An rp that made you nerd rage

90 Draenei Warrior
This thread had 1337 views before I clicked on it to post this.

Ha.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Nah its laziness they want the higher end items to look good without leveling and thats what is really sad about it they could make a far more believable farmer if they spent an hour getting a toon to Lv12 than if they make a DK and do an essey in flag about how they are not a DK.

This 1000 times.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Because some of them are not interested in starting from scratch. Some aren't that fast levellers, and even though it takes less than a week -for you-, some will inevitably be slower - they might, for example, be stuck at certain levels because they want to roleplay instead. So they take a shortcut. So what? It's their game.

this is a –game-. NOT a job, a chore, or a standing military order: A game. A hobby, for fun, to relax, to enjoy.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
29/03/2011 23:52Posted by Cleoma
We are on azeroth not the diskworld what works in one does not work in the other.

Wasn't quoting Discworld? (Never even read it to be honest) Its less 'import organisation from x setting' and more 'could be an interesting idea'.

Plus hey, the concept not working out ic could lead to fun conflict no?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
In terry pratchets discworld series there is an organization run by a zombie called reg shoe who protests for rights for the undead, your idea is pretty much identical and anyone who's read discworld would think you were copying that.

Besides that undead creatures have recently been the cause of most of the worlds suffering so you'd get very little support especially given that it was the forsaken that betrayed th orcs at the wrathgate, used the plauge in gilneas, experiment on innocent civilians, kill their own people etc...

There is just no basis for sympathy.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I know there's no basis for sympathy, which is why I'd find it kinda interesting i.e they're fighting a losing battle. Plus I don't know, there's ic basis for an undead to try it/Discworld can't of been the only book to of done it ever >.>.

This reminds me of the similarities between Fire Bringer and Watership Down for some reason.
Reply Quote
As for RP that made me nerdrage? Not so much nerdrage, but...

I remember very clearly an incident where Character A made a quip at Character B and Character C along the lines of "get out your handbags, ladies".

Player D then starts telling Player A off in our equivalent of LFRP-OOC, because apparently the term "handbag" doesn't exist in WoW. This scolding continues for a while, with Player D heading into ad hominem territory and ending with Player D claiming he was going to boycott Player A's guild, because they were obviously all lollers if they put up with Player A as their GL.

Really? Really, Player D? Really?

"Handbag"?

Really??
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I feel like I have seen this post before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Its the only example i know of and in the discworld universe being undead does not automatically make you evil and in the steaming metropolis of ankh-morpork people dont tend to care what you are aslong as you dont poke your nose in their business.

In azeroth though all undead are evil even the forsaken due to the things they've done to forge their own territory and keep it, and unlike the discworld there is no humour to be had when your rotting uncle knocks on your door late at night only terror.

Also in thralls horde the undead were already equal and treated as such it was the forsakens own actions that earnt them the distrust they now suffer.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Having a Death Knight walking into the tavern I'm trying to run.
After asking for a drink my char told him several times to leave, since we weren't open.
Spits and insult my Blood Knight, starts a fight inside the tavern with her closest friend, getting killed inside the tavern eventually.
Just to get ressed the next day, showing up with his hive to beat up her student. And yes this included trying to summon Ragnaros inside the tavern as well.

Most fun part of it all. The Death Knight wields Sulfuras ICly, almost summoned the half Burning Legion, old drinking buddy of Archmage Vargoth and is the brother of Grand Magister Rommath himself.

And still not getting why we simply cannot allow him anymore inside the tavern. IC and OOC.

It made me wanna hit the desk with my face a couple of times.
Edited by Miyanna on 30/03/2011 22:22 BST
Reply Quote
I can't recall ever meeting anyone who wasn't a complete failure pull the "not a DK IC", course I suppose there can be a few good ones out there, just like there appearently are a few good dragon roleplayers out there.

Most folks I meet that roleplay High Elves anyway are usually failures too (again, there''s exceptions, sure), rolling DKs for blue eyes and claiming they were in Stormwind and Theramore w/e just earlier that day and are totally with the Alliance while walking around Silvermoon or Undercity or wherever with growth potions and randomly wtfpwning people with DK powers.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
A half-dragon half-high elf who apparently has nothing better to do than walk around Silvermoon in a revealing outfit getting drunk and screwing random guys. I wish I was kidding.
Reply Quote
26 Human Hunter
Having a Death Knight walking into the tavern I'm trying to run.
After asking for a drink my char told him several times to leave, since we weren't open.
Spits and insult my Blood Knight, starts a fight inside the tavern with her closest friend, getting killed inside the tavern eventually.
Just to get ressed the next day, showing up with his hive to beat up her student. And yes this included trying to summon Ragnaros inside the tavern as well.

Most fun part of it all. The Death Knight wields Sulfuras ICly, almost summoned the half Burning Legion, old drinking buddy of Archmage Vargoth and is the brother of Grand Magister Rommath himself.

And still not getting why we simply cannot allow him anymore inside the tavern. IC and OOC.

It made me wanna hit the desk with my face a couple of times.

This post made me facepalm, you try and claim that you run a tavern, seriously? It's a public building and you have no control over who comes in and who doesn't.
Edited by Zackrok on 31/03/2011 19:32 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
oh let us say.. I say three words... "argent dawn server"
Don't blame me.. I saw it with my own three eyes..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
31/03/2011 19:24Posted by Inuka
A half-dragon half-high elf who apparently has nothing better to do than walk around Silvermoon in a revealing outfit getting drunk and screwing random guys. I wish I was kidding

What flight Is she from, I shall contact the father Immediatly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wanna hear what makes me nerdrage the most !%!!ing thing of all? When we have a guild rp and our leader tells us not to rp with just 'THAT' Player. Thats what i hate :() And its my best friend i cant rp with :() And i like the guild so much :() But... the guild leader still makes me rage!! Rage even more than illidan and deathwing :P *Throws comp out of the window* I once did that cuz he made me rage so much... -.-.. :() (( Lol its fun to do :() xD ))
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Cerihar... Friends > Game. always remember this.
Reply Quote
01/04/2011 15:35Posted by Cerihar
Wanna hear what makes me nerdrage the most !%!!ing thing of all? When we have a guild rp and our leader tells us not to rp with just 'THAT' Player. Thats what i hate :() And its my best friend i cant rp with :() And i like the guild so much :() But... the guild leader still makes me rage!! Rage even more than illidan and deathwing :P *Throws comp out of the window* I once did that cuz he made me rage so much... -.-.. :() (( Lol its fun to do :() xD ))

Do you think that it was a good idea to post this on your main?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I rage at people without respect for life. People who would without a doubt fire their pistol at a stranger like it was nothing. Violent RPers in general kind of make me rage. Like if I'm having a conversation with a person, then I say something that ticks him off and he automatically pull out his gun, pointing it at me. Which leads me to a third point, which is disregarding the guards. In the middle of a street in Stormwind you can't just pull out your sword(lol) or summon demons, undead or your raptor pet. Do you think a city guard would let a freakin' dinosaur walk around in the city?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]