Atramedes 4.0.6

85 Draenei Shaman
Good day fellow raiders/PvE'ers

After patch 4.0.6. the guild I am in of course resumed normal raiding and we ended up at atramedes yesterday evening. We downed him once before, last week to be exact after 10 ish tries. I myself was assigned to the "gongs" because of instant ghostwolf.

This week however some really strange things were going on, and I'd like to find out if they are:
1) bugs introduced in 4.0.6.
2) balance changes introduced in 4.0.6.
3) we suck and we got lucky last week

Basicly what was happening are these things
1) people jumping up in sound by values of 20 or 60 in a matter of split seconds, while they are standing in correct spots, no were near fire or sound discs
2)modulation is adding 12 sound (should be adding 7?)
3)roaring flame breath moves much faster and does MUCH more damage (we think, see issue 1 since often times people died to devastation by maxed sound)
4) using a "gong" does not reset your sound/instantly generates 25 sound?
5) using sound discs and sonic breath literally at the same time

Of these issues we know 4 and 1 were the dealbreakers, since we actually got trough 2 air phases and then 2 of our healers and 2 dps suddenly got max sound and died. The others are annoying but nothing we can't fix with proper coordination and practice.

Anyway, wondering if people experienced similar problems
Regards
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
my thread from yesterday:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1701760434

we too experienced drastic increases in peoples sound....sometime randomly while they were not hit by anything
sound waves moving much faster
sound bombs in air phase adding way more sound than before
sound waves and breath attack on ground happening at same time
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hello there,we tryed him last night,i have killed this boss a lot times but what is the most strange.is when boss get on like between 20-30% all gongs left just disapear...???

Olso sometimes after he reach ground phase,when he land he start with chasing me with same fire like from air phase for a couple seconds,but this doesn't do always,in couple of tryes he did..?? any got any answer?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Hello there,we tryed him last night,i have killed this boss a lot times but what is the most strange.is when boss get on like between 20-30% all gongs left just disapear...???

Olso sometimes after he reach ground phase,when he land he start with chasing me with same fire like from air phase for a couple seconds,but this doesn't do always,in couple of tryes he did..?? any got any answer?

Whenever you ding a dong he will do a fire line between his current flame position and the dong that just got hit.

And to the other thing, they have hotfixed so the gongs doesnt respawn anymore, so you only have 8 of those(More or less not sure) so I guess you ran out of them.
Reply Quote

1) people jumping up in sound by values of 20 or 60 in a matter of split seconds, while they are standing in correct spots, no were near fire or sound discs
5) using sound discs and sonic breath literally at the same time

jup, we had the same :)

11/02/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Mudang
3)roaring flame breath moves much faster and does MUCH more damage (we think, see issue 1 since often times people died to devastation by maxed sound)

Dunno, we had no problem with roaring flames, but they might have been indeed faster, they followed me with like +100% buff (same speed as my sprint, and i am talking about last ~10 seconds before his landing)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
problems/bugs we had with atramedes:

-some players' soundbars not resetting (or even decreasing at all) after a gong, someone said this would be an interface bug, though

-sprint abilities useless while being chased by the flame during air phase: regardless of soundlevel, the flame would just instantly gain the same amount of speedbuff the chased player got, making sprints actually contraproductive due to way more fire in the room but zero yards gained

-flame and raidwarning (Blah chased by flame yalla) during air phase sometimes had some..."communication difficulties" when a gong was used:
person a being chased by flame
person b uses gong
raidwarning "person b chased by flame blah"
flame spawns directly in person c, and then proceeds to cross the room to get to person b

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was a relief to finally get a patch that'd fix all the bugs introduced with Cataclysm, but it's only made things worse. Now Atramedes and Chimaeron are both un-doable for most Guilds thanks to them being broken.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Im happy with the new changes, but ive been doing it on heroic though.
Atramedes air and ground phase was a living hell pre patch, it was impossible to do it without somewhat exploiting it.
Those discs bouncing everywhere, it was pure chaos.
After nerf its alot better, think the sound values for normal are bit mixed up. Maybe it has the same values as heroic?

And @ mimim, chimaeron got hotfixed since it was a bug. (just like cho'gall insta kill at end)
Edited by Thargix on 12/02/2011 18:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
12/02/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Mimim
It was a relief to finally get a patch that'd fix all the bugs introduced with Cataclysm, but it's only made things worse. Now Atramedes and Chimaeron are both un-doable for most Guilds thanks to them being broken.

didn't do chimaeron this week yet so I dunno, but atramedes is definitely doable even with those bugs we had (was our firstkill this week and we're not elite/hardcore/amazing/whatever)
after bashing our heads against this encounter with one gong per airphase + dedicated flame kiter tactic we tried the following:
we had everyone spread out during groundphase so no more than two people have to move during breath so we could do more damage.
as soon as he lifts up everyone moves to the right/left side of the room and keeps moving near the gongs (still spread out as much as possible) until someone is being chased.
everyone avoid every sonic mine/bomb/thingies and stops dps if necessary to do so.
person that is being chased clicks 1-2 gongs her/himself when needed running around the outer ring, ret and holy pally and me would bubble/block at last moment causing the flame to switch its target.
got the *@%%er down to 2,4mio the first time we tried that tactic but had no gong left for one last searing flame due to one wasted gong when someone needed help during air phase and we had two people simultanesylkkaslkjd (you get the idea :p) hitting a gong...
killed him the next try, wasn't pretty but dead dragon = dead dragon :)
Edited by Doremi on 12/02/2011 19:13 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Basicly what was happening are these things

I have not noticed anything like that. You are aware that there are things which can easily result in 60 sound gained in an instant, right?

2)modulation is adding 12 sound (should be adding 7?)

Modulation adds roughly 10 + (current sound / 5) sound. In other words sound gains are increased by the sound you already have. At least on heoric mode - on normal it's probably the same.

This is true for some other abilities as well.

I also haven't seen any other bugs you are describing. What I did see though was Atramedes continuing to target a player with the breath from the air phase even after the air phase ended.
Edited by Dayle on 12/02/2011 20:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
coudl someone report this problem to the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/ section?
The french one is quite...slow to react and i haven't create an IG character on the english realms =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Considering our guild had this fight down and had 3 kills of him under our belts already, we were a little shocked yesterday.

Firstly, the sonic breath seemed a bit peculiar, hitting people not actually in range (i do have my graphic settings up to full so i could see people were clearly out of the range), Secondly sound was Jumping at rediculous levels, making things damn hard for our healers.

Another problem was the breath in P2 catching up with people who had speed increases, our shaman in ghost wolf form got caught up with, a paladin with the speed increase sparkle AND rocket boots got caught up with.

The fight just seemed horribly bugged, I don't know whether it was intended to step up the difficulty (which i doubt), or if it is just broken.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Didn't notice any difference with Atramades before patch and after patch at all. Did him on 10 man normal.
Reply Quote
It's a test of individual skill more than anything. We've done him before and after the patch, normal and heroic version and never have I heard anyone in our guild say "Damn sound didn't reset" It sounds like a a bad excuse.

If someone dies from high sound it's their personal failure and nobody elses. Except the tracking beam, you need some priests for that.

Fight isn't broken in any way shape or form.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Did him 2 days ago with fewer attempts and new people so I dont c a problem in killing this boss atm.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Nobody is disputing the boss being killable, however there have definitely been "changes" to the fight, and that is what is being discussed. We to have killed him before and after the patch, doesnt mean the fight wasnt different.
Edited by Musserbravo on 15/02/2011 12:51 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Atramedes has always been annoying and buggy. He frequently does 90-100k damage, before mitigation, with modulate (make a mistake and take 2 searing flame ticks then this = people die), and many times the air phase breath will kill anyone without speed buffs by simply spawning on top of them and killing them (from 100%) before they can get out of it even if they're running when it spawns. We frequently see people who have gotten hit by nothing other than modulate die from having too much sound after only 2 modulates.

We usually oneshot every boss in BWD ('cept nef, obviously), but this guy we wipe on 2-3 times every week due to random annoying features/bugs.
Edited by Spoiledchild on 15/02/2011 13:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
15/02/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Musserbravo
Nobody is disputing the boss being killable, however there have definitely been "changes" to the fight, and that is what is being discussed. We to have killed him before and after the patch, doesnt mean the fight wasnt different.

QFT. Had we had one more attempt the other night we woulda downed him, but we had only spent ~3-4 attempts on him. Sure he's still downable as musser says. I Just want to know if his current behaviour is intended or if he is actually bugged.
Edited by Beldanor on 15/02/2011 14:41 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid

As for chimaeron, We got the achievement this week.
(another note: During fued, chimaeron becomes "unhittable" by some spells... prehaps this was so he was unable to be pushed into the kiting phase while fueding)

During feud everyone gets hit with the Caustic Slime debuff which reduces hit chance by 75%(?). Are you sure this isn't what is making him "unhittable"?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]