Why u cant buy lvl 85 pvp gear as lower level ? :<

70 Goblin Hunter
Just as the topic says.

Decided to lvl up this character only thru dungeons and battle grounds , im 56 and soon hitting honor cap which sux.

Im spending a lot of time in bgs and that would be a nice reward actually to get the pvp gear ready when i hit 85 :)
Edited by Powershot on 12/03/2011 10:11 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's the same with Justice Points. I was capped way before level 85 on this char and couldn't buy anything until level 85. I imagine it's so that you can't hit 85 and immediately be fully geared in great gear.

Is there no pvp gear before level 85 now?
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Hunter
there is , but it doesnt cost much , and on top on that , u still want to use ur heirloom pieces :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Like was said above, it is probably to stop you getting a full set of gear as soon as you hit 85.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just go for some of the warmounts first,
atleast it's something useful to spend the HP on while leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Just go for some of the warmounts first,
atleast it's something useful to spend the HP on while leveling.

that and with the JP you can buy some mounts with JP in dalaran
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Which mount and where about in Dalaran, if I can ask? :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/03/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Zombíe
Which mount and where about in Dalaran, if I can ask? :)

Mei Francis sells a Wooly Mammoth near the flight path for around 2k Justice Points.
Edited by Lynii on 08/03/2011 22:12 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/03/2011 8:20 PMPosted by Powershot
there is , but it doesnt cost much , and on top on that , u still want to use ur heirloom pieces :)

Ah, I don't pvp so am pretty clueless about gear for it. Just remember buying gear on a lowbie alt at some point.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Not a bad idea ,cause once players would hit 85 ,they wouldn't be so undergeared & not-prepaired when they'd join Bg ,vs some Vicious geared gankers :p
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/03/2011 9:15 PMPosted by Corripio
Like was said above, it is probably to stop you getting a full set of gear as soon as you hit 85.

You have to ask yourself though; why is this a bad thing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's the same with Justice Points. I was capped way before level 85 on this char and couldn't buy anything until level 85. I imagine it's so that you can't hit 85 and immediately be fully geared in great gear.

This was a point when Cataclysm was released, so that long time players wouldn't have an advantage over new players or rerollers.

Now it's counter productive. Most level 85 characters have good gear at this point, both pvp'ers and pve'ers. Loads of "catch up" mechanisms are available (i.e. guild reward heirlooms and perks), so why not allow new players and rerollers to get an early start on their end game gear?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/03/2011 7:35 AMPosted by Wiffleston

You have to ask yourself though; why is this a bad thing?

I have often asked myself that, the only thing I can come up with is they want you to run content at 85 to gear up, that is the only logical thing I can think of.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Hunter
Yea well , done enough of current content on main , especially heroics ;p

Eitherway , would be nice to buy lvl 85 gear as lower lvls
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Hunter
Let us buy lvl 85 honor gear b4 we actually hit 85 , or increase honor cap :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]