Failed to download information about the next patch.

85 Gnome Mage
Check your network connection.

Hello, I've been having the same problem wednesday with 4.0.6 but I managed to get the patch at a friends house.

My server just got downed for an update and I have the same problem again. So how do I fix this?

My firewall is disabled, WoW & Launcher are allowed to run...
I checked my internet settings.

Acefire
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Running stuff in Administrator mode?
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hi Acefire

Can you go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options> Connections> LAN settings and make sure that you Select Automatically Detect settings.

And make sure that you haveUse Automatic configuration Script and Use a Proxy server not checked.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I'm getting this issue too.

I've tried what you suggested with Internet Explorer and it's made no difference, I'm still getting the problem.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
OK if that's not working, can you try to patch in Safe Mode with Networking?

A guide to rebooting into this mode is here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=22633
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I just tried that and still receive the same error. "Failed to download information about the next patch."
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Can you try going to your World of Warcraft / Data / enGB / folder and open your realmlist.wtf file with a text editor, and make sure it reads as follows:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I have checked, and it does contain exactly that text.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I am also having the same problem, it happened when i tried to update between the previous version and 4.06.13596. it just suddenly worked after running a repair but i have run 3 now and it just says there are no problems, i followed all the instructions and tried pretty much everything that is advised

Edit:
I tried switching off my firewall and running the repair but it still came up saying

"failed to download patch information. Check network connections"

surely if the repair tool is able to run as it states "This program requires an active internet connection" then the game is able to connect to the internet??
Edited by Wrathbringér on 12/02/2011 11:19 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
even tho i have internet connection, it says check your internet connection cant download the patch... please help???
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
As always with wow downloads for me the only way it works is to dissable any firewall and run in admin mode.
Sometimes i have to use the repair function too.

I suggest if you have not already tried it you dissable any firewall you have
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
my firewall is disabled i tried repairing it too... I was playing it fine yesterday night but after this patch this problem appeared... I mean we are paying tons of money to this game and cant get even a reply that they are working on this issue... I (obviously) have internet connection and whenever I open WOW it says check your internet connection, its not about downloading the patch, i cant reach the download screen... it closes itself automatically...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I just don't understand how the repair tool is able to access the internet and run to check the wow program but the downloader is unable? I tried running the wow.exe and it said there was a patch required to play so it is able to connect to the internet and I can't see where or what the problem is?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
thats what i dont understand either, launcher doesnt work and i tried starting the game from .exe too but because of the patch it goes back to the launcher and i get the same problem saying that i should check my network connection... repaired, restarted, did everything written above but no luck...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
i had this too done what blue man said and worked fine make sure your internet explorer isent set too offline, sorry for bad english
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I've tried all of that and it still isn't working.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
it really isnt working... and still no reply from an official... thank you blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
is anyone even looking into this?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ZbN
no they are busy partying and spending our payments for the game...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]