Registry Key - Can't Login

(Locked)

"Launcher requires write permission to the World of Warcraft Registry key to successfully locate and run the game. Please enable write access to the Registry key using an administrator account."

I'd be very grateful if someone could guide me through how to get rid of this glitch.

I just installed WOTLK and am wondering how I can get back on to WoW. Just to confirm - I am the only account on my XP with full administrator privileges.
Edited by Sneekybugger on 30/01/2011 23:56 GMT
58 Tauren Druid
I'm having the same issue now. Did this get solved yet?
Customer Service
Hi,

Did you install WOTLK over the latest client?
58 Tauren Druid
Fixed - open WoW from the WoW file, not the launcher and it will download the patch needed.

Now I just need to work out how to change the language.....
58 Tauren Druid
Thanks, already solved it. Any advice on changing my language to English?

Bought the game when I lived in a french speaking country and can't remember how I changed the language last time.
58 Tauren Druid
Nevermind... solved again.

>> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1549441845 <<
Hi Gelmkar,

Yes, I installed WOTLK without reading the info. I re-installed it and it is working fine now.

Customer Service
Great to hear :)
88 Tauren Warrior
i can't login what i must do about that mesage... loucher requires write permission to the wow registry key to locate and run the game. .. HOW can i use my adminisrator acound to fix this
85 Human Death Knight
need help ive tried uninstall, that doesnt work it says cant read. ive tried download game client and that freezes. any solutions for this registry key? by the way its windows 7 if that helps.
Customer Service
Hi,

When its requesting the registry key location, its normally indication that the game client corrupt, this is normally due to the possible use of a system restore.

This error may also occur if you are running the Launcher in some form of compatibility mode. Please right-click the Launcher (or shortcut), click Properties, click the Compatibility tab and then uncheck the Compatibility mode box.

Should this not help, then the only solution is to perform a complete clean reinstall of the game using the on-line client, or if you have the Cataclysm DVD you can install the game client from there and patch back upto the latest version.
85 Human Death Knight
thanks guys launcher now working :)
85 Human Death Knight
you know once you have downloaded client and you get into launcher, is it ment to download the whole version 4.0.0.12911 again?
83 Blood Elf Hunter
I have the same problem. But if i will reinstall the whole game from scratch, will I loose all my characters and data, or somehow it can be saved somewhere?
Customer Service
05/05/2011 13:28Posted by Aleanna
I have the same problem. But if i will reinstall the whole game from scratch, will I loose all my characters and data, or somehow it can be saved somewhere?

All this data is saved server side, you wont loose anything.
85 Night Elf Hunter
im new and dont really get it. im on widows 7 i got that registry prob when i installed WOTLK i get it that i hav installed patch 3.0 over the new cata 4.2 but so i un-installed the game but what now do i re install the old my old wow1 and burning crusade then just use the euthentication key at battle net i do i just install WOTLK
- WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Hi.

I would advise you not to resurrect old threads. It is generally frowned upon by the technical support staff here, as well as others. It would be best if you created a new thread describing your issues in detail. :-)

On the forum index, there is a button "Create Thread", use this and post your own thread stating what you have already tried to rectify it.
73 Tauren Druid
"Launcher requires write permission to the World of Warcraft Registry key to successfully locate and run the game. Please enable write access to the Registry key using an administrator account."

I'd be very grateful if someone could guide me through how to get rid of this glitch.

I just installed WOTLK and am wondering how I can get back on to WoW. Just to confirm - I am the only account on my XP with full administrator privileges.
Blizzard Employee
Please do not resurrect old threads.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]