Professions to 535?

85 Undead Warlock
Today, a guy has linked his Enchanting Profession, its cap level was 535.
I didn't see it neither on patch notes nor any website;

http://i53.tinypic.com/2rneflw.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Belf racial
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
He was blood elf.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Belfs have +10 enchanting racial, so instead of 525 it shows 535. If a gnome with Engineering maxed linked their engineering you would see 540 instead of 525, since they have +15 engineering racial.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
13/02/2011 9:06 PMPosted by Jambience
?

The blood elfs have a racial bounes to enchanting of 10 points like gnomes have a bonus to enginerring and dreanei have a jewelcrafting bonus
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
so, what its used for?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
13/02/2011 10:15 PMPosted by Jambience
so, what its used for?

you can learn stuff quicker, seing as you'll start at 11?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
You start at 11, you learn things quicker, and use much less gold on materials/much less materials overall, letting you save gold and get to the profit threshold easier.

It's more useful than it looks, really. Apart from that, there are no other "special" things about having more than 525/535 in a prof (apart from the achievement issue).
Reply Quote
75 Human Death Knight
To my way of thinking, the crafting racials are worthless if you want to get to the normal skillcap, and costly if you want to achieve your theoretical maximum ASAP.

My reasoning is that the racial just lets you skip the first howevermany points of the skill, which are the cheapest and easiest to level. If all you care about is being able to get to a high enough skill to buy and make the best Twilight Highlands recipes, the +10 only counts at the beginning.

Having that extra cap isn't a problem, if you're not after getting there ASAP, because in the lifetime of the expansion you'll probably make some extra gear that will get you your extra few points to be at 535/540, but if you are racing to 'the top', those last 10/15 points might cost you the mats for a few top-end recipes that you wouldn't otherwise make.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
It actually seems to make it a lot easier to level Cade, since the point at which you stop getting skillups for an item appears to be based on the base profession skill, without the racial bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Aye, it makes it easier to level said profession, if an item normally grays out at say, 425 skill, you'll have it gray out at 435 instead.
For this reason, you can skip out on the materials for the last 10 or 15 skills, as they tend to be very expensive early on in a expansion.
Later on you can skill the last bit when it's cheaper, or just wait until next expansion when you actually need to skill (and skill on lower level materials for longer etc).
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
14/02/2011 12:50 AMPosted by Cade
Having that extra cap isn't a problem, if you're not after getting there ASAP, because in the lifetime of the expansion you'll probably make some extra gear that will get you your extra few points to be at 535/540, but if you are racing to 'the top', those last 10/15 points might cost you the mats for a few top-end recipes that you wouldn't otherwise make.

Duskhoof is right about this. For a Belf to go from 500 to 501 (random number used as an example) he will be using what everybody else used to go from 490 to 491.

Even if that said Belf is in the race for the profession cap achievement, he will use those expensive recepies to go from 525 to 535 that we all had to use to go from 515 to 525
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If this isn't racism, I dont know it anymore...hahaha. ;p
Unluckely I am on all my 5 chars, so all the proffs, an undead also, so screwed whole the way.

Ah well, it's worth it for being an undead. :))

ps. (un)luckely I see the reasons and profit also just now, but already skilled all to 525, so whatever. At this point it doenst matter anymore.

Thanx for the explainations all, was also wondering & cheers!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I'm not sure why you don't get the achieves for maxing out your professions until they're fully maxed, including the racial bonus, rather than just reaching 525 like it says in the description. I doubt I'd have bothered if it weren't for the Darkmoon Faire.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
10/02/2012 14:21Posted by Coggie
I'm not sure why you don't get the achieves for maxing out your professions until they're fully maxed, including the racial bonus, rather than just reaching 525 like it says in the description. I doubt I'd have bothered if it weren't for the Darkmoon Faire.

It actually says "Obtain 525 skill points in a profession.", not "Obtain 525 skill in a profession.". Since you start at 16 skill in engineering as a gnome, 524 skill points later you're at 540 skill.

One reason for it being like that can be that for the Realm First! feats in a new expansion, anyone with that profession bonus would be at a gigantic advantage, since they would need 20% less skill points and the ones they'd need to get would be easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]