plaese pickup your loot - you local LW's will love you

as i am writing this i have just passed over the swamp area in tolbarad, and what do i see? about twenty dead crocolisk. I become very happy at this point, only to be severely dissapointed to find out that none of them can be skinned. It strikes a nail into my heart that the skin is so close, yet is going to be wasted just because someone only looted the specific quest item.
this is a plea to all those out there who may think that, well its only the quest item you need, but loot the corpse fully anyway. you'r local leatherworkers will love you
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I usually loot any corpse, but dont' you think you're too lazy? I mean, something is talking about party/raid (and I'm with you), another is "loot those corpses, the leather is mine, whoever you are!". I may decide not to let you skin them, why should you when you'll sell the same thing on AH, maybe to me too?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
as i am writing this i have just passed over the swamp area in tolbarad, and what do i see? about twenty dead crocolisk. I become very happy at this point, only to be severely dissapointed to find out that none of them can be skinned. It strikes a nail into my heart that the skin is so close, yet is going to be wasted just because someone only looted the specific quest item.
this is a plea to all those out there who may think that, well its only the quest item you need, but loot the corpse fully anyway. you'r local leatherworkers will love you

How does it go to waste? YOU didnt kill the mob and they respawn so fast that it doesnt matter if they are left because YOU could kill your own and not need to wait for respawn times

Not once have I ever been thanked or loved for looting my own corpse, and it's lazy people like you, and other leather workers who follow you around (ESPECIALLY those following..but do they lift a finger to help kill?) waiting to skin that is the whole reason I WON'T loot them

Selfish? I think not, what I do with MY mob is up to ME. It's selfish of you skinning MY mob and not giving me any money that you make from MY mob
Reply Quote
the leather that i loot atm i make into stuff to equip for my guild or my friends but thats beside the point.

personally i have set my options up for autolooting anything that i rigthclick on and sort out the stuff later (even on my non-LW alts), after all the useless stuff can usually give a couple of gold. this method takes one click, where the not autolooting method is taking two. im not saying that you should absolutely loot EVERYTHING you kill, but seeing 10-20 corpses at one place kinda makes me sad.

dont misunderstand me i do kill loads of things for the skins, but i dont understand why people dont fully loot their kills
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I actually have auto loot on, I however shiftclick loot where skinners are nearby watching like vultures.

Sometimes I need leather, I'm not prepared to kill a mob which they do no effort in killing, skin my mob, and sell me MY leather back to me at OTT prices on the AH.

Not once has a skinner ever come up to me and thanked me, paid me, given me leather or anything like that, so no, I will not aid them in gaining a profit from my own work.

If you want leather, kill the mob and skin it. It's quite simple is it not?
Reply Quote
so you are only anoying the skinners because you can?

i have sometimes thanked people becuase they took their time looting their stuff - even typed a /ty to a horde now and then. i have sometimes helped out with their killings aswell - the faster it dies the faster i can get the skin.

personally i use the leather for crafting stuff for guildies and alts atm - even if i was one of the vultures selling it on the AH, wouln't it be benificial to you? supply and demand - the more leather theres on the auction house, the cheaper it is.

if you are on a skinner then its your skin, but i cant see why you should annoy other skinners if you're on a character who cannot skin.

besides if you run a "sell grey stuff" addon the other things on the corpses can auctually give you a small amount of money. after a while the small amount grows to a lot as every little item you sell give som money
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
This thread seems to pop up every week or so. Are all skinners that frustrated and lazy? I got autoloot on and don't care if you skin, but that's my choice. Just be glad there are good spots (like TB crocs) for you to get access to more skins in the same amount of time. If people don't loot it all, they must have a reason for this.
The more threads I see about this the more I actually feel like not auto-looting in those spots anymore lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
13/02/2011 7:24 PMPosted by Spamz
Are all skinners that frustrated and lazy?

yes, yes we are. its free and we wants it, ma precious...

Its like your girlfriend saying she doesnt want chips and then stealing yours,
& cos the free ones dont have calories either.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Rogue

i have sometimes thanked people becuase they took their time looting their stuff - even typed a /ty to a horde now and then. i have sometimes helped out with their killings aswell - the faster it dies the faster i can get the skin.

personally i use the leather for crafting stuff for guildies and alts atm - even if i was one of the vultures selling it on the AH, wouln't it be benificial to you? supply and demand - the more leather theres on the auction house, the cheaper it is.

if you are on a skinner then its your skin, but i cant see why you should annoy other skinners if you're on a character who cannot skin.

besides if you run a "sell grey stuff" addon the other things on the corpses can auctually give you a small amount of money. after a while the small amount grows to a lot as every little item you sell give som money

I dont care if you thank people or not, its MY skin, I'll do what I want with it, and I've YET to meet ANY skinner who says thank you, nothing more to it.

Supply and demand? It HELPS me that you sell me back MY LEATHER from MY MOB? No, get real.

I'm annoying you because I don't loot MY mob? Don't care plainly put. Skin YOUR OWN MOBS, and stop LEECHING of others.

I don't care how much those greys add up to...a nice 20g? Great, and? It fills my bags full of crap and I guarantee I could make money faster via the AH. I can make 20g in 1/s from something on the AH, it would take me 10x that to sell all the junk in my bags sifting through it. The only one losing money here is you, not me. I'm not fussed about a pathetic amount of gold from grays. That's your problem, not mine, if you don't like it you can kill your own mobs and skin them.

I don't aid greedy people, and all this topic is about is "me me me me me me me" I.E - Greed. You want the leather? Sure..work for it. It's not my place to fund you. End of discussion. If you don't like it, well that's really NOT my problem.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
13/02/2011 5:30 PMPosted by Shandow
you'r local leatherworkers will love you

and what good will come out of this love for us?
Untill you made this thread none of us even knew you existed...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
AoE
I actually have auto loot on, I however shiftclick loot where skinners are nearby watching like vultures.

Sometimes I need leather, I'm not prepared to kill a mob which they do no effort in killing, skin my mob, and sell me MY leather back to me at OTT prices on the AH.

Not once has a skinner ever come up to me and thanked me, paid me, given me leather or anything like that, so no, I will not aid them in gaining a profit from my own work.

If you want leather, kill the mob and skin it. It's quite simple is it not?

That.
Reply Quote
75 Human Death Knight

I dont care if you thank people or not, its MY skin, I'll do what I want with it, and I've YET to meet ANY skinner who says thank you, nothing more to it.

Supply and demand? It HELPS me that you sell me back MY LEATHER from MY MOB? No, get real.

I'm annoying you because I don't loot MY mob? Don't care plainly put. Skin YOUR OWN MOBS, and stop LEECHING of others.

I don't care how much those greys add up to...a nice 20g? Great, and? It fills my bags full of crap and I guarantee I could make money faster via the AH. I can make 20g in 1/s from something on the AH, it would take me 10x that to sell all the junk in my bags sifting through it. The only one losing money here is you, not me. I'm not fussed about a pathetic amount of gold from grays. That's your problem, not mine, if you don't like it you can kill your own mobs and skin them.

I don't aid greedy people, and all this topic is about is "me me me me me me me" I.E - Greed. You want the leather? Sure..work for it. It's not my place to fund you. End of discussion. If you don't like it, well that's really NOT my problem.

Do you know the parable of the dog in the manger? Generally thought of as reprehensible.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Bad example with the tolbarad crocs. They respawn so fast, by the time you re done skinning one, a new one is already on your ass.

Anyway go kill your own stuff. If I let you get leather from my kills is because I am being nice, not obliged.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Holy moly Sahji, do you really get this mad over such a thing? I'd urge you to watch out and take care or you'll die of an heart attack soon but, I'd probably get replied with "It's my heart and I'll kill it if I want to" :)

13/02/2011 5:45 PMPosted by Sahji
How does it go to waste? YOU didnt kill the mob and they respawn so fast that it doesnt matter if they are left because YOU could kill your own and not need to wait for respawn times

Well, it goes to waste because it could have been used but it isn't, isn't that the definition of waste?

Anyway, I would understand your reaction if the op had claimed the inherent right to skinn beasts killed by others. He just did a request, was polite in doing it and, acording with what he said, he didn't stalk anyone, he just got to a place and the dead beasts were already there.

As for the thanks and such, I'd guess my experience just varies, I saw skinners following me and helping me kill the mobs. I even had one that I asked to sell me 10 rugged Leathers and he just gave them to me (but, I usually try to be nice with them)
Reply Quote
Izirul you seem like a very horrible human being and it's quite grave that something so trivial such as a virtual leather skin infuriates this much, were you an only child by any chance?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
13/02/2011 7:12 PMPosted by Shandow

No, I'm annoying the skinner because I'm killing the mob and he just stands there, waiting for me to finish. I'm fine with you getting the leather, but mind throwing a spell or something like that instead of just waiting for me to finish the job for you for your FREE skin?

TL;DR: I'm annoying the skinner because he's annoying me by standing there and waiting for free loot.
Edited by Znufflessd on 15/02/2011 10:26 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
If on my own I happy kill stuff loot and move along on my merry way not giving a damn what happens to the poor unfortunate animal I just poked in the eye for a quests sake.

BUT!
If i have a skinner following me and skinning away without even making any effort to even help me kill the mob I leave something on the body. Screw em. Work for a living u scrubs cos when I go to the AH for a leg enchant do I see them any cheaper, like hell I do.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
As a non skinning leatherworker I always fully loot the mobs. Anything to increase the supply of leather in the AC is good for me.
Often I whisper to the skinners and they sell me the leather at a good discount.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Something to think about:

An unlooted corpse will stay visible for about 5 minutes or more. I'm not sure exactly.

A looted corpse will usually be skinned within a minute if there's a skinner nearby.

The great majority of corpses are getting autolooted, you're just seeing the same unlooted corpses stick around longer.

PS - If you're a skinner, strategically use not-looting to make sure your kills get skinned by you instead of anyone else nearby.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Two of my toons are Skinners, with one also being LW.

First, I don't like skinners who just stand there. I will get my own kills and skins as well as other ppls leftovers.

Skinning is a slightly better moneymaker nowadays, but still a less profitable profession when compared to mining and herbalism.

I don't understand ppl who kill a croc (for instance) and only loot the quest item. Crocolisk Tail, which drops 1 out of 2-3 kills is worth at least a couple of g. This however accounts for every beast killed.

The comment, work for a living, is ridiculous. A leg enchant (Charscale in this case) costs 1 Pristine Hide (plus the fire) which is 10 Heavy Savage Leather which again is 50 normal Savage Leather. 50 skins takes about an hour to collect. When you do your own killing, 2 hours.
Taking into account the collection of Volatile Fire, it takes 2-3 hours to gather mats and create 1 leg armor which sells for 750g (at my realm). 250g per hour is a lousy "salary" when considering profits made by herbalists and miners.
Edited by Stonemason on 16/02/2011 11:23 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]