curse (( Maybe More)) but what ive learnt is and been shown is that sometimes you are Forced to pay for your stupidity, Bravery, Curiosity or even Nobility.
Edited by Vilesoul on 31/01/2011 10:14 GMT
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
<--- RP´s in Human form...so running around as a naked human ain´t fun ;P

Naturalists would disagree.....if you seen one and get my drift :)
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
In my part i didnt say i liked Worgen Girls to run Naked.....good idea though.....*Slapped*

Well im just saying that Naturalists would disagree.
Still.....Worgen girls eh.... taller.... last longer.... kidding.... right now some dumb hawny peeps think im:

1. A Pure Naturalist
2. A Furry Person
3. A Person who sits on Forums all day (( thats close )).
4. A Dumb hawny person cuz i said they were Dumb Hawny people.

I hope so anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
but in the starting worgen area there was nothing of that sort.

Ah, Erethas, it might appear that in Soviet Gilneas....

...no, I cannot bring myself to finish it. Ah, well.

Regardless, it would seem that both might be viable, and that the communication of bodily fluids is enough to make infection almost certain: Worgen bites, breaks skin, mixes saliva and blood; un-cursed human drinks worgen blood, mixes saliva and blood. Perhaps the "drink" offer was made in that it is less offensive.

"Want to stop the forsaken from raising you in undeath? Here's this great blessing. Just let me bite off the pinkie finger of every one of your refugees, and...." Instead, here is "Drink this potion made of worgen blood, and you too can take on these powers, retaining your sanity with the help of our eerie and mystical night elf allies."
Edited by Fyne on 31/01/2011 12:05 GMT
Reply Quote
Despite the hanky-panky we see above, it seems that there would at the very least be substantial worry in Stormwind about whether the curse can be sexually transmitted.
Reply Quote
Regardless, it would seem that both might be viable, and that the communication of bodily fluids is enough to make infection almost certain: Worgen bites, breaks skin, mixes saliva and blood; un-cursed human drinks worgen blood, mixes saliva and blood. Perhaps the "drink" offer was made in that it is less offensive.

Yeah, probably. I mean, if you wanted to turn into a worgen and you had a choice between drinking worgen blood, or getting clawed by a worgen, it would be pretty obvious what you'd prefer.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
It seems that a feral Worgen has a very high chance of spreading the curse via a bite, scratch or the ingesting of their bodily fluids.

Whereas a 'stable' Worgen appears to only be able to spread their affliction through offering their bodily fluids to others.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
31/01/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Barlowe
Despite the hanky-panky we see above, it seems that there would at the very least be substantial worry in Stormwind about whether the curse can be sexually transmitted.

They really ought to chop down those inviting forests right outside the gates in precaution. But then again, were-draeneis. It's too delightfully cheesy to deny.
Reply Quote
32 Worgen Hunter
31/01/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Erethas

Yeah, probably. I mean, if you wanted to turn into a worgen and you had a choice between drinking worgen blood, or getting clawed by a worgen, it would be pretty obvious what you'd prefer.
The needle.
Reply Quote
32 Worgen Hunter
Alright, I'll go on and take the analysis I made on this situation.

Once upon a time, there were elves and satyrs. Both the elves and the satyrs have what you call 'druids', being that can tap into their connection with nature. The elves used it for good, the satyr used it for bad. Eventually, the 'War of the Satyr' ensues. A small group of druids resolve to use the Pack totem. The Pack form is a totemic specialization that allows it's druids to turn into wolves and/or wolflike beings. (We are still waiting for confirmation on this.)

Now, it appears that from the point that the Druids of the Pack became worgen, they could spread their biological traits to other beings, like elves and maybe even the satyr(after all being corrupted elves). This was an undesirable trait and the worgen minds were locked up into a pocket dimension of the Emerald Dream, purposefully sent into a limbo of sorts.

Now, a possible explanation of how these druids could spread their curse is by means of two things. Firstly, they were feral creatures and the disease causes people to lose their mind, diseases being natural after all. Secondly, they aren't just feral, they are also connected to the nightmare and the curse is a manifestation of the Emerald Nightmare. And thirdly, all of the above; becoming feral equals being affected by the Emerald Nightmare.

This speculation is supported by the following quote;

The skies above the Nightmare are constantly clouded, creating a gloomy, depressing zone that weakens and deadens everything it touches. The beautiful green vegetation is twisted into brown decay, while ordinarily peaceful creatures are corrupted into shadowy, mutated versions of themselves known as Corrupted Ones. The Corrupted Ones are vicious and cruel, hunting anything they can, even after they leave the Nightmare’s affected zone.

Creatures twisted by the foul influence of the Nightmare mutate into evil, savage versions of themselves. The process can take minutes, hours or days depending on the creature, and some are never affected.

We know that worgens show the symptoms of these 'Corrupted Ones' and the ability to transfer their corruption doesn't seem as unlikely to me if you realize that the Nightmare is really so unpredictable and viral. That is just a theory of course.

However, what we should note is that before, worgen could not transmit the curse by their saliva. In fact, it seemed to cost some effort to transmit the worgen curse as I will explain below. What the worgens were capable of, though, is spreading a disease not unlike rabies. I think, and am quite sure, that this is the disease that affects Gilneans at first and are then cured from through alchemy, till they succumb again unless they are treated by the Druids of the Scythe.

Disease (Su): The saliva of a worgen carries a dangerous infection. When a worgen succeeds at a bite attack, the victim must make a DC 13 Fortitude save or contract a maddening disease. (Incubation period 1 day; damage 1d6 Charisma.)
As an infected subject’s Charisma drops, the victim slips deeper into a feral madness. This disease does not lower the victim’s Charisma below 1, and unlike normal disease, it continues each day until magically removed. The Fortitude saving throw is Constitution-based.

Now, Arugal found a way to take the Worgen Curse, which isn't much unlike the Satyr Curse and transfer it manually to other creatures. Supposedly, worgen magic wasn't stable enough to corrupt other beings fully while they were still bound to the ancient prison of the worgen. Arugal devised the 'Remedy of Arugal', also coined as 'Arugal's Folly'. He created bracers that stabilized the magics and enforced the transformation unto those that carry these bracers. In truth, they work the best at night, because the worgens are more powerful at night as well, but when strong enough, it can maintain the curse.

However, it seems that, after the Scythe of Elune was used, the barrier that prevented Arugal from spreading the curse completely, was weakened enough to let the curse spread on it's own again. This is how the worgen curse spread through eventually even Gilneas. This likely also explains how the curse was spread in the Wolfcult.

Finally, I'd like to conclude that the Scythe of Elune and Arugal's Folly share interesting parallels. The Scythe of Elune is mentioned to be able to spread the worgen curse to all of humanity and the elves. This makes it a very dangerous weapon, even a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Which begs the question as to why the supposedly peaceful Elune would be associated with such a thing to begin with. She did, after all bestow it upon Velinde Starsong as a way to aid the Night Elves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]