“Apothecary Hummel, survivor of the Royal Apothecary Society purge, has started scheming again and word has it that he’s looking for a cunning way to quickly spread his dangerous mind-altering alchemical formulas throughout the populace. Working with those business savvy goblins, he seems to have created the Crown Chemical Corporation to launch in tandem with the annual ‘Love is in the Air’ celebration taking place across Azeroth.
Suspicious of the upstart company's overnight success, the Steamwheedle Cartel has decided to recruit any interested and foolhardy adventurers to begin investigations into the corporation's strange dealings. Perhaps the chase will eventually lead to a final showdown with Apothecary Hummel and his co-conspirators in their secret lair...”
It’s that bewitching time of year again, when NPCs and players alike go to great lengths to attract a better half, and the intoxicating smell of attraction carries on the wind… We’ve plenty planned to keep you amused this year, single or attached, so without further ado here’s a quick rundown of the major attractions;
- Decorations and Love Boats
- We’ll be adding some romantic adornments to all the major cities to set the mood, as well as putting on a private Love Boat service in certain selected romantic destinations for you and your chosen one to enjoy a scenic moment of alone time together.
Crown Chemical Co.
- The Crown Chemical Corporation will be setting up shop once again, ready to Peddle their wares and be generous with their quests to all willing to approach these lovely stalls…
For any of you real old timers, don’t forget that the format of this holiday has changed somewhat this year and last and that you’ll need to pick up your Lovely Charm Collector's Kit from everyone’s favourite scantily-clad flying Goblin, Mr Kwee Q. Peddlefeet, in order to begin collecting the Lovely Charms you’ll need in order to create Lovely Charm Bracelets and get your hands on those ever elusive Love Tokens!
- Whether you’re interested in trying to get to the bottom of the Crown Chemical Co.’s strange doings or not, don’t forget to pay Apothecary Hummel a few brief visits nonetheless… he and his Apothecary cronies have holed up in Shadowfang Keep (although the specific NPCs in the major cities should get you there much more quickly) and, if you can sniff them out and rub their noses in some sweet defeat, you should find yourself handsomely rewarded for your troubles!
That’s just a small snippet of the hearty array of delightful diversions on offer but, before we love you and leave you, here are the answers to some potential questions you may be having;
Q: How do I get these Lovely Charms then? I’m confused…
- A: As long as you have a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit on you, you should be able to start collecting Charms in the course of going about your daily business killing mobs that would normally give you experience or Honor.
Q: I just killed something, but I didn’t get one! Why you no love me?!
- A: There’s only a chance to receive a Lovely Charm with each kill – you didn’t think we were going to make it that easy, did you?
Q: So, how does the Apothecary Hummel thing work this year? Like the Brewfest and Hallow’s End bosses?
- A: That’s correct! Apothecary Hummel obviously has some loot himself, but when you complete the associated quest each day you’ll be awarded with a very special box… hopefully you’ll find your heart’s desire inside, as no swapsies of the contents will be possible between friends or party members!
Q: I don’t seem to be able to turn in the ‘A Gift for the Lord of Ironforge’ quest. They took my Magni, but I <3 him…!
- A: This has now been fixed!
Q: Ditto the ‘A Gift for the High Chieftain’ quest! RIP Cairne… :’(
- A: Also fixed!
Q: Why is my Heart-Shaped Box empty? That’s taking things to a whole new level of rejection!
- A: Actually, all the Heart-Shaped Boxes contain 24 Justice Points, so none of these containers of affection can actually be considered to be empty… If you’re receiving the message ‘There is no loot.’, that really only means there’s no additional loot this time around.
Keep trying though, as there are some lovely treats available for the luckier amongst you!
Q: Why can’t I get to Apothecary Hummel using the LFD Tool? It’s not there!
- A: It is now!
Q: I’m having issues with the vendors – apparently I can’t buy what I want because ‘You can’t buy the specified quantity of that item’. Help!
- A: Now fixed! No more scripts needed!
Q: I can't find a Bouquet of Ebon (or Red) Roses from any of the Cataclysm bosses. Why not?
- A: Sadly some of the Cataclysm bosses were being stingy this year. We have now had a word with them and they should now drop roses. Due to this update you might find that Northrend bosses may not drop the roses if you are of a certain level.
As always, we’ll be leaving this sticky open for the duration of this charming event so that you can ask any further questions, share your thoughts, sentiments, or romantic tales, and even report any potential issues that could threaten to break up the party earlier than planned! ;)