Do Blizzard really care about Low Level Players? (New)

(Locked)

EDITED

I have three points to make.

1. LL Pvp. Low Level PvP has been literally unchecked. I have been playing since patch 4.0 (I know, i'm n00by) and since then I have not seen a single change. Rogues are still facerolling.

2. Couldn't think of a name for this one (:D). I see most High Level players with awesome titles. Low Level players don't get flashy titles or anything. As a n00b like me, it would be pretty cool to see Deathwing and get killed, but, I can't, because I'm too low lvl.

3. Extra features. I really wish I could try arenas. It would be pretty cool, but no. You actually have to be lvl 70- Dear god am I saying this? Okay. I can try arenas when I am lvl 70, but still. I'm not one of those people who has all the time in the world to play WoW. I play it like any other game.

There. I just updated this because I didn't say it the right way.
Edited by Acedouble on 09/03/2011 07:54 GMT
85 Goblin Shaman
Solution = level. It doesn't take much time anymore. :> I loved the content during leveling this character, I guess it's just opinion.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Err, why?
As you're leveling your probally rushing the content to get to 85 as fast as possible, and only a few people stops their exp gain to twink. And well, you had alot of new things in Cata, and those BGs you're talking about got added in later expansions, so as you're playing in BC you can't access WoTLK ones, thats kind of obvious tbh
90 Human Paladin
Some stuff????

They Rebuilt the entire lvl 1 to 60 experience from scratch., they rewrote the entire bloody game for leveling!

Cataclysm brought 60 levels of new Low level content, 5 levels of high level content, do the math!! Low Level players have never seen as much love as Cataclysm.

Do you even actually play warcraft?
Community
We care without boundaries. We care so much for people playing through the lower levels, we remade Azeroth anew in Cataclysm. And that wasn't all we did to improve the experience for lower level players.
when you get to level 50, que only for sunken temple, lots of rep, decent exp, LOTS of loot (very good for tanks and casters, i didnt find much good : ) : and its small and fast, they changed it COMPLETELY
75 Dwarf Priest
08/03/2011 9:40 AMPosted by Wryxian
We care without boundaries. We care so much for people playing through the lower levels, we remade Azeroth anew in Cataclysm. And that wasn't all we did to improve the experience for lower level players.

If you care so much, how about having a look at the state of lower level battleground leveling.. in particular class balance.. brb off to get 3 shotted by a rogue when I forget to pop shield for the billionth time.
85 Worgen Hunter
08/03/2011 9:48 AMPosted by Baldorn

If you care so much, how about having a look at the state of lower level battleground leveling.. in particular class balance.. brb off to get 3 shotted by a rogue when I forget to pop shield for the billionth time.

The game isn't balanced around twinking at 70, nor 60, nor 59.
85 Blood Elf Mage
08/03/2011 9:50 AMPosted by Drgreenthumb

The game isn't balanced around twinking at 70, nor 60, nor 59.

Beat me to it
08/03/2011 9:45 AMPosted by Argolia
when you get to level 50, que only for sunken temple, lots of rep, decent exp, LOTS of loot (very good for tanks and casters, i didnt find much good : ) : and its small and fast, they changed it COMPLETELY

Yeah they did -.- They DESTROYED it :( I used to love Sunken Temple... not anymore... It was comparable to BRD in its complexity, yet small and easy to maneuver trough, with a lot of fun encounters. I was SO sad when we killed Shade of Eranikus and the remaining trash didn't lift a finger to help him...
90 Night Elf Death Knight
08/03/2011 9:40 AMPosted by Wryxian

While I agree and I have (Vastly) enjoyed leveling 3 new alts AND wanting to level more (Currently have no more slots..desperately wanting some) I can not agree when it comes to battlegrounds.

They have become more and more of a gib fest and extremely unbalanced. This has nothing to do with heirlooms though, despite the arguments many (what seems to be very bitter) twinks make.

Each and every one of my 3 classes I have leveled (with heirlooms yes) I have been 1 shot in every bracket prior to 60. Most of these are from abilities such as Ambush and ravage (More infuriating since it's from stealth) I've also had numerous abilities (mainly from warriors which will most likely be down to heirlooms however) one or two shot me, on very low or no cooldown abilities, and things like aimed shot taking off much more than my HP when at high level for the bracket. While aimed shot takes a while to cast I admit, for an enhancement shaman trapped in a web at level 50 there isn't much I can do to get out of it apart from a 5 minute trinket.

This never use to be this bad, I'm also seeing so many bad players arise from this. If I actually manage to escape 1 out of the 10 times ambush only took me to 5% health instead of killing me, I can then turn around and beat the rogue, even when it takes me 20x the hits than what it would with him. They haven't learnt how to play their class basically, they've gone through the brackets 1 shotting things and not learning. So it's a double edged sword in the fact it helps no one, only the person doing the 1 shotting in the short term for their giggles

And really, that isn't funny. Seeing the same generic rogue pop from stealth and you're dead before you can blink an eyelid.

When abilities literally do one shot you, I think it needs looking into. This has been like it for a long time now, and apart from this, I'd utterly love low level BGs. Twinks have gone but just got replaced with high damage abilities.

Surely it is possible to tone down the damage pre-60/70/80/85.
08/03/2011 9:51 AMPosted by Mcdoc

Yeah they did -.- They DESTROYED it :( I used to love Sunken Temple... not anymore... It was comparable to BRD in its complexity, yet small and easy to maneuver trough, with a lot of fun encounters. I was SO sad when we killed Shade of Eranikus and the remaining trash didn't lift a finger to help him...

I agree, and I will always miss the old dungeon, but, I like the easy rep, my main had to do quests to get ambassador but now, heh, talk about a cake walk : )
85 Worgen Hunter
08/03/2011 9:51 AMPosted by Mcdoc

No one went down doing the Druid quest anyways, the major part of the instance still remains.
85 Undead Priest
Some stuff????

They Rebuilt the entire lvl 1 to 60 experience from scratch., they rewrote the entire bloody game for leveling!

Cataclysm brought 60 levels of new Low level content, 5 levels of high level content, do the math!! Low Level players have never seen as much love as Cataclysm.

Do you even actually play warcraft?

What he said! good grief some folks seriously have no clue! the entire experience on the way up has been totally reworked and improved (I'm enjoying leveling my lowbies for sure!)

yeah exactly same feeling when I get oneshotted by Avenger's Shield crit on my lvl 50 warlock... where's the class balance on lower level battlegrounds?

Altho I must admit it felt quite godly to solo group of 4 in BG on my lvl ~30-35 warrior... charge in, stun 3 at that, oneshot mage, 2shot hunter, 2shot priest, 4-5 shot another warrior. Getting my health full on next hit after any next one of them dies / procs this totally imbalanced warrior healing hit.
Edited by Wakharaa on 08/03/2011 10:11 GMT
85 Goblin Shaman
08/03/2011 9:48 AMPosted by Baldorn

How about you stop forgetting to PWS instead of just whining because you're not good enough. I've never had a problem with battlegrounds, low or high level, geared or not.

Yes, some classes are overpowered, but if you're going to stand in a wide open space in 10-14 WSG, then yes the hunter will kill you. If you can't remember to keep PWS up, then the rogue will kill you. PvP is just a glorified Rock, Paper, Scissors. Pick the right one next time, instead of trying to wrap the scissors in paper.

Learn to play, use your environment and spend a little time actually understanding your class before complaining to Blizz.
90 Human Warlock
Personally love levelling at the moment. Am in Redridge on my second shaman (I know, I have a problem) and find this zone AMAZING now. The low level BG's are also amazing fun now that twinks have been given the old heave ho.

People are only complaining because they can't keep up with the base level of skill involved to think outside the box.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Personally I think there is to much PvE being effected at endgame and constant balancing being made due to pvp at end game that the fact that low level pvp is left relatively unchecked is not the worst thing that could happen. I enjoy low level PvP, I actually enjoy it more than end game pvp, but when people are wanting balance through 85 levels of the game then it just gets to the point of being to much. Battlegrounds are not a 1 v 1 duel, you should rely on your team mates to make up for your weaknesses, and vice versa.
PvP is just a glorified Rock, Paper, Scissors. Pick the right one next time, instead of trying to wrap the scissors in paper.

Learn to play, use your environment and spend a little time actually understanding your class before complaining to Blizz.

After experiencing cataclysm pvp it becomes quite fast clear what misses from low level pvp. HEALTH POOLS ARE TOO SMALL for the damage people do. Knowing your environment doesn't help you against being 1 or 2 shotted in pvp - it's just stupid.

Fast and easy solution from blizzard would be giving battlegrounds on lower levels some global zone buff that increases people's health pools by 2-5 times AND/OR reduce the crit damage of hits (not crit chance, as it would render many class abilities pointless, but just crit damage from 2-3x to 1.1-1.5x normal damage).
08/03/2011 9:54 AMPosted by Drgreenthumb
No one went down doing the Druid quest anyways, the major part of the instance still remains.

On my tanks i always did, and lead the way on my other chars, when people couldn't find the way.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]