WOTLK Sacred Shield

100 Blood Elf Paladin
So, who of all you paladins are missing our sacred shield from wotlk ? i think they should reinstall our old one instead of the lame-ass ret talent it is now. Upon proc in pve and pvp the dmg absorb is gone in 1 blow and the 20% heal won't help you if you are under heavy fire. I just want to call out to all pally's to react to this and tell why you miss the old shield. A GM informed me that they are reading all this !*%*, so if just one whole mass reacted the chance might be alot bigger for the developers to bring it back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i like this one more and i think its one of the best life-savers ingame.
You don't have to click anything, with right timing on cds it's a huge damage adsorbtion for a dps-tree and allows faster healing up.

if you think it gets blown away in notime with it........ Resiliense will fix it.

edit: As far as your pvp experience goes i see u only been in a few teams where u got free rating and thats all.
Stop seeking attention because you don't seem to posses the braincells to even troll about this.
also, nice helm.. consider taking plate for the Xtra 5% Str.
Edited by Engaging on 07/03/2011 16:10 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
To be honest, i too like this new shield. it just needs a little looking into.
It scales magnificiently with AP, and thus Strength.
Right now, with just Blessing of Might up, it shields me for 27.5k
When i use trinket just before i drop to 30% i get 38.2k on me.
Its like ret pallies having 170K HP.
Besides. saving your DP proc and 3 HoPo, to WoG twice boosts you back up to 70%, 90% if you get eternal glory to proc.

And then 30 seconds later, proc shield.

Which is why this 4.1 nerf is going to be such a huge hit for us.
It won't proc twice. 1 minute timeframe is just too big.
And You can only WoG once.
Edited by Claymare on 07/03/2011 16:16 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Because it was because it would be OP now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i like this one more and i think its one of the best life-savers ingame.
You don't have to click anything, with right timing on cds it's a huge damage adsorbtion for a dps-tree and allows faster healing up.

if you think it gets blown away in notime with it........ Resiliense will fix it.

edit: As far as your pvp experience goes i see u only been in a few teams where u got free rating and thats all.
Stop seeking attention because you don't seem to posses the braincells to even troll about this.
also, nice helm.. consider taking plate for the Xtra 5% Str.

1st of all, i'm not trying to troll, i'm just saying my opinion. Second : sorry for not being able to find better gear, ofc i know i need plate but my hc teams suck cuz after 1st boss there is always someone who start whining about something. This thread is so pple could comment for sacred shield, not on me for lacks of gear and good team.
Reply Quote
I do.I wish that Ret SS coudl be used like AMS :<
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If i get sacred shield i can solo heal most 10man bosses.So naa its good now
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/03/2011 7:16 PMPosted by Quadruple
If i get sacred shield i can solo heal most 10man bosses.So naa its good now

Could you please explain yourself a little more ?
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
i miss sacred shield as holy since the 1st day i lost it(patch day).it wasnt only a very strong move.it was adding more skillcap and making the class more active than spam healing get cc'd you lost.even though it was easy to dispell or spellsteal it definitily was obvious that predicting a switch on yourself for example and buffing your self with the shield before the switch could save your life,so yes both strong and increasing skillcap.cant see the reason why they removed it.on the other hand they reduced rogues skillcap but tons and every other classes skill cap by also a lot so i dont see anything we're not used to.getting highlight abilities removed ( see vanishing spells,shouting rogues out of stealth and many more)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]