why cant i fly about in these areas?

85 Night Elf Rogue
it seems i have decided to go for the explorer achievement but as it stands i cannot fly around the following places

bloodmyst isle
azuremyst isle
ghostlands
eversong woods

this is really irritating considering i have paid for the skills to do so and can fly everywhere else, does anyone think that cataclysm was a little rushed or did they do this on purpose
Reply Quote
24 Worgen Rogue
they're instanced and so they're still limited to ground mounts only.
besides, if u could fly there now, it'd look awfully messy and glitchy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Blizzard have mentioned this before and there has been threads about this.

The areas you've listed were introduced in The Burning Crusade and were not updated in time for Cataclysm. They would like to eventually have them working alongside the rest of Azeroth, but in the meantime you'll have to make do.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
The places you mention are technically part of the TBC areas and as such were not included in the recent flight changes to Azeroth.

They may be at a future date, but until then you can rely on your trusty ground mounts to speed you across these zones in search of your achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
its not a problem because i have discovered the areas now but it did have me pondering about it
Edited by Drillbit on 08/02/2011 15:50 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
It was a big job converting the old world and adding phasing and they just never got around to exodar and silvermoon, but they will eventually.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Hunter
08/02/2011 3:47 PMPosted by Taymi

No, they are NOT instanced - any more than the other outdoor areas, anyway.

The Death Knight starting area is instanced, however. Possibly the Goblin areas
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
silvermoon is beautiful! LET ME FLY!
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Warrior

No, they are NOT instanced - any more than the other outdoor areas, anyway.

The Death Knight starting area is instanced, however. Possibly the Goblin areas

Apparently, this fine lady has not seen the humungous green portal north of EPL.
Edited by Razlèth on 08/02/2011 16:44 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
08/02/2011 3:56 PMPosted by Cleoma
It was a big job converting the old world and adding phasing and they just never got around to exodar and silvermoon, but they will eventually.

One should of course never say never, but it is rather unlikely that we will make flying possible in those TBC starting zones.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
D'aw, don't be lazy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Whoa, your complaining about this?

I got the explorer achievment before cata and that requeired a lot of running around on ground mounts, exploring every zone by foot, took ages, get of yer lazy butt and just walk around the obviously hard to navigate non flying mount zones.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/02/2011 5:00 PMPosted by Korlad
May I ask why not? I'm not bothered by would just like to know :)

Obvious no? nobody really goes there, nobody really likes to look at the pretty art, and anyone who does can use a ground mount anyway personally I would love to see Eversong woods from birds eye view but not enough people want it, they just crowd round in the major cities and only emerge for ways to upgrade their gear.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

One should of course never say never, but it is rather unlikely that we will make flying possible in those TBC starting zones.

You guys should update it. Its kinda silly that this is the -only- place in the game now that you can't use flying mounts.

This is still an RPG, it makes no sense that we can't fly there.

I really hope you change your mind sometime.
Edited by Peacemoon on 08/02/2011 17:16 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/02/2011 5:09 PMPosted by Fawz

Obvious no? nobody really goes there, nobody really likes to look at the pretty art, and anyone who does can use a ground mount anyway personally I would love to see Eversong woods from birds eye view but not enough people want it, they just crowd round in the major cities and only emerge for ways to upgrade their gear.

Ever played on an RP server, say, Argent Dawn? Silvermoon and Eversong are FULL of roleplayers and we really enjoy the zone. I'd REALLY love to see flying enabled in the BC starting zones. Silvermoon in my opinion, is by far the most beautiful city in the game and lot going for it from bird's eye view. It just strikes me as a little bit "lazy" from Bliz's part, but if they've got a good reason for it, I'd like to hear it. >.>

And this is not from Explorer's POV. I simply enjoy the art and zones and I'd like to be able to get more out of them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't get why it was so difficult to do it at the same time.

Its not like you can't fly anywhere else on the Outland server, right?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
08/02/2011 4:55 PMPosted by Vaneras

Why not?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Have you guys ever tried to fly to Isle of QD ? It's not "physically" on the same server as Eestern Kingdoms.. (if you do try to follow the water side or something you start bending past the "old unfinished eastern kingdoms) and well if you look at ur map, you might be listed (your arrow) in the middle of "land" while in reality your in the ocean :)

It's same with tol barad. Try to go there from Vashir (fly north), the land isn't on the same server and while on the map your arrow will be on tol barad, the land isn't physically there and its just water..

So in short the reasons you can't fly is because then they would have to intigrate those lands on the kalimdor/ek servers instead of tbc.. and well that takes time and resources they felt weren't rewarding enough..
Reply Quote
08/02/2011 4:55 PMPosted by Vaneras

I'm rather sure that Blizzard stated (during The Burning Crusade) that it was rather rather unlikely (or even less) that they would make flying possible in the Vanilla world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]