WoW is dying...

I am no amazing games developer but, I've been playing online games for a long time and I love them. There is one reason I always move between different MMO's and that is because of neglect.

Right now I am trying to stay involved in Cataclysm but, you guys are contradicting yourselves majorly. You have stated many times you want to get rid of heavy grinding and yet I see the majority of your systems are going to take longer at obtaining materials, money and other currencies resulting in much more time investment.

If I want the best enchant on my weapon I have to grind out 10k gold on my server because of the mats. I also have to grind honor if I want to participate in pvp and this honor takes a long time, the main reason being because horde Queues are now broken taking up to 30 minutes to get into a random battleground. To make that even worse on me you took out skirmishes which kept me sane and helped me enjoy myself until the BG queue popped up.

The new expansion and all of its bugs have resulted in major deflation of players in certain realms. The lack of attention to certain realms and battlegrounds have also caused this, including Cruelty lost all of its spanish servers from being able to do arena or rated BGs within the battlegroup.

Your website is barely working a lot of the time and this has been since release yet, barely any change and im sorry excuses do not work in this context at all. Error codes, no 3D models yet you could just try to embed the wowhead models or even better give them the website they seem to run it better.

I am not involved in a lot of the raiding at the moment since I don't have the time but, guys feel free to join and let me know what you think of PvE since the start of cataclysm.

Do not dress this game up making out the zones are nice quests are interesting because these things are temporary and the end game involved aspects play a huge part in this.

One last dig for my sake, why did you make mages easier? Shatter combo's no longer feel vital and my damage seems really ridiculous.

I know this will probably get ignored or dismissed in some way, shape or form. I just hope something gets through and people listen, I really want skirmishes back because im wasting 30 minutes of my time for a queue to pop which i sometimes miss. Also the fact you made honor grinding one of the worst parts of my life when I really want to be involved in PvP. You are just making wow life worse with all these small things building up blizzard, 10 million players in TBC wasn't it? Surely 20% increase does not resulted in an extra 6 hour long ticket wait for a GM and then a stupid reply that has nothing to do with the question you asked? Do you guys even read the survey? Oh wait theres more, why the hell did you make Tol Barad and Wintergrasp random selection rather than first come first serve? Another wait for naught I can't wait for this to improve or when I replace this game.

85 Human Warrior

Right now I am trying to stay involved in Cataclysm but, you guys are contradicting yourselves majorly. You have stated many times you want to get rid of heavy grinding and yet I see the majority of your systems are going to take longer at obtaining materials, money and other currencies resulting in much more time investment.

If I want the best enchant on my weapon I have to grind out 10k gold on my server because of the mats. I also have to grind honor if I want to participate in pvp and this honor takes a long time, the main reason being because horde Queues are now broken taking up to 30 minutes to get into a random battleground. To make that even worse on me you took out skirmishes which kept me sane and helped me enjoy myself until the BG queue popped up.

QQ more because you cant get the best stuff instantly? jesus.

Your website is barely working a lot of the time and this has been since release yet, barely any change and im sorry excuses do not work in this context at all. Error codes, no 3D models yet you could just try to embed the wowhead models or even better give them the website they seem to run it better.

Websites been fine for me since i started in november or whatever, and i check it everyday. Whnever i get an error code i wait a minute, or even just refresh, and its fine. And nothing about them not having the best website graphics means things are going down hill ..

Do not dress this game up making out the zones are nice quests are interesting because these things are temporary and the end game involved aspects play a huge part in this.

Just because you dont spend time reading quests lines fully instead of the objective like most.. and reading sites forlore etc associated with quests and NPC's doesnt mean other people dont. Ofcourse zones are temporary, duh, thats the point in levelling, you dont give any suggestion as to what would make it better.. yet more QQ over nothing.
85 Undead Rogue
I'd say they have to give something new to the table after cata, an i don't mean another expansion but rather a brand new mmorpg... wow just has to go after this one. Way too many things blizz did with it were needless and not very smart (speaking of those rediculous hp pool's, insane healing and so on...) Prolly PVE part of the game i great, but pvp is absolutely screwed since 4.0 ... all in all, wow era is slowly getting close to an end.
85 Goblin Shaman
About site: armory has had some major issues, refreshing (a few times) usually fixes this, can't recall any issues with the forum or other parts of the site

I am not involved in a lot of the raiding at the moment since I don't have the time but, guys feel free to join and let me know what you think of PvE since the start of cataclysm. [/b]

PVE is pretty awesome I'd say.

Dungeons: the increased difficulty compared with previous expansion has weed out quite some dorks, or maybe it's just me being lucky with lfd. If you run with a premade group you still can't sleep while clearing the dungeon, when you use the lfd you get the extra boost that covers up for possible slackers / newbies. Overall I find most dungeons enjoyable with interesting fights.

Raids: Most of the fights feel right to me. Again quite some interesting mechanics and overall a decent level of difficulty compared to ICC. Judging from the Top raiders their comments (i.e. those who go for the world first hc kills), there have been quite some bugs with the early heroic raid modes, however this was mostly annoying for them and not so much for the rest of the crowd. Also according to them: the consensus seems to be that this has been the most challenging raid content ever.

Downside: my own spec (ele) not being in a very good shape, but thats a whole other story.
Edited by Zënga on 23/02/2011 03:07 GMT
23/02/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Phena
[quote]PVE is pretty awesome I'd say.

I have noticed that dungeons do seem improved in a way, I like some of the new mechanics in some of the dungeons and I do like what I'm hearing about raids so far.

Thanks for the mature reply rather than an insult.

As for the armory, I am just annoyed they haven't done anything with it the whole time generally. I am not stating its a massive flaw that needs urgency it's just an example added on top. Blizzard isn't just one person it is multiple teams in multiple departments with a lot of money, one person who organises queue coding won't be working on the mechanics for the next raid, the guy working on the website won't be balancing out classes for the next patch. I do hope people see where I am going with this.
23/02/2011 2:12 AMPosted by Phena
I know this will probably get ignored or dismissed in some way, shape or form.

As it should be, if only because you used a ridiculous title for your post that clearly has no bearing on reality. MMOs with playerbases a tenth the size of WoW's are still running after 10 years and yet you seem to think that your opinions on the latest expansion of Wow = its dying. So you undermine your own work at the outset, which is a shame.

Also the fact you made honor grinding one of the worst parts of my life when I really want to be involved in PvP.

The honour grind is one of the reasons to do PvP. Much like PvE, you want to progress to get better gear, which means a certain degree of repetition.

Oh wait theres more, why the hell did you make Tol Barad and Wintergrasp random selection rather than first come first serve?

I see your point here about TB and WG, but is the character selection really random or is there something behind it we're not seeing, like class balance or role balance or something else? I admit that on the surface it does seem odd to be in the queue early and not get a slot compared to someone who queued recently, but that doesn't mean it is completely random.

But I agree it does suck to not make it into the fight.
85 Undead Priest
No
85 Gnome Mage
Nothing lasts forever. WoW will die sooner or later.

imo it will be when Diablo 3 comes out.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think his concerns are very true. And all players paying for this game with money and life time is entitled to some kind of success experiences. Its moving towards a game where you have to spend an extraordinary lot of time to be successfull...and ofc those who do that doesnt want that to change - hence call it qq. An expression used WAY too much btw in wow.

I dont like the way wow has moved. Its no longer a peacefull friendly place and an escape from the stressed real life. Its a copy now, or even worse.

10/10 for OP.
85 Dwarf Paladin
you guys are contradicting yourselves majorly

Not really as the signs were there even before the expansion came out:
Cataclysm:
Noun.
1. A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.
2. A violent and sudden change in the earth's crust.
3. A devastating flood.

Personally, i don't particularly like all of the changes that have been made but, rather than QQ about it, i'll just bide my time until something i deem better comes along.
The dramatic change in honor grind is my point, I know you have to do battlegrounds etc. but, in comparison to previous patches and honor changes this expansion has made it hugely time consuming.

They had planned for HKs to be the priority in BGs for honor, this also increased the likelihood of participation within the BGs. This has been completely dismissed in the new expansion making it so that winning the BG is a team effort, for yet a lone grinder like myself it is not likely to be achieved so easily. Stability in gaining honor and gaining justice in and valor points is completely different. When you play through a dungeon you get the set amount, when you play through a BG it is all dependant on how your team has done against another team which is hugely unstable when grinding on your own.
Edited by Phena on 23/02/2011 14:06 GMT
Wow isn't really dying imo. I think old school players are getting bored with it. Also has alot of negativity in society. People think you are damaged if u play the game and such, but there are new players loggin in every day and its a great game, but im tierd of it myself, every expansion is the same in a different costume, so playing the game is like grinding.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This'll be the 216 time Ive seen such a topic.

Fantastic...I can't reply seriously to such things anymore.
23/02/2011 2:04 PMPosted by Hammerstein
you guys are contradicting yourselves majorly

Not really as the signs were there even before the expansion came out:
Cataclysm:
Noun.
1. A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.
2. A violent and sudden change in the earth's crust.
3. A devastating flood.

Personally, i don't particularly like all of the changes that have been made but, rather than QQ about it, i'll just bide my time until something i deem better comes along.

I understand what you mean, I never usually QQ but I would rather see this game being ran better. When my subscription runs out I dont plan to renew it and I will be playing new upcoming games that take my interest. I dont mind the unbalance of classes but, its the fact they were meant to be making things easier and then when this expansion came there comes a huge wall with it in the way that I play personally. Not enjoying the prejudice from people sorry if you guys are offended at my rant but, if you dont like it don't read it and get the heck out of my thread I don't have time for perdantics.
23/02/2011 2:06 PMPosted by Phena
They had planned for HKs to be the priority in BGs for honor, this also increased the likelihood of participation within the BGs. This has been completely dismissed in the new expansion making it so that winning the BG is a team effort, for yet a lone grinder like myself it is not likely to be achieved so easily.

HK grinding in Bgs has been something complained about frequently over the years. The concious design decision to make the bulk of the reward focus on winning th BG over HK grinding makes sense for the purposes of the PvP model Blizz wants to pursue.

Not that I wouldn't rather have the days of world PvP back, but for the model of PvP we have now, this decision is preferable to HK farming in BGs.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not enjoying the prejudice from people sorry if you guys are offended at my rant but, if you dont like it don't read it and get the heck out of my thread I don't have time for perdantics.

Exactly! what im so tired of too and what WotLK and even more CATA is encouraging. If you dont play it my way you are doing it wrong!...who the *beep* are people to enforce you to play it a certain way. Its not the same good game anymore.
The railway is placed...follow it, use 10 hours a day, or you're are useless. Doing it wrong. And complain about the situation ? only reply you get is you're qq'ing.
Seems to me wow is creating and encouraging sociapatics now. What game do you think one could try Phena?
85 Night Elf Warrior
WoW is dying?!

My god...Medic!!

How many of these topics are there going to be?

These times, they are a changing

You just have to Go with the flow
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]