Camera problem.

72 Goblin Priest
I used the command /console cameradistancemaxfactor 4, and when i did that i ended up in first person weave. And every time i try to zoom out i get back to first person weave. I can only zoom out by pressing end/home. But i don't get very far out. I have tried to delete all addons, delete the WTF folder, and even reinstalled WoW. But the problem is still there.
So any input on how to fix this problem are welcome.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Greetings Skumring,

Have you tried altering the Maximum Camera Distance in your Interface menu? You can find it by accessing the Game Menu (default key binding Escape), selecting the Interface menu and then the Camera option from the list. You can then either set this to maximum or reset to defaults. :)

As for what you altered when you used the console command you mention, that should actually have been somewhat reset when you deleted your WTF folder, as this specific alteration would normally be stored within the Config file specific to the character in question, so the most likely situation here is that any remaining strangeness comes from your server-side settings instead (hence the advice above).
Reply Quote
72 Goblin Priest
The cameradistance is set to "far". And when i try to zoom out i get the "first person weave" instead. It's the same problem on my other chars.
How can i change the server-side settings?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
The settings you select through the menus in-game will mostly be stored server-side, so I was hoping your issues might have been caused by one of these.

Could you perhaps try checking your Key Bindings instead then? It should always be possible to zoom out to a good distance using the appropriate keys or (more normally) mouse scroll wheel, so it does sound slightly odd if you’re ending up in first person view when trying to do the opposite.
Reply Quote
72 Goblin Priest
My zoom keys are normally set to mouse scroll wheel, but i removed the key for zoom out cus i don't want to get first person view mid fight. I've also tried to bind it to some other keys like + but the same thing happens then. It just put me back in first person view. Pretty annoying especially if when I'm raiding or doing BG's. Don't get any overlook at things at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Have you tried a UI reset?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
/console cameraDistanceMax 30

That should return you to normal.

/console cameraDistanceMax 50

This gets you extended zoom out.

I'm not sure what the cameradistancemaxfactor command does, but if all you want is to be able to zoom out more, then you should be using cameradistancemax, not maxfactor.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I'm not sure what the cameradistancemaxfactor command does, but if all you want is to be able to zoom out more, then you should be using cameradistancemax, not maxfactor.

"Factor" = multiplier, that means if you have a cameradistancemaxfactor of 4, and a cameradistancemax of 50 then it's infact 200.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
People are strange. That much zoom out is not needed.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello again Skumring,

As you weren’t available in-game this afternoon, I took the liberty of briefly checking your character myself and I’m afraid I didn’t find anything strange with either the camera distance or the controls when doing so on our systems here.

As you’ve also said you’ve fully reinstalled the game, I’d have to say that it sounds most like some kind of key bind issue if you’re continually getting these problems (the console command you used should actually be doing somewhat the reverse of making you zoomed in at too great a distance, but you’ve already ‘undone’ its effects if you’ve altered the Maximum Camera Distance in-game).

You mention that you’ve been able to use End/Home to alter the perspective, but please don’t forget that these keys are usually bound to Next/Previous View, and hitting them is very likely to put you into an equivalent of first person view as one of the options you’ll cycle through. You also mention that you’ve unbound Zoom Out, which I’d hope would be something that would stop you from getting stuck in first person view mid-fight (rather than being able to cause it).

If it’s not going to cause you too much annoyance, I’d recommend now resetting your Key Binds fully back to Default, and perhaps even also unbinding End/Home once you’ve moved yourself back to a standard ‘fully zoomed out’ view. Do also give Tieryn’s suggestion a try – these commands basically only alter the maximum distance to which you can zoom out, but once you’ve made use of either one or the other you should find you can then scroll down in order to move your viewpoint out much farther.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

Thanks, this fixed my problem ^^ So now i can zoom out to a more desirable distance.
Thanks allot :D

Skumring
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
\o/
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Niiiiice. Well played everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
IVE try all of them when i get pick up by the white bird in zulman i zoom out can u help with this
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Thanks to him i also fix my problem :) i was getting exactly same issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]