Resto Druid & Haste Soft Cap

85 Tauren Druid
Without buffs a resto druid needs 12.5% haste in order to get a fifth tick on rejuvenation. If you get 1601 haste, your character sheet will show 12.5% haste, but due to rounding you won't have enough. With 1602 haste rating or more, you have enough.

The soft cap is much lower if you are certain of a 5% haste buff in your raid. This may not deserve its own post, but others might want to make a note of it. I have (accidentally) tested on live with 1601 haste rating (no fifth tick), 1602 haste rating (fifth tick), and also (of course) 1603+...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Tnx didn't know this :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
07/02/2011 2:10 AMPosted by Cheatham
Without buffs a resto druid needs 12.5% haste in order to get a fifth tick on rejuvenation

I'd take 1602 Spirit anytime, over a "fifth tick on rejuvenation" :D

just saying...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
yes, but without gearing for haste (just reforging to it, if there is already spirit on the gear) i already sit on a good 1300. And that with my 'heroic gear'. I guess that last 300 is easily attainable ones you get into the higher gear stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
i always look for haste and spirit gear. i also reforge to haste (not spirit though, always crit or mastery) whenever i can. if you always choose spirit leather (and most have spirit on them) you would have enough regen when you start raiding. in my raids i usually have access to a mana tide or priest hymn of hope and in addition to my tricks, i don't have problems with regen.

i am now the prowd owner of a wild growth extra tick (2020 haste i think) without sp or lazor chikin buff which i reccomend everyone to get.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Without buffs a resto druid needs 12.5% haste in order to get a fifth tick on rejuvenation

I'd take 1602 Spirit anytime, over a "fifth tick on rejuvenation" :D

just saying...
Yeah, healing 25% more with rejuvination really sucks. Especially if you have to forge 300 spirit away in order to do so. Really stupid if you do that.

I hope you got the sarcasm.

PS: PvP is a different story.
Edited by Moofiretje on 07/02/2011 12:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ow and you might want to add https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuwcTdFIcJZydHZlY09wQTQ3UUxKZVJWa04yQ1ZsTHc&hl=en#gid=0
to your post. Its a spreadsheet with al haste breakpoints for R.druids.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
07/02/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Moofiretje
Yeah, healing 25% more with rejuvination really sucks. Especially if you have to forge 300 spirit away in order to do so. Really stupid if you do that.

Have you calculated the effect on the output healing if u got 1602 critt rating instead of haste?
If 1 proc of your revu critts, you'll heal about same amount as a extra tick. (I may be wrong there)

I prefer spirit and critt, but if you look @ the post's here, Blizzard is getting what they want.
They don't want one answer for what is best, they wan't us to have diferent opinions. That make us use more time, and makes it more interesting to play WoW.

They have written this in their post's, so this is what you ar getting eaven more of in the future.

*crap!*
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/02/2011 10:11 AMPosted by Bølle

Have you calculated the effect on the output healing if u got 1602 critt rating instead of haste?
If 1 proc of your revu critts, you'll heal about same amount as a extra tick. (I may be wrong there)

I prefer spirit and critt, but if you look @ the post's here, Blizzard is getting what they want.
They don't want one answer for what is best, they wan't us to have diferent opinions. That make us use more time, and makes it more interesting to play WoW.

They have written this in their post's, so this is what you ar getting eaven more of in the future.

*crap!*

so what you are saying is that you would rather depend on the rng than a sure thing. you know that a 50% chance crit (you won't get that) doesn't mean you get a crit every other tick. you might get all crits and you might get none. with a guaranteed extra tick you can much better estimate the amount healed on each aplication (regrowth, rejuv and wg) and not get a string of crits on a 70% health target and none on someone at 30%.

you are right, it might even out during the course of the fight. but in my opinion, haste is better especially reaching the softcaps because it is a reliable, predictable increase in healing output. and shaving 0.x off healing touch or nourish or even regrowth can mean the difference between a stain on the floor and a live tank/ dps
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Crit and mastery are crap compared to haste. Personally ill keep stacking haste at the expense of other secondary stats (spirit, crit, mastery) until i get 2004 haste rating

You can have your opinion, but that doesnt make it better than facts. There is no doubt whats better for resto druids whereas holy priests have this debate of wheater to get haste or mastery. But more to the point, if you arent stacking haste according to the hot breakpoints you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

173 crit rating required for 1% crit so 1600 crit rating gives 9.26% crit. BUT, when your heals crit they only heal for 50% more. So effectively you only increase your healing out put by 4.63%! Kinda crap.

Haste is better.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I used to be true sucker for haste on my Resto druid, preferring 15% haste at least for the extra ticks in most of the HoTs (and reducing cast time on Healing Touch).
However, after tinkering with Haste and Mastery stats a lot since Cata was released, I eventually went for full Mastery instead (with patch 4.06 in mind) as I figured that a lot of haste only shines better with high Crit rates.

My healing output when Mastery is triggered (I use Wild Growth a lot for that) appears to be more effective than the extra tick in Lifebloom, Regrowth and Rejuvenation.
The bigger the heals are when Mastery is triggered, the better Mastery shines (which will be a lot more in 4.06!). In other words: When a HoT is up and you cast HT, it heals A LOT better with high Mastery stats.

For example: Haste vs Mastery using my current gear (iLvl 347);

When mastery is triggered:
Each 3-stacked Lifebloom tick gives aprox. 1500 life, non-critical
Each rejuv tick gives approx, 2500 life, non-critcal (may crit for 4100 life)
HT takes 2.1 seconds to cast and heals between 18-20k
With 6.5% haste and 16% mastery I get 11 lifebloom ticks and 6 Rejuv ticks.

Each 3-stacked Lifebloom tick gives aprox. 1850 life, non-critical
Each rejuv tick gives approx, 4000 life, non-critcal (may crit for 6200 life)
HT takes 2.3 seconds to cast and heals between 23-26k

I left out Regrowth because I seldom use it (only when some1 is in an inch of dying), and I left out Wild Growth because the healing output is so low that Mastery hardly has any effect on it. In 4.06 when casting the 30% improved Wild Growth to trigger the 10% improved mastery will really make a big difference for Master-preferred builds.

I have tested both Haste-preferred as well as Mastery-preferred builds. I came to the conclusion that Mastery still gives better output for all purposes.
Edited by Restorius on 08/02/2011 18:18 GMT
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter

Each rejuv tick gives approx, 2500 life, non-critcal (may crit for 4100 life)
With 6.5% haste and 16% mastery I get 11 lifebloom ticks and 6 Rejuv ticks.

Each rejuv tick gives approx, 4000 life, non-critcal (may crit for 6200 life)

Are you saying that Rejuv heals for almost double (from 2500 to 4000) when you get 6% more mastery ? I think you need to check that again.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
That does not sound right @ all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That doesn't sound right indead. Perhaps he looked wrong, and checked the amount that was healed when you have the gift of the earth mother. Then 2.5k sounds about right (heals aprox 2750 for me).

Still I think he has a valid point. Mastery is getting underrated by a lot of druids.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You should never aim at one stat only. Just stacking haste or mastery is wrong if you ask me, you have to find a balance between those 2 stats.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/02/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Rund
You should never aim at one stat only. Just stacking haste or mastery is wrong if you ask me, you have to find a balance between those 2 stats.

we do have a balance: its called the 2004 haste soft cap to get another tick on the wildgrowth. after that feel free to put mastery or crit (4.0.6 it seems mastery wins, perhaps even in 25 mans). the only reason you wouldn't get the 2004 haste is if you are absolutely sure of a shadow priest or moonkin in your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
2004 is what you need when you HAVE a boomkin/SP or shaman. You will need 2745 haste if you don't have a boomkin/SP or shaman for the 9th tick of wildgrowth.

You need 21.43% haste for 9 ticks, so 16.43% without the 5% haste buff.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
09/02/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Moofiretje
You need 21.43% haste for 9 ticks, so 16.43% without the 5% haste buff.

The haste stacks multiplatifly (doesnt sound like a word but meh) and not just flat added on. Its slighty under 16% character sheet you need i believe but don't have the number off the top of my head.

Reply Quote
Well i think it depends on what role you have in raid and weather you go 10 or 25 man. Personally i gone for stacking haste (currently 2030) for the extra wg tick. Hopefully it will give even more throughput now with the cd lowered to 8 s and increased healing by 30%.

My role is raid healer in 10 man and as i see it haste for me atm is the best stat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]