Cancel Flight!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello there!
Let me start by saying: I wasnt sure were this would belong, but ill post it here anyhow...

Anyway here is my Idea (Probably been thought of before now, but i didnt find anything with the Search box)

A Cancel Flight Button!

It could be right were the "Return to Graveyard" button is when you're dead...
We've all done it... you know it, I know it...
You get on a Flight Path and think to your self "FU.... um.. Darn, I meant to go elsewere!" So you have to log out, then log back in again, which works, but is a pain if you have to do it each time, waiting for wow to load :\

At the moment, when you choose a Flight point, the gold doesnt come out of your bag straight away, each FP you pass, a little is taken from your bags, until you reach your destination!

We could have it, so if you click "Cancel Flight" a confirmation Dialogue opens to stop accidental clicking! :)

Please leave comments! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Been wanting something like this for ages now. I support the idea.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Been said alot in the past i don't think it will be implemented any time soon to be honest, Anyway we can fly anywhere now with "Flight Masters License" So why not use the trusty mount :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Good idea. I sometimes use it if I want to go AFK for a minute. It's faster to fly myself though so if I get back before I get to where I'm going I'd rather carry on flying there myself.

However what I tend to do now is higher than the zone, point in the direction of where I want to go and hit auto run and go afk for a few minutes. Can result in death. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You don't have to quit the game, just type /camp. That'll take you to the character selection screen and you can go from there. If you get back to your character it will still be in flight but now it will stop when it reaches the first FP along the route.
Still not perfect but faster than restarting the whole game.
Reply Quote
26 Orc Hunter
That would be very nice feature.
Reply Quote
47 Blood Elf Warlock
It would be cool if you could have a jump off button like you have in those flying quests and you float down to earth in a parachute :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
21/02/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Abigorwyn
It would be cool if you could have a jump off button like you have in those flying quests and you float down to earth in a parachute :)

I think it should be without a parachute.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
21/02/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Dottíe

I think it should be without a parachute.

Obvious suicide attempt is obvious.

Like the idea with the button!! :D
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
You don't have to quit the game, just type /camp. That'll take you to the character selection screen and you can go from there. If you get back to your character it will still be in flight but now it will stop when it reaches the first FP along the route.

She didn't say quit the game, she said relog... which is exactly what you said ;)

But I agree with the idea. Often hopped on a gryphon for a long flight and then realised that I'd forgotten to do something important.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
21/02/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Cheesyfeet
Often hopped on a gryphon for a long flight and then realised that I'd forgotten to do something important.

Like choose the correct location to fly to. I do it all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like the idea of hopping off in mid flight, but it should only be available to people who already have the option of flying there on their own mount. Otherwise low level characters could use it to get somewhere they couldn't normally get without dying a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I used to jump off the zepplin from Orgrimmar to thunder bluff to get to Crossroads with a low level character, I don't know if you still can, you didn't need to use slow fall or anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Great idea , I support it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Sort of nice, but I don't think I'd ever use it myself. I always afk or alt-tab while flying so wouldn't notice if I flew the wrong way :p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I like the idea, if you cannot jump off mid-flight - at the very least it would be nice for the flight to stop at the next nearest stop that is on route to the original chosen destination.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Hello there!
Let me start by saying: I wasnt sure were this would belong, but ill post it here anyhow...

Anyway here is my Idea (Probably been thought of before now, but i didnt find anything with the Search box)

A Cancel Flight Button!

It could be right were the "Return to Graveyard" button is when you're dead...
We've all done it... you know it, I know it...
You get on a Flight Path and think to your self "FU.... um.. Darn, I meant to go elsewere!" So you have to log out, then log back in again, which works, but is a pain if you have to do it each time, waiting for wow to load :\

At the moment, when you choose a Flight point, the gold doesnt come out of your bag straight away, each FP you pass, a little is taken from your bags, until you reach your destination!

We could have it, so if you click "Cancel Flight" a confirmation Dialogue opens to stop accidental clicking! :)

Please leave comments! :)

use a mount and fly in straight lines between point A and B.. something that payed flights still cant do :P
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Rogue
would be great for those of us who can't fly yet:)

I like the idea sometimes i look around and would be great if something spots my fancy i could just jump of and investigate.
Reply Quote
82 Human Priest

Nice. Been playing since pre-TBC but didn't know about this. We should have one of those threads again: "Useful stuff that a lot of people don't know about."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
21/02/2011 2:43 PMPosted by Alteria
I like the idea, if you cannot jump off mid-flight - at the very least it would be nice for the flight to stop at the next nearest stop that is on route to the original chosen destination.

Thats exactly what i meant! :)
I didnt word it that way however :P

Mithknight: What if your pre-level 60 and dont have a flying mount? :)
Im always levelling one character or another, so am using Flight points alot of the time :)
Edited by Phoenixa on 23/02/2011 05:55 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]