plaese pickup your loot - you local LW's will love you

86 Human Paladin
Ok I concider my skinner as a cleaning service...
I clean all those dead mobs for you! Imagine you parents/husbands/wives running in your back and having a glance over your shaulders. Would you not rather have them see the nice scenery of WoW instead of an endless sight of dead animals!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
as i am writing this i have just passed over the swamp area in tolbarad, and what do i see? about twenty dead crocolisk. I become very happy at this point, only to be severely dissapointed to find out that none of them can be skinned. It strikes a nail into my heart that the skin is so close, yet is going to be wasted just because someone only looted the specific quest item.
this is a plea to all those out there who may think that, well its only the quest item you need, but loot the corpse fully anyway. you'r local leatherworkers will love you

...No-one seems to have read your post, mate. They seem to be under the impression that you're demanding something or whining.

I feel exactly the same: Disappointed to see something I could have skinned if only more people would loot the lot. Neither of us are cursing and having a tantrum, merely thinking "if only..." and your "plea" is somehow misconstrued as an entitlement whine. Shame.

No-one's obliged to loot the lot, but your point that "you'r local leatherworkers will love you" stands and people are free to explain here why they don't but it strikes me as odd that the replies were so disproportionate so early on.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
as i am writing this i have just passed over the swamp area in tolbarad, and what do i see? about twenty dead crocolisk. I become very happy at this point, only to be severely dissapointed to find out that none of them can be skinned. It strikes a nail into my heart that the skin is so close, yet is going to be wasted just because someone only looted the specific quest item.
this is a plea to all those out there who may think that, well its only the quest item you need, but loot the corpse fully anyway. you'r local leatherworkers will love you

once blizzard fixes the twilight jasmine phasing bug ill start looting leather wearing animals..

talk to blizzard for a herbalism fix .. until then we will kill animals that can be skinned and leave loot in em.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm one of those who usually doesn't care. While I was levelling this alt to 85 in the last few bars, I was killing the dragons around twilight highlands for a quest and noticed this hunter was just following me. Given that my spec and use of weapons was pretty messed up at the time it took me usually around 10 seconds to kill a mob, maybe more instead of the 4-5 a wellspecced and correctly geared type would've. Now I wouldn't have minded if he was doing his own thing and then skinned my own corpses aswell but he didn't. He just waited there. Sometimes I had 5~ mobs by accident and had to use cooldowns and such, he still just hovered above until they died and i had looted. I told him to either help out or go kill his own and I was insulted to no end for my apparent selfishness in asking him to not be such an obvious leech.
Reply Quote
Apparently there are some cases where skinners have acted really badly eg. stalking and such.

However, polite skinner makes sweeping paths over the area of skinnable mobs and avoid tailing any particular player in the field. In addition, one should not go skin dead mobs when the killer is still standing there. It's rude if you ask me. It's the skinners' job to make themselves as neutral and invisible as possible. I like to think skinners as the clean-up crew who makes other people's mess go away ;)

So remember, good skinner is not seen, and neither are the skinnable dead mobs :P
Reply Quote
I usually loot as the junk is vendor fodder & loose change, until recently, when a skinner nearby asked if I could loot the corpses as he wanted to skin them.

Upon saying my bags were full as had been herbing, as they usually are, he asked, two or three times, if I could delete something from my bags, the cheek!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I am a skin leech, there I said it.

Oh wait or am I? Let me think.

I normally stick my pet on to help a kill if nearby, whilst I skin another corpse.
If there is say Mage building a big pile of corpses I wait till they run off, like they need help with a kill ;).
I never run to the feet of a quester and ninja in front of them.
As for asking people to loot, how rude.

Maybe I am not a leech...I will macro a /ty to my skinning now as I do feel a little ignorant about it for not doing it before.

There are different classes of player in wow and not all paly in a polite manner.
If it was a case of herbs, ores and skins only came off killing mobs and then converting the corpse it would be different. Who remembers Bog Lords and stone elementals, the mechanic is already there.

At the moment the only high mats are herbs and skins. Ores have plummeted unless turned into dearer bars.
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
Two of my toons are Skinners, with one also being LW.

First, I don't like skinners who just stand there. I will get my own kills and skins as well as other ppls leftovers.

Skinning is a slightly better moneymaker nowadays, but still a less profitable profession when compared to mining and herbalism.

I don't understand ppl who kill a croc (for instance) and only loot the quest item. Crocolisk Tail, which drops 1 out of 2-3 kills is worth at least a couple of g. This however accounts for every beast killed.

The comment, work for a living, is ridiculous. A leg enchant (Charscale in this case) costs 1 Pristine Hide (plus the fire) which is 10 Heavy Savage Leather which again is 50 normal Savage Leather. 50 skins takes about an hour to collect. When you do your own killing, 2 hours.
Taking into account the collection of Volatile Fire, it takes 2-3 hours to gather mats and create 1 leg armor which sells for 750g (at my realm). 250g per hour is a lousy "salary" when considering profits made by herbalists and miners.

So what you're saying is, we should work for you, because of the time it takes to make a leg enchant.

How about no.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
after my own experience with skinners and being one i see the potention in slacking and stalking, but i also know the frustration when im not on a skinning char. i think skinning should be alowed by only the person that is allowed to loot it ^^
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
The Day bliz remove's Auto De in dung's allowing other to benefit for free from my Enchanting, ill begin to Care about looting for others to skin for free from my kills
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Here's the thing

If I loot them and you an Alliance came by and Skin then, then I'm helping the Alliance and the Warchief will gut me, now A horde might skin them then I'm helping the Horde.. yet getting no profits for my kills

So no I will not fully loot skin able mobs when I'll either gain Death or Nothing at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]