BoA's, 1 step further

85 Human Rogue
@OP (and others)

It will NEVER happen. It is akin to rerolling the current FOTM and then having everything that you have ever acquired/achieved instantly put on it. And Blizz have stated they will not do that.

If people grow bored of their char, then tough. This is my only char, and will remain my only char.
Reply Quote
25 Undead Warrior

...why not? I already grinded exalted with the earthen ring, wildhammer, therazane and all the other stupid factions out there. Why should I have to go through the same GRIND (because, yes, it is a 100% pure grind) for every character I want to play when it is absolutely not fun in any way whatsoever?

How does letting me have fun by enjoying the things I already worked to accomplish hurt anyone? Does letting my characters equip better gear, from rep, when they hit 85 negatively affect other players in some way? Would it be bad for them if I were better geared when I entered heroics? Does me preforming better when partied with them harm them in some way? What does having to re-grind the same stupid things give me a different experience when it comes to their playstyle? You think my priest levles herbalism any different than my paladin did? You think my mage quested any differently than my shaman did as elemental?

How does making me do the same grind for every character make them in any way "feel unique" when I'm just doing the exact same, boring bull@##@ that I had to go through with my other character(s) before I could start enjoying them in raids/heroics (which even blizzard themselves obviously blatantly consider the only 'true' part of the game, with everything being balanced around lvl 85 characters, and talents being based around abilities that you many times can't even get by the time you can put points in the talents).

And the next thing you'll ask for is premade lvl85 characters with all achievements, fully decked out for endgame, etc blabla. Because hey, you already grinded your way to endgame once, so why should you have to do it again?
Get real dude, mmorpgs are about effort and rewards. Without effort rewards will not be rewarding. So if you want to play a gazillion alts be ready to put some time and effort in it.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
For the very, very, very horrible people that didn't even understand Wryxian's post should go lecture themselves.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Skinning_a_bear_should_aggro_every_bears

Oh yeah, he was mean bad blue for saying such a bad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
What i would want for Boa is them to be bind on battle.net account

I have one battle.net account containing 2 wow accounts yet i cant sent boa items from one to the other. Which in my mind makes no sense :)

My guess is this wouldn't be too hard to implement but maybe wont affect the most of the players but it would make some defenitly happy
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
23/02/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Wryxian
And leveling one char levels all chars in a 40 yard radius?

Wait, we can't report blues for trolling? That seems odd, given that our subs pay your salary. Explains a lot about the current state of the community if the community managers are trolls, though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
23/02/2011 4:14 PMPosted by Daema

Wait, we can't report blues for trolling? That seems odd, given that our subs pay your salary. Explains a lot about the current state of the community if the community managers are trolls, though.

It was less trolling and more pointing out the fact it was the gimme gimme gimme attitude. IE 'Can't be assed to do it all over again so I want it to be bind on account so all my characters can prosper!'

Or are you saying if I demanded, because I finally got 'What a long strange trip' on this toon, I should have it on all toons, because I could only be bothered to accomplish said achievement on this toon that I made, specifically for said achievement..?

OP made a few good points. A few. Some Achievements should be account bound, some mounts should be account bound. But not everything. And not just anything.

While Wryxian did a slightly bad taste post HE HAS A POINT. What's next if Blizzard does allow BoA rep. BoA Achievements. BoA mounts. BoA Everything BoA pets for hunters? BoA demons? BoA levels?
Reply Quote
25 Undead Warrior

What's next if Blizzard does allow BoA rep. BoA Achievements. BoA mounts. BoA Everything BoA pets for hunters? BoA demons? BoA levels?

Premade lvl85 characters that play themselves.

Reply Quote
86 Worgen Death Knight
23/02/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Wryxian

Wryxian i'm sorry mate but even if you meant this as a joke i'm not sure this is an appropriate way to address a player of your community.

If you have time to waste posting non constructive comments such as this, go have a look on the thread called "shred positional requirement" and share your wisdom there where it's needed. It's full of very interesting argumentations and yet blues are no where to be seen.

To finish on the off topic, that's because of the image you might be giving that players are getting angry at you and GC on the Forums: peeps cry for your feedback and when you post you post a silly joke >_>

Anyway...

To come back on topic, even if the OP is going a step too far, having BoA pets for instance is by no means something to laugh at. Every pet we buy through the store is sent to all the toons we have, so this at least you should acknowledge before trying to be funny.

Also, how many times you guys promised to put a halt on silly painful grinding: yet we don't have a BoA currency for specific faction vendors (last of them being in Tol Barad) and still no way of spending excess of Justice Points on some grinding only reps (those non championnable), whether in current or past content (except some wrath, i think Hodir).

I know the last bit is slightly off topic but it's linked to specific currency being potentially BoA.

Let us see if you'll take some time answering that, instead of cracking more jokes.

Peace.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
22/02/2011 8:11 PMPosted by Feedmegnomes
faction reputations

No

Achievements

Yes

Professions

Hell no!

Mounts and pets

Needs some restrictions
Reply Quote
Community
We do like the idea of account-wide achievements and it is something we have liked for a while. However we don't currently have the tech to be able to implement them as we'd like to, and probably won't have that for quite some time.

Account-wide professions or reputations are not something that is currently on our to-do list. If we were to think about that kind of thing, we'd have to carefully consider such a change as it has potential to heavily favour those of us who enjoy playing multiple alts. People who prefer just playing one character might not really see that as fair.

So nobody likes the 40 yard radius leveling aura idea. :-( It makes sense, you are actually leveling their best friend.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
can I haz 85 lvlz to all of my altz since I dont wanna level em
Reply Quote
71 Goblin Mage
While we're at it, make all the gear you loot drop on all your characters
Each time you lvl up, all your chars lvls up
When you get honor or justice points, you get it on all your chars
When you get 2200 arena rating, you get it on all chars

excellent idea
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
faction reputations - depends on implementation, i dont even bother to grind them on alts

Achievements - account wide acheivements with indication of wheather or not the specific charachter your linking on has acheived it or not would be fine, otherwise it depends on implementation

Professions - not sure how this would work, proffesions need to work properly and gain multiple skill per craft while lvled like we were told they would anyway.

Mounts and pets - yes please i currently have the brewfest kodo+ ram + headless horsemans horse on alts i dont care about, waiting for this to be implemented so i can transfer them to my main. RNG sucks, more so since the ability to farm them was removed.

you can report blues trolling at Wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
if only my Carved Ogre Idol was BoA, id be a happy man...

but some mounts/pets and achivements to be acount wide would be nice, with exceptions ofcourse
Edited by Mida on 23/02/2011 17:52 GMT
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Death Knight
We do like the idea of account-wide achievements and it is something we have liked for a while. However we don't currently have the tech to be able to implement them as we'd like to, and probably won't have that for quite some time.

Account-wide professions or reputations are not something that is currently on our to-do list. If we were to think about that kind of thing, we'd have to carefully consider such a change as it has potential to heavily favour those of us who enjoy playing multiple alts. People who prefer just playing one character might not really see that as fair.

So nobody likes the 40 yard radius leveling aura idea. :-( It makes sense, you are actually leveling their best friend.

Atta boy, that's what we want to read from you.

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Priest
23/02/2011 5:19 PMPosted by Wryxian

I think that joke was wasted on those people Wryxian, you made old players laugh really well tho :)

Anyway, did you consider say system of partially shared reputation - for example - part account wide, part character specific ?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Hey Wrixian, how about this.
The Epics you get from Rep bind to your account like the archeology ones.
That means the toons dont have the rep but they can have the items.
Which would do to start HCs and raiding with on alts.
Reply Quote
Surely if you can send your alts epic items then you should be able to send them JP you no longer need? it beats being capped or spending it all on useless trade goods you don't want nor need, it sucks having a tank at 4k jp while your dps alts need gear and it also means you don't need to farm heroics with 25 minute queues which don't always end well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

<3

However,do you realize that because i switched from shaman to paladin i no longer have you as a pet????FIX IT!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]