New Warlock: PvP spec at low levels ?

20 Undead Warlock
I have just reached level 10 and have to choose a spec. I know there are other threads out there about PvP specs, but they are all about level 85 specs and I am asking specifically about low levels.

I intend to level up mainly by doing BGs.

What would be the best tree for BG PvP at early levels (12-40 for example) ?

Thank you

PS: I don't need a full spec, just trying to learn whether I should go for Affliction, Demonology or Destruction.
Edited by Tzann on 06/02/2011 10:06 GMT
Reply Quote
20 Undead Warlock
No-one has any advice to give?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would go with demonology for both good lvling and good at pvp at those low lvls.
Reply Quote
20 Undead Warlock
Thanks Artakindi ... can you tell me why you recommend Demonology ?

Also, would your advice change if I say that I am not too bothered about the levelling/questing aspect as I intend to level 80% of the time in BGs ?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I went with demonology without knowing anything about it other than the felguard, loved the spec really easy to level with.

And tbh its been OP in pvp so far

i tried destro for a bit at low lvl but instantly went back to demo
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
06/02/2011 3:27 PMPosted by Consecro
I went with demonology without knowing anything about it other than the felguard, loved the spec really easy to level with.

And tbh its been OP in pvp so far

i tried destro for a bit at low lvl but instantly went back to demo

Destro requires gear. You don't have it at low lvl. Demo is much more forgiving at low lvl. Felguard can solo somebody
Reply Quote
20 Undead Warlock
I went with demonology without knowing anything about it other than the felguard. And tbh its been OP in pvp so far

I must be doing something very very wrong then. I followed advice and took a Demo spec.

Between my first BG at level 12 and my last BG at level 18, my time in BGs can be summarised as follows:

Use my DoTs, Die, Rez ... Use my DoTs, Die, Rez

I am almost always bottom of the table for damage and kills (not surprising when I spend most of the BG rezzing !).

I have had a couple of good moments where I've been able to kill a flag carrier with DoTs, but otherwise I am just cannon fodder.

Maybe things will improve as I level up ? All tips and advice welcome !

PS: I am new to Warlock, but not to BGs. I have levelled a rogue, a paladin and a druid from 12 to 70 doing BGs and had considerable success and a lot of fun.

Reply Quote
25 Human Warlock
Hello, people say Demonology and I think that it is quite good, however Affliction trumps it.
Yes, the felguard is fairly OP and it is good but as you said you just die so quickly. With affliction you get:
    Better Self Heals

Nice DoT Damage

No Downtime to Eat or Drink

Fast Kills

And more. It's as simple as using the voidwalker for a tank (Sacrifice at level 28 as well) Putting your DoT's (Unstable Affliction - shares a DoT space with Immolate, Corruption, Curse of Agony) then Drain of Life.

Using this method:
I got out of the first 1-6 area in 12 minutes
I got level 10 in 55 minutes total played time
I got level 15 in 2 hours total played time (which is alright I suppose)

And I cannot wait to try this warlock out in PvP, I keep hopping between characters having numerous warlocks but never really getting far, though I am hopeful for this time!

All in all, it's your choice of what Talent tree you choose but I just wanted to share what I like about Affliction, and why I'm not turning away from it any time soon!

Oh by the way, if it shows my avatar as naked, i'm just mailing my heirlooms back to this character.

Have Fun,

A fellow levelling warlock
Reply Quote
25 Human Warlock
PS: I forgot to Mention, you should DoT up as many things as possible when fighting in PvE/PvP
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I haven't PvPed much at low level but from the small experience i have and from what I've heard warlocks are pretty bad at low level PvP. When you start you have to understand that low level PvP is REALLY bursty. Don't be surprised if you get one or two shotted by ferals and rogues a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]