Whiptail madness!

78 Undead Death Knight
Blizzard i don't know if you are aware of this or not the there is a huge problem with Whiptail!

The whole place is packed with herbs...
We have instant respawns...
Pll don't even move then just stay in some small inland and farm it.
Whiptail price down to 50g on my server...
Pll report that they can farm to 2000 herbs a hour or 100 stacks per hour.
I was chating with 10 pll farming and there was still enough...

I can't stress enough how important to nerf as fast as possible is.

There is already a huge impact on professions/markets that depend on herbs...
Some ppl are thinking to sell slow(this means a long term effect on the AH) allready.
Lichbloom and Icethorn are selling for more atm.

I just did a quick math that a bot will be able to gather 48000 herbs if he farms for 24 hours

Combines with the nerf in alchemy(lower number of herbs needed) this a disaster the market is full to the brim and there is no need for so many herbs.

Please nerf this until it has effects for months.

[Moderation: Please avoid ALL CAPS words in your thread titles.]
Edited by Wryxian on 10/02/2011 13:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or at least until the OP has sold the herbs he had in stock trying to ram up prices

btw: 24*2000 = 48.000 herbs
Reply Quote
78 Undead Death Knight
Or at least until the OP has sold the herbs he had in stock trying to ram up prices

btw: 24*2000 = 48.000 herbs

What do you mean with that?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I might just move to your server and farm some whiptail there. I can collect maybe 4 or 5 stacks in an hour maybe a few stacks more dependent on the time of day. But 100 stacks per hour, come on yer pulling our leg or as the poster above me says yer looking to sell your stock!

No nerf needed as far as im concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You didn't understand my math or just ignorantly denying the fact that you made this thread cause you're p***ed of because you now make less profit, from a previously bugged gathering proffession
Reply Quote
2000 herbs an hour?
I call BS.

2000 / 60 is 33.3 (reoccuring ofcourse) herbs per minute, or 0.5 herbs per second. Which means you would have to be picking up a herb every two second and getting 1 herb (all herbalism nodes have a chance to drop 1 - 3 herbs if I remember correctly).

Your post is flawed. Also, if you're going to use text-speak, at least spell the text-speak correctly ("ppl" instead of "pll").
Edited by Accord on 10/02/2011 12:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
farmed 15 min and had 6 stacks of whiptail.
The 100 stacks in an hour is exaggerated big time.

But still i was pretty happy after the 15 min of farming :)

And the herbs are just to damn expensive on the AH
Reply Quote

You didn't understand my math or just ignorantly denying the fact that you made this thread cause you're p***ed of because you now make less profit, from a previously bugged gathering proffession

To OP; 24 hours * 2000 herbs per hour = 48,000 herbs in total.
Reply Quote
23 Draenei Priest
Ok, maybe I'm stupid here but I don't see the problem. If you can pick 100 stacks per hour and sell them for 20G a stack or pick 10 stacks per hour and sell them for 200G per stack the profit would be the same. This goes for all profs using the herbs too. We just have to go towards volume to keep the gold coming in.

The only exception is if someone has invested heavily into a stock of some sorts, be it darkmoon cards or pots, and now sits there seing their profit go into a major loss.

Oh, btw, was in Deepholm last night on my main and got an almost full bag of herbs, half of it Heartblossom in just 1-1.5 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Nodame
Oh, btw, was in Deepholm last night on my main and got an almost full bag of herbs, half of it Heartblossom in just 1-1.5 hours.

Finally.. I can progress my herbers quests in that zone \o/
Reply Quote
23 Draenei Priest
10/02/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Xana
Finally.. I can progress my herbers quests in that zone \o/

Good point, my main has done every quest there so they may have done something about the phasing issue too.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
was just at the riverdelta for 30 minutes myself. got 300 Whiptail's and a good 107 volatile life out of it. so, 2k herbs is alot, but 600-700 depending on how many ppl is farming should be doable. cya later ;)
Reply Quote
78 Undead Death Knight
Ok, maybe I'm stupid here but I don't see the problem. If you can pick 100 stacks per hour and sell them for 20G a stack or pick 10 stacks per hour and sell them for 200G per stack the profit would be the same. This goes for all profs using the herbs too. We just have to go towards volume to keep the gold coming in.

The only exception is if someone has invested heavily into a stock of some sorts, be it darkmoon cards or pots, and now sits there seing their profit go into a major loss.

The problem is that no one needs 100 stack of whiptail or any other herb...they will buy like 10 because that what they need. Not 100...
For example one store may sell a tv to some dude for 1000 euro but it wont sell 10 tv to the same guy for 100 euro simply because he don't need so much
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

The problem is that no one needs 100 stack of whiptail or any other herb...they will buy like 10 because that what they need. Not 100...
For example one store may sell a tv to some dude for 1000 euro but it wont sell 10 tv to the same guy for 100 euro simply because he don't need so much

Problem with your example is... Does your TV get consumed on use?
Reply Quote

Why wouldn't you buy that much - that would make a hell of a lot of darkmoon cards & mysterious fortune cards. You could even trade the inks down to make glyphs if it was cheaper than low level herbs.

I'd buy 100 stacks without even thinking about it if it was cheap enough.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So? Herbalism is so good compared to the other professions, some cheap price wouldn't hurt.
And beside Alchemy has prices too high and needed a bigger nerf.
We have Flasks at 250g and Mythical Mana Potions at 30g each, these prices are impossible.
Edited by Regolen on 10/02/2011 12:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Indeed. At the moment prices on raw materials in general are completely retarded. I paid 37g for a raw Jasper just to be able to complete my daily jewelcrafting. And it's like this all over the board. Opportunists trying to make a quick buck on raw mats, and then they rage when we charge them 100 gold for a craft cause we had to spend 4K gold to level it
Reply Quote
78 Undead Death Knight

Why wouldn't you buy that much - that would make a hell of a lot of darkmoon cards & mysterious fortune cards. You could even trade the inks down to make glyphs if it was cheaper than low level herbs.

Its again the above example... how much darkmoon cards do you think you can sell?
When a Tv is worth 100 euro everyone will have one right, coz its cheap and stuff. At the end everyone that needs a tv will have one brand new state of the art tv so why the hell they will buy a new one?

Or in darkmoon cards: lets say there 100 ppl needing a darkmoon card and you make 200 cards...so what are you gonna do with the 100 left? I know there are more than 100 ppl needing cards ,but there are also other ppl selling...they too will have more cards that they can sell...so in the end there will be allot of cards that no one will buy....yet pll we want t sell the cards and start undercutting each other.
Meanwhile no one buy herbs to make darmoon cards coz there are far too much. This lead to even more herbs and even smaller cost.
Reply Quote
Gold needs to roll.
Reply Quote
23 Draenei Priest

I don't think that's true:

a) One of my alts is a scribe. If you know about that profession you also know about the enormous amounts of herbs needed for the roulette called Darkmoon cards. There are very few with the cash or time to actually do Darkmoon cards now. Also, ink is used for off hand items and relics.
b) Most players don’t flask up or uses elixirs/pots while doing 5-mans, or questing, anymore. Only a mad man would burn mats worth 200-300G outside raids.

The above will change for sure now that herbs are more available. People will make Darkmoon cards for themselves, their alts, their guildies and the AH. People will also start using health pots, elixirs and flasks outside raids again.

In the end I personally don't think us with a gathering skill will loose that much on this change.

P.S. The only ones I think got royally shafted by this is people that invested in Darkmoon cards and now sits there with a stock of unfinished decks with a tenth of it's previous value. I feel kind of sorry for them, they can’t really do anything about the situation. They need to do a lot of cards and they get a lot of doublets that they can’t sell. At least not at the AH. D.S.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]