Tailoring/Enchanting - What to DE for Hypnotic Dust?

85 Troll Mage
Hi all, I've hit a brick wall in my Enchanting levelling (If I'm honest the same for Tailoring, but at least I can 'farm' the materials for that). I've done all of the quests in the Cataclysm zones so I'm out of a reliable source of greens, just getting what I manage to glean from my heroic runs.

I'm now looking to Tailoring as a source. I'm going to assume that Spiritmend items are the ideal things to DE for the dusts but I can't find a reliable source of what works out the best dust per item. The item requirements are:

Spiritmend Boots/Belt/Gloves/Leggings (4 bolts/2 thread)
Spiritmend Robe (6 bolts/2 thread)

Wowhead says 1-4 with a 74% drop rate on the boots and robe (Same 1-4 for the others, but with a 73% rate) so I assume Boots are the way to go, I'd just like to know if anyone has anecdotal evidence of the best items. I'm swimming in essence/shards/bolts at the moment, just need the dust!

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Have you thought about buying cheap 'disenchantables' off the auction house?

or just sell essences and buy dust with the money...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Check the prices of Embersilk and of Hypnotic Dust in the AH. Consider selling the embersilk cloth and buying the dust if it's more profitable that way.

If you're going to craft greens, I would start by crafting Deathsilk belt. It gives 1-3 dusts but takes half the embersilk the Spiritmend boots take so, it's probably better (if you can, make 10 of each and see for yourself).

The generic rule in crafting professions is don't farm what you need, farm what's most profitable, sell it and buy what you need (and pay attention to what you're crafting, leveling enchanting can be very profitable if you avoid the patterns that sell for a loss and make the ones that sell.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Thanks for all the tips, I'll check the AH tonight for cheap greens/dusts - and thanks for the tip on the Deathsilk belt. :)

01/03/2011 1:05 PMPosted by Jaimec
(and pay attention to what you're crafting, leveling enchanting can be very profitable if you avoid the patterns that sell for a loss and make the ones that sell

Yes, I need to do more research on these. I've been following the guide on wow-professions, but a lot of the vellums either don't sell or sell at a loss as you say. I had hoped that the +40 OH Intellect enchant would be a good seller, but it's not looking all that promising at the moment.

I think we're a fairly quiet realm so options are limited.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]