Ask the Devs #1 Questions

(Locked)

Community
Update Tuesday, 10:50am:
Thanks everyone for your questions! We've passed the 9:30am deadline, so no more questions can be included. Please now go through the pages and vote for the questions you'd most like to see answered.

Original post:
Welcome to the World of Warcraft Developer Global Q&A. In this thread we'll be collecting questions from you to have answered by our developers. We'll be asking for your question each time a new Ask the Devs Questions thread goes up, having the community vote on them, and posting the answers we receive approximately one week later.

Here's how this works:

• Starting at the time this thread is made you can post your World of Warcraft question for the developers.

• Around 9:30 Tuesday Morning we're going to reply saying no more questions will be taken, and any questions beyond that point will be ignored.

• We'll then ask you to use the thumbs-up button to vote for any questions you'd like to see answered. (Please only vote on questions submitted before the cutoff time.)

• Around 17:00 on Tuesday, we'll lock the thread, meaning no more votes will be possible.

• We'll pick out posts with the most votes, collect them with questions from the other regions, and get answers to be posted the following week.

• This process will continue on, with a new question thread going up (weather permitting) and the answers to the previous questions being posted shortly thereafter.

Rules

• Only one question per post.

• If your question is answered your character name will be displayed alongside the question.

• Discussion posts are not allowed! If you don't have a question for our developers, you should not post in this thread.

• Once the "no more questions" post is made, please refrain from making additional posts and only vote for your favorite questions.

• You can vote for questions at any time while the thread is unlocked.

• A highly rated post does not mean it will be answered, but we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible.

• Down votes don't count.

Tips

• Don't post or vote for questions you know we won't answer. We're not going to use these Q&As to announce new features, expansions, or release dates, etc. By the same token, we're not going to answer questions that touch on subjects outside of the game and its design.

• Ask about any game design subject! Class design is surely the most popular, but we'll do our best to get any questions answered no matter the topic.

• Keep your question concise. One to three sentences should be plenty to explain background and ask a question.

• Vote for any and all questions you would like to see answered.

• All votes count. While you can't see vote #'s, we can. Even if a post is highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered.
Edited by Wryxian on 08/03/2011 09:48 GMT
85 Goblin Shaman
Are there any plans to make Earthbind and other totems scale with hit rating? I'm tired of my Earthbind letting the oozes on Cho'gall slip through or split apart due to misses. (Mainly an issue in 10man)
Edited by Khronics on 07/03/2011 17:11 GMT
85 Troll Priest
Is Blizzard planning on updating the character graphics of the original 8 races; will we see any changes or more customisation options during this expansion?
90 Human Paladin
What's up with the 4.1 change to Word of Glory (20s CD for prot/ret)?

As a Prot paladin, my only other choice for using holy power is Shield of the Righteous or Inquisition (or not using HP at all). My threat is already sky-high as it is, so I prefer to just use Word of Glory to reduce the strain on my healer a little.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Currently hunters have a problem with traps being resisted eventhough you are spell pen. capped and hit capped in pvp. Is this currently being corrected or do you feel that it adds to the class in a positive way as for instance always carrying a backup plan?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, I'd like to ask why the Most important healing spell of us paladins are being nerfed so massively? =(
90 Night Elf Druid
What are the devs plans for moonkins ?
Are we a pure pve specc and not playable on pvp realms or are we suposed to be able to PvP to some degree at least ?
85 Dwarf Shaman
Are you gonna do anything about elemental shamans uselessness in pvp?

(and Boomkins)
Edited by Penum on 07/03/2011 17:33 GMT
90 Night Elf Druid
Will resto druids get any kind of raid utility besides a buffed Tranq come 4.1? (In means of partial dmg reduction)
71 Blood Elf Rogue
When is RealID going to be a true feature of WoW, meaning I'd be able to invite friends from other realms in my party, and just not having random people in my dungeon ?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is this it for fishing in Cata? Or will there be new additions such as the Sea Turtle in the not-too-distant future? What about new fishing achievements, other than the Limnologist and the Oceanographer?
85 Gnome Rogue
Why are you buffing warriordamage...? Do you have any insight on what kind of impact this will have on PvP?
85 Gnome Death Knight
The the release of new MMOs that have garnered a good deal of attention (notably Rift) does Blizzard have a plan to bring the existing game engine up to date? I can play DC Universe Online at 1650x1080, 16xAF, 8xFSAA at a consistent 50+ fps, even in huge PVP battles. Yet a 5 man dungeon can drop to below 30fps in WoW with similar, yet lower settings (2xFSAA) and people that have played Rift are reporting similar performance differences.

With the game and/or graphics engine being as old as it is, can we expect an update to this in the future?
85 Orc Shaman
What is the future of Enhancement shamans? In the past expansions we haven't scaled well, and presumably it's going to stay the same for Cataclysm. Are you planning to do anything about it?
85 Dwarf Paladin
In late TBC we got improved shadows.
In late WOTLK we got improved water.

Is any graphic engine improvement being worked on / thought of for late Cata ?
85 Goblin Rogue
Will we see the High Society Top Hat seen during dataming (a top hat made by tailors) because I think its quite unfair only worgen can get Top Hats currently.
85 Human Paladin
Is there anything being done to help holy paladins in higher rated -arena- specifically? Right now we are easily rated as the worst healer for higher rated arena teams while being great for RBGs and lower rated arena, being overly susceptible to CC - we are the worst represented class save hunters (the majority being ret actually).
85 Blood Elf Hunter
When u will fix hunters (counterattack on parry? w00t?, trap resist, a lot of bugs,...)?
1 Orc Warrior
WHEN, as you have already done with a few spells/talent, will you implement a broader span of giving spells & talents values that can be different for PvP and PvE.

Balance would be so much easier and speedier if more had dualenvirontment setting.
Balance is not very good and many fear it will not really skyrocket in quality as long as there is no PvE/PvP value for some spells and talents.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]