hunter spirit pets.

Hi all.. im sure im not the only hunter in wow thats feeling a bit disapointed with the way spirit pets work... I spent so long looking for my spirit pets..waiting around for hours and hours on cold lonely mountain spots for them to appear..Have them all now ,and cant use them!!! why o why does blizzard feel that only BM hunters can use there spirit pets??? dosnt make any sense to me.. we spent the time waiting for them. trained them as BM hunters, only for blizzard to make BM hunters so useless that we have no choice but to spec as surv or MM, and then to tell us that all our hard work went to waste because surv+mm hunters cant control them??? come on blizzard we did train them as BM hunters there ours now..please lets us use them in all specs. or make BM hunters usefull again..its not fair;( and there dosnt seem to be any good reason why we cant..we put the work in we trained them as BM hunters, there tame to us now..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yeah wtf.
I think they should unlock that pet for normal hunters ...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I agree, they should unlock beasts once they're tamed. BM required for the tame, but afterwards any spec will do.

Makes no sense that our pets would care about what talent tree we have active....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I never understood why there were exotic pets in the first place. Hunters should be able to train any beast.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Agree with op. I don't have a spirit pet myself, don't see the point if I can't use one as a Surv.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Not to mention how terribad the spirit beast special ability is....it heals me for amounts not even worth saving...might as well crit myself for 30k since that's what most other classes do in PVP, and 5-8k "heal" on a CD from my pet won't do much good...

No Blizz, unlock beasts...let us use the beasts we want, but require to be BM for taming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I 100% agree with this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Not a hunter myself. But it seems weird that you can't use them in any spec.
Reply Quote
I'm bm hunter and stuck to my ways like it or not I don't think that would be fair to bm hunters you get your fancy AOE and good sig shots we get extra tps for our pets,intimidation and exotic pets so making it all classes get it would kill the point of bm surely we are the beast class where as marks and Sur are more shot orientated so for instance wouldn't put the time in to gain the knowledge to tame said beasts its blizz killing the bm spec !
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Tottaly agree, in the wild if you tame a beast it will stick with you forever and protect you that how they rule. not by speccing Exotic in BM.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Not to seem rude, but you also pull arrows out of thin air and shoot them at people, doing the same damage as a bullet from a gun.

Its a game mechanic in place to keep the spec unique, the ideal of a real-life pet doesn't need to fully apply, they don't even eat anymore ffs. whilst it would be nice to catch the pet as Bm and use it in any spec, everyone would and the need for it to be in BM tree would be pointless.

Also, the idea that you are a Beast Master means you are able to control much more feral beasts that are stronger and better. When you hit yourself with a stick and change your talents, you forget how to control such magnificent beasts and if you called it out it would simply not be cared for properly, such is a skill acquired when you are a Beast Master, causing it to run away. There. Solved.

(To use a real-life example, a Beast Master can control a Lion reasonably well, but if he was to forget how to control the Lion, it would eat him and run off) Consider Lions in game to be the cats of the real world, and spirit beasts etc. to be the lions of the real world.

Will just have to deal with not using them till BM is better, or go BM
Edited by Clawedammo on 23/06/2011 19:06 BST
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
Could be nice if instead of exotic pets BM would have exotic abilities on there pets, like every hunter could have spirit beast, but only a BM hunter would have the heal on it (or well sense its a BM ability rather then pet ability, they could turn it to a dps thingy)

In that way, a BM hunter wont feel bound to exotic pet that way, but rather to the pet he likes , and MM/SV could have some cool toys too.
Reply Quote
23/06/2011 12:10Posted by Firebeard
would kill the point of bm
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I use mine for PVP with the awesome heals and what not then use Sambas or a Wolf for Raiding depending on the setup.
Reply Quote
76 Dwarf Shaman
O.o To the tame the pet you must be BM but any spec can use it, wtf is the point then of that spell since everyone would spec BM get the pet and then change specs. I am a proud BM hunter and have been for a while now. MM seems the preferred choice for everything. Anyways being a Beastmaster is simple. We are the pro's with beasts. MM is all about your shots and accuracy etc, being a good marksman and survival well I cannot say to survive (even though a lot of emphasis is on surviving in this spec) but it is to use dmg other than normal and spell. Survival branches off into a bit of nature dmg and a bit of shadow. I may be jabbering along but the point I am trying to make is a BM hunter is unique in the sense is we can tame the best beasts in the world and use them. One of our advantages is that we get to use the best beasts with unique spells etc (unfortunately blizzard have firstly been really unimaginative just copying spells and secondly making the beast spells more unique) Also remember this is a game. If this was really realistic we wouldn't be able to respec, we would prob have to lvl more to master beasts or be a good marksman. I just find it amazing someone can simply say the solution is to tame them in bm but afterwards anyone can use it. It's like saying you can be demonology to train the demon but any class can use it kinda thing. I think BM is on the up to be honest. It was so broken it WOTLK compared to now.

Oh yes SP beasts for BM's seem to be the best all round PVP pet it seems. Obviously different pets suit different situations. With dps and pve I wouldn't know for sure but Im guessing a BM beast with a dps improve spell(eg.ferocious bite) would be preferred.

I tamed them and were happy. You should have known what you were getting into when you tamed them because it seems you tamed them without fully knowing the spec and if you liked it.

The spec itself is not so bad. MM is better no doubt but BM isn't complete garbage like it was in WOTLK.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
It's flavour for the BM spec. Annoying a bit, I guess, because I doubt I will ever go BM, but it gives BM something special. I think it's a good inclusion in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
heres an idea, i agree totally that any spec hunter should be able to tame any beast be it exotic or not , to make Bm hunters stand out Blizz could always give us a new special ability like allow us to have out 2 pets at once rather than the usuall 1 ( not that any Blizz developer will eve read this ), Think it would be really cool to have 2 pets going at a mob for u and would cetainly make bm hunters feel like true beast masters
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Not to seem rude, but you also pull arrows out of thin air and shoot them at people, doing the same damage as a bullet from a gun.

Its a game mechanic in place to keep the spec unique, the ideal of a real-life pet doesn't need to fully apply, they don't even eat anymore ffs. whilst it would be nice to catch the pet as Bm and use it in any spec, everyone would and the need for it to be in BM tree would be pointless.

Also, the idea that you are a Beast Master means you are able to control much more feral beasts that are stronger and better. When you hit yourself with a stick and change your talents, you forget how to control such magnificent beasts and if you called it out it would simply not be cared for properly, such is a skill acquired when you are a Beast Master, causing it to run away. There. Solved.

(To use a real-life example, a Beast Master can control a Lion reasonably well, but if he was to forget how to control the Lion, it would eat him and run off) Consider Lions in game to be the cats of the real world, and spirit beasts etc. to be the lions of the real world.

The most sensible post in this thread. Apart from the last sentence. BM is fine, thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I agree with OP its really stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

The most sensible post in this thread. Apart from the last sentence. BM is fine, thanks.

Totally agree, it's just another thread full of ignorance and people still in the wrath mindset. Absolutely nothing wrong with BM, and is more than viable. Loyal raiding BM hunter here, wouldn't have it any other way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]