Players spell effects in raids.

85 Dwarf Warrior
At the moment especially in 25 man raids there is so much spell effects from players, ground effects especially, that it even covers up boss mechanics entirely.
These effects are on theyre own pretty, and also not a big problem, but when 7-8-9-10 different ones stack up then its pretty annoying and far from pretty.
A marker on the ground where a boss mechanic will hit is not of much use when its covered with 10 layers of player effects.

Also different trinket effects, proc effects etc are way overdone when it gets many of them like in a big raid scenario.

Those effects should be toned down drastically or a interface option to tone down or turn of other peoples special spell effects.

As its now its just way to annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Can't agree more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
22/02/2011 11:59 AMPosted by Liight
or a interface option to tone down or turn of other peoples special spell effects.
this
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
It exists, its called "projected textures" i believe. Down side, it turns off all your ground effects not just yours/theirs. But you will at least be able to see "Pillar of Flame".
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
22/02/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Gulamodir
It exists, its called "projected textures" i believe. Down side, it turns off all your ground effects not just yours/theirs. But you will at least be able to see "Pillar of Flame".

Is that only player effects or does it include the NPC's?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that warning texture on the ground gets turned off aswell if you uncheck projected textures, so its not a solution

anyway, I can only second that there are WAAAY too many spell animations around at the moment, sure it makes the game look pretty, but the amount of them now in the game is simply retarded, especially if you're a melee trying to spot absolute zero texture in between resto druids and preists aoe circles on the ground around you, death and decay is another one

IMO they should pop for a second at full opacity, and then fade out very quickly, so that players can still see and memorize the area, but would be able to see encounter specific textures much more easely
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Efflorescence is the worst.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Projected Textures does turn off a lot of boss effects as well. Or at least it did in WotLK.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
yes projected textures turns off a lot of boss ground effects, so turning it off would be quite silly.

there definitely needs to be an option to disable ground effects from others, i find the death knight ones to be the most intrusive
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I pretty much rely on the GTFO addon these days as it provides an audio warning rather than trying to see something under all the crap on the ground.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
22/02/2011 3:12 PMPosted by Aximand
I pretty much rely on the GTFO addon these days as it provides an audio warning rather than trying to see something under all the crap on the ground.

not always the best appraoch, since half of those warnings are only triggered by you taking damage from said ability, where as you should be moving before the first bit of damage
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Agreed !

i've several times failed by standing in the fire, but not noticing to the the massive amount of spell effects by the boss.

At first it was: "ohh pretty", but now it's pure annoyance..
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

not always the best appraoch, since half of those warnings are only triggered by you taking damage from said ability, where as you should be moving before the first bit of damage

Most of the "INCOMING SUDDEN DEATH" attacks have a warning triggered by the boss emote or some other means. There are different levels of warning from "Your toes are on fire" to "GTFO NOW!!!". Seems to work most of the time as long as I pay attention.
Edited by Aximand on 22/02/2011 15:23 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just had my first heroic halfus 25 last night and I nor the other melee could see a thing. It's bad enough to have this mass orgy of wings and legs and tails all around you but on top of that you've not only got pretty much every aoe healing effect, but every aoe damage effect! Flamestrikes, dnd's, priest bubbles, mushroom decays, etc. make it pretty much impossible to tell where the fire is and your best hope is to keep moving and move where other people aren't...

Maybe it's better on max graphics but my pc could no way handle that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

On Wotlk at least this option was turning off shadowtraps on LK hc and the ground effects on Halion HM as well. It wasnt really usable was like playing on suicide mode.

Not sure if they changed it since.

And yes i agree with the op also cant see @^#$ sometimes especially with the shaman/druid ground effects and if the raid hugs.
Edited by Marizza on 22/02/2011 15:52 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Halfus, while hard at first, is nowhere near as bad as Maloriak black phase and last boss burn phase

On Halfus, I simply zoom in closer when fireball barrage is happening (every 20sec or so), and after recent patch and change in the fight, you don't actually release everything at the pull any more, so it's sort of easier now to spot things on the ground, also you don't have locks hellfiring in melee range, which makes seeing barrage animation significantly easier
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Oh don't even get me started on halfus heroic.
I have no clue who was the braniac to make the void zones have the EXACT animation like warlock's hellfire.
So that when you do get 4 demo locks in the raid you end up mind @%%@ing the tank who has dificulty noticing if hes in a void zone or is the lock's aoe.

The spells are also horible, in some fights like chimerion when you have 25 players spaming their aoe heal abilities you get extremly low fps (and my pc can handle crysis on max details with no problem)

There should be a way for you to lower the graphic and effects from OTHER players but not OTHER bosses.

How ever too bad this is the EU forums and dev's dont get this info. Some one should post it on the US
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
in my opinion dnd is worst ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As a player, who mainly raids as melee, I agree. I find those effects are cool and pretty, but take example Omnitron defenses - you have relatively small area for several boss mobs, 25 players, and so you have tanks, melee, on this small spece, mmob doe sground effects, melee does ground effects, ranged does ground effects, ... healers do ground effects. Then you do your own ground effects (and try to keep track on them) [some classes do even two same time like DKs]... and so you try to get a buff effect, heal effect and step away from bad effects. Omnitron is best example how such option is much needed as suggested on OP.

I understand blizzard was aiming for cool gaming experience and in a way it is nice and all, but I cannot say it is enjoyable on some fights. I personally have managed to get killed because I "missed" hostile ground effect.

Not to mention all those frostbolts, shadowbolts, deathcoils, blasts, nukes, slams and slaps which are cool too, but offer me little interest. I want to see my spells flash better than "your" spells ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Oh don't even get me started on halfus heroic.
I have no clue who was the braniac to make the void zones have the EXACT animation like warlock's hellfire.
So that when you do get 4 demo locks in the raid you end up mind @%%@ing the tank who has dificulty noticing if hes in a void zone or is the lock's aoe.

The spells are also horible, in some fights like chimerion when you have 25 players spaming their aoe heal abilities you get extremly low fps (and my pc can handle crysis on max details with no problem)

There should be a way for you to lower the graphic and effects from OTHER players but not OTHER bosses.

How ever too bad this is the EU forums and dev's dont get this info. Some one should post it on the US

Double post, but I just noticed it. On halfus at start of our HC wipes I had to be pretty vocal to thin out some of people from melee (paladins liked to heal closer to melee, then some reason i found a moonkin there [why?]), then some healer asked why me and locks get too high fire circle -standing fails... But I havent found a way how can I make swift difference between lock aoe and dragon aoe from sky. Top of that being colourblind, I ... just ... told healers to "heal it". I am already dancing like ballerina as melee. It's same thing as hurricane effect on some mobs and druid hurricane (was more used in WotlK tho).

I personally do not lag too much during aoe, but I really-really-really am not keen on Blizzard using look alikes on players and hostile attacks.

And I again say i agree 100% on :

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]